Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[Holy] Help with trinket decision

8 posts in this topic

Hi there

I am a Holy Paladin w/ 9/14 HC SoO and doing quite good for myself. However I recently got into reevaluating my trinkets.

I am currently running Prismatic Prison of Pride as a staple while alternating between Thok's and Siegecrafter's depending on what the encounter needs - cleave or more regen.

Yesterday I looked in my bags and saw a neglected Heroic Nazgrim's trinket and I thought: "Which is downright better?"

AMR says Thok's but I wanted to hear what other Paladins think and run with.

I like Siegecrafter's simply because it provides its benefits across all encounters and all types of healing roles.

For the same reason I dislike the RNG trinkets, since healing (and tanking for that matter) is a lot more about controlling your output as opposed to DPS, who can usually better react to procs (snapshotting ftw).

So I would run with Siegecrafter's and Prismatic Prison, since these two have strong permanent utility, and Siegecrafter's has a proc which should always be useful.

Just my two cents ... interesting discussion.

Edited by Lothrandir

Yup, I'm a fan of on-use and non-rng trinkets. I use Prismatic and the Siege trinkets. There was a point in time I used thok's trinket on some of the stacked fights like Sha, Noureshen, Thok, etc.. but I started to lean towards the Siege trinket just because it has the constant Int with a spirit proc that goes nicely with other procs we have (weapon, divine plea, etc)

1 person likes this

How do you feel about Purified Bindings of Immerseus?

I've recently rediscovered my paladin since our alt runs needed a healer. It's not fully heroic yet, but I've already hit a point where spirit has become somewhat unnecessary(sitting at about 12k) and is reforging away from it on every single piece that I've got.

Doing that I managed to get roundabout 18k mastery already before amplification. With one trinket that gives 9.17% amp, I end up with roughly 19.7k. Getting the secondary amp trinket would give an additional 1.8k mastery. It would also yield 1.1k spirit and some 500 haste.

The only alternative to PBoI would be TAGT, but I'm not a particular fan of low proc chances on trinkets. The proc from Thok also doesn't interact with a paladin's mastery from what I can tell, making it less interesting.

Any thoughts?

I don't think this would be optimal for a Selfless Healer build, since Spirit is pretty much worthless for that build. I've also been running Eternal Flame with 9500 lately and found it works surprisingly well, so my opinion of spirit is that you don't really need to consider it.

This means you're really only getting a 2k mastery buff, and from what I hear the PBoI proc doesn't work on our spells. That could be wrong though, since I'm seeing no confirmation of it working or not working, but it just isn't that strong of a stat gain.

A 2k mastery buff is 4.17% mastery and you're right that it isn't a lot. But the only alternative for throughput trinkets this tier is TAGT, and how powerful do you find it is on average? I don't have one myself, neither on my paladin nor on my priest so I sadly can't check the numbers myself :/..

Edited by steve

I'd figure purified bindings to be a superior alternative to a starting heroic healer, over any normal trinket aside from PPP (I just noticed pride's and thok's trinket are triple lettered) but then again I'd only suggest using it primarily for a SH build (I'm just taking a guess here now) 

1 person likes this

And if you're progressing, needing PBI is going to make you wildly unpopular with all DPS casters. The 'low' chance on PBI seems to me to be quite accurate - haven't seen it drop much.

