FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Mogu'shan Palace

Guest Alroxas

When fighting Xin the Weaponmaster, several of the mechanics of this fight can be safely ignored (or mitigated) by having the tank pull Xin back to the entrance of the room and have Xin face either corner of the doorway. This provides just enough room to move to the opposite doorway corner when Xin casts Ground Slam. The doorway is far enough away from all the various traps with exception of the Blade Trap. However, mindful DPS & Healers should be able to find a decent safe spot to stand.

When fighting Xin the Weaponmaster, several of the mechanics of this fight can be safely ignored (or mitigated) by having the tank pull Xin back to the entrance of the room and have Xin face either corner of the doorway. This provides just enough room to move to the opposite doorway corner when Xin casts Ground Slam. The doorway is far enough away from all the various traps with exception of the Blade Trap. However, mindful DPS & Healers should be able to find a decent safe spot to stand.

Thank you for sharing this tip. We have included it in our guide with a link to your forum post :)

Guest Browser

A ha! I found where some of this silliness is coming from. It is NOT true that you can ignore the mechanics by putting him in the doorway. In fact, it takes time to move him back there, it causes range and line of sight issues for your casters (including your healers) and it can also cause him to reset!

Coming from someone who tanked him back in September, it is far far easier to simply stand him at the bottom of the stairs and face him to either the left or the right of the room. Just run through him for Slam. He won't move while casting it. It gives everyone wide open spaces to move around (and DPS!) without all the fuss. Try it! Or better yet try both on a caster and see which you prefer. I'll guarantee that you'll find the doorway method a lot of fuss over nothing.

Guest Barrekton

You did not include the rare drop from Xin the Weaponmaster. If you are lucky he drops a 2 handed sword almost equal to the lfr version of starshatter.

Guest Ves

A ha! I found where some of this silliness is coming from. It is NOT true that you can ignore the mechanics by putting him in the doorway. In fact, it takes time to move him back there, it causes range and line of sight issues for your casters (including your healers) and it can also cause him to reset!

Coming from someone who tanked him back in September, it is far far easier to simply stand him at the bottom of the stairs and face him to either the left or the right of the room. Just run through him for Slam. He won't move while casting it. It gives everyone wide open spaces to move around (and DPS!) without all the fuss. Try it! Or better yet try both on a caster and see which you prefer. I'll guarantee that you'll find the doorway method a lot of fuss over nothing.

Jeez. I had to google this because I got called a "fkn noob tank" for not pulling him to the doorway... Glad I'm not crazy! Haven't played in months and thought something had changed since the last time I played... I LIKE tanking him in front of the throne. Much more fun than hiding in a corner and you can still avoid everything by standing in the light spot and moving when necessary/facing boss away from the group. >.<