Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blazejumper

[Holy] Help with trinket decision

8 posts in this topic

Hi there

I am a Holy Paladin w/ 9/14 HC SoO and doing quite good for myself. However I recently got into reevaluating my trinkets.

I am currently running Prismatic Prison of Pride as a staple while alternating between Thok's and Siegecrafter's depending on what the encounter needs - cleave or more regen.

Yesterday I looked in my bags and saw a neglected Heroic Nazgrim's trinket and I thought: "Which is downright better?"

AMR says Thok's but I wanted to hear what other Paladins think and run with.

Armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/Blazejumper/advanced

I like Siegecrafter's simply because it provides its benefits across all encounters and all types of healing roles.

For the same reason I dislike the RNG trinkets, since healing (and tanking for that matter) is a lot more about controlling your output as opposed to DPS, who can usually better react to procs (snapshotting ftw).

So I would run with Siegecrafter's and Prismatic Prison, since these two have strong permanent utility, and Siegecrafter's has a proc which should always be useful.

Just my two cents ... interesting discussion.

Edited by Lothrandir

Yup, I'm a fan of on-use and non-rng trinkets. I use Prismatic and the Siege trinkets. There was a point in time I used thok's trinket on some of the stacked fights like Sha, Noureshen, Thok, etc.. but I started to lean towards the Siege trinket just because it has the constant Int with a spirit proc that goes nicely with other procs we have (weapon, divine plea, etc)

1 person likes this

How do you feel about Purified Bindings of Immerseus?

I've recently rediscovered my paladin since our alt runs needed a healer. It's not fully heroic yet, but I've already hit a point where spirit has become somewhat unnecessary(sitting at about 12k) and is reforging away from it on every single piece that I've got.

Doing that I managed to get roundabout 18k mastery already before amplification. With one trinket that gives 9.17% amp, I end up with roughly 19.7k. Getting the secondary amp trinket would give an additional 1.8k mastery. It would also yield 1.1k spirit and some 500 haste.

The only alternative to PBoI would be TAGT, but I'm not a particular fan of low proc chances on trinkets. The proc from Thok also doesn't interact with a paladin's mastery from what I can tell, making it less interesting.

Any thoughts?

I don't think this would be optimal for a Selfless Healer build, since Spirit is pretty much worthless for that build. I've also been running Eternal Flame with 9500 lately and found it works surprisingly well, so my opinion of spirit is that you don't really need to consider it.

This means you're really only getting a 2k mastery buff, and from what I hear the PBoI proc doesn't work on our spells. That could be wrong though, since I'm seeing no confirmation of it working or not working, but it just isn't that strong of a stat gain.

A 2k mastery buff is 4.17% mastery and you're right that it isn't a lot. But the only alternative for throughput trinkets this tier is TAGT, and how powerful do you find it is on average? I don't have one myself, neither on my paladin nor on my priest so I sadly can't check the numbers myself :/..

Edited by steve

I'd figure purified bindings to be a superior alternative to a starting heroic healer, over any normal trinket aside from PPP (I just noticed pride's and thok's trinket are triple lettered) but then again I'd only suggest using it primarily for a SH build (I'm just taking a guess here now) 

1 person likes this

And if you're progressing, needing PBI is going to make you wildly unpopular with all DPS casters. The 'low' chance on PBI seems to me to be quite accurate - haven't seen it drop much.

I was about to mention it originally, but omitted it due to this alone, but if PPP is strong, so is PBI, especially for the SH build.