FORUMS
Buster4932

Warforged or BiS

Quick question for anyone that knows. Would it be better to use the warforged crossbow that drops off protectors or a normal paragons bow for a survival hunter?

Probably not, considering the hit is wasted, weapon damage is pretty big, so is agility, but losing out on that much crit is definitely going to set you back. I would personally use the bow from Paragons, I'm sure there is someone who can quickly come up with the numbers, but for my gear gaining around 200 agility would not outweigh the 1500 crit loss. The low end weapon damage is actually the highest weapon in the game with a range of 21770-32657 (HWF 572)  where the bow from paragons is 9049-35379 (HWF 572) just food for thought, but obviously a 500 weapon damage gain, and a 200 agi gain, don't outweigh the massive crit loss.

TL;DR: The Paragons bow is arguably better just because of the stats you get, and I would use it over the higher ilvl x-bow.

The crit turns into haste, so you don't really "lose" much, you just turn it into something else.

Considering that weapons are the highest agility piece in your set, there is simply no way that you would pick the lower iLvl option.

The Hit is not wasted either - if you're at these gear levels (normal/entry HC) you're not with a shitton of Hit, and even if you were full 588 BiS and were making this choice, it still wouldn't really matter.

And yes, 500 weapon damage and 120 agi EASILY outweighs the crit "loss".

Every crit "lost" is worth 0.09 "gear points" (the diff between Crit/haste in normalized stat values)

Every Agility is worth 1.

Every weapon DPS is worth 0.58

1448 crit on Paragons weap = 0.43 * 1448 = 622.6 GP

vs

1632 haste on protectors weap = 0.34 * 1632 = 555 GP

So a rough loss of 72 GP by "losing" the crit to haste.

Meanwhile, with the warforged weap, you gain:

120 Agility = 120 * 1 = 120

437 wDPS = 437 * 0,58 = 253.46

So a gain of 373 GP (all stat weights used are my own as found in the F.A.Q thread in my sig).

Now to put Hit into the equation.

You only have X amount of secondary stats to play around with, and X amount of hit that you need whether that be from reforging of your gear alone, doesn't matter.

TL;DR as long as you do not go above the hit cap by a significant amount (and it has to be OH SO significant to make the GP difference) it does not matter if there's hit on an item.

@Niix

Your problem is that you consider the Crit turning into Haste a complete 100% loss of stats, but it's not. The only loss is the difference in stat value per point, which is actually fairly small.

Hit is not "wasted", almost all of it (and it's not even that much hit, like 1k) will count towards his actual hit rating unless he's unlucky as fuck and has shittons of hit gear, and even then, Agility > all, same with wDPS.

Edited by Azortharion

200 Agility = 200 * 1 = 120

Double check this real quick and tell me how 200*1 = 120.  Unless there is some sort of hidden *0.6 in there you're not telling us about.

Double check this real quick and tell me how 200*1 = 120.  Unless there is some sort of hidden *0.6 in there you're not telling us about.

I went with Niix' mention of 200 agility, but checking the items on Wowhead the difference is 120 agility which I edited the post to reflect and redid the calc but seems I missed some of the edit.

dont burn me at stake pls

I went with Niix' mention of 200 agility, but checking the items on Wowhead the difference is 120 agility which I edited the post to reflect and redid the calc but seems I missed some of the edit.

dont burn me at stake pls

I don't burn people, just was curious.  And at 4/4 the difference is +139 Agi, +507.3 Weapon Dps, +529 haste, +1255 hit, and -1687 crit.  I would say the change is worth it.  

I also said in my gear.. and I also said that someone else will do the math better than me.. Which someone has. I have gotten a WF Death Lotus and it was a DPS loss by ~1000 give or take. I had no armory to look at, no information at all other than is this bow better than this bow, and I gave my two cents.