I was about to mention it originally, but omitted it due to this alone, but if PPP is strong, so is PBI, especially for the SH build.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Reikettsu
      Like A Boss - 7/7H Recruiting Ranged DPS and Heals for Mythic progression.
      About us:
      Like A Boss was founded during WotLK by a small group of in real life friends. We are formerly a 10-man Heroic raiding guild that raided throughout WotLK and went on a hiatus during Firelands (Cataclysm). We are a semi-hardcore guild, and are looking for dedicated members who are able to make majority (if not all) of our scheduled raids.
      What we are looking for:
      We currently have 15 raiders and we are looking to recruit more members to join our flexible raid roster so that we may progress into Mythic raids. At this moment, we are only seeking out ranged DPS (prefer lock, mage, or hunter) and healers (prefer druid or monk).
      Additional information and scheduled raids:
      Our raids are currently on Tues/Wed/Sun from 6:30pm PST till 8:30pm PST and we use Ventrilo for our raids. We typically try out new recruits for at least a week or two to ensure that it is a good fit for both the recruit as well as our guild. Raid spots are not guaranteed due to the flexible raid roster (ie. if we only have 2 healers available, we cannot do 20man that night).
      If you are interested in our guild or want to know more, please message/add Shells-Bloodscalp or Ryozul#1598. For the horde!
    • By Dominia
      <Mythic on Mains> is a heroic raid team comprised of adult raiders who value their time while progressing through current content. The core group came together in Warlords and cleared all content on both Normal and Heroic.
      We raid Thursday and Sunday evenings.
      Invites: 7:45pm -- First Pull: 8:00pm -- End: 11:00pm  (Eastern)
      We are a laid back group looking to have fun while working on current content.
      There will be wipes as we learn. But no raging tantrums or frothing at the mouth. Adult humor and language in chat and voice is ok, however be respectful and mature.
      Be available for a majority of both scheduled evenings (Thu/Sun) and for the entire scheduled raid time (Invites: 7:45pm, End: 11:00pm).
      We have very low tolerance for no-shows. We understand emergencies happen but ask that you make every effort to let us know of an absence as much in advance as possible. Remember there are other humans setting aside their time to do this as well. 
      Gear must be enchanted with appropriate enchants. 
      Slotted gear must be gemmed with appropriate gems.
      Maintain an appropriate understanding of your class talents and rotations. Healers must be able to heal effectively. Tanks must be able to tank effectively. DPS must be able to pew pew effectively.
      Bring appropriate buff food, potions (heal, mana, combat), and flasks.
      Read and view fight strategies and videos when asked. 
      Graciously take suggestions for improvement and direction on voice chat. 
      Bring the fun.
      Emerald Nightmare(H)
      10/16/2016 Dragons
      10/16/2016 Elerethe 
      10/9/2016 Nythandra
      Emerald Nightmare(N)
      10/2/2016 Xavius
      10/2/2016 Cenarius
      9/25/2016 Il'gynoth
      9/25/2016 Dragons
      9/23/2016 Ursoc
      9/23/2016 Elerethe 
      9/23/2016 Nythandra
      If you are interested in joining us, please post the following information on Discord at and someone will get back to you as soon as possible:
      Toon Name@Server
      Class: Spec/Off Spec
      Main Spec: iLevel / artifact level / AK level
      Prior Raid Experience
      You do NOT have to server transfer or join the guild to play with us.
      Contact info:
      BNet: Dominia#1504
      Discord: Dominia#5437
      Twitter: @TheRealDominia
    • By Pangelipang
      Hey guys!
      So, Karazhan is released now and I find this trinket quite interresting. I had the luck with me and I got it 895 Titanforged. I haven't been able to Sim it yet, the proc is not working in the program.
      What do you guys think about this trinket? Anyone really tried it out so far?
    • By Thraundil
      Bough of Corruption
      We've all looked at it once or twice and thought "what great potential". Some may even have looted it, and thought "WHOOP", only to be crushed by performance. Theres a reason its not on the top of best-in-slot lists, it does a measly 5-600k damage in the same space Wriggling Sinew puts out 2M. 
      No more! After todays patch, flamestrike damage got a +15% damage increase - suppose to make it compete more with living bomb. I decided to test it out in HoV regular mythic for the Kara quest, so I specced for Flame Patch. I wore bough of corruption too, just for the mastery with the ignite cleave. And suddenly I see crazy amounts of poisoned dreams (the name of the debuff given by the trinket) - it seems as if flame patch counts as a spell, causing poisoned dreams to proc each tick! (Or, according to Skada - nearly every tick. Maybe it has a (pretty short) cooldown on each target). Here is a Skada report from a pack of 4 risen lancer / risen swordsman dudes in Black Rook Hold, where poison dreams activated on my first fireball:
      Poisoned Dreams: 2,44M (19,8%)
      Flamestrike: 2,01M (16,3%)
      Phoenix Flames: 1,84M (15%)
      Flame Patch: 1,59M (12,9%)
      Now, during the pull I cast 3 flame strikes, which might be too much (I forgot if double flamestrike also causes double flame patch?). But poisoned dreams activated 50 times! It dealt more damage than my actual spells. I replicated similar numbers many times during the normal mythic runs I did just for the karazhan attunement quest line. 
      "But Thraundil - who cares about cleave in mythic dungeons?" 
      Well, lots of people. This is applicable to keystone dungeons too, where pulling big numbers on trash is equally, if not more important. Sustained cleave during bolstering in particular. Bough of corruption, compared to other "cleave" trinkets such as Figurehead of the Naglfar, is miles ahead. Figurehead cant cleave, so its fixed damage - my 855 version is just shy of 700k. 
      But here comes the interesting part - a part I hope you all would like to contribute to in the form of in-game testing, the most true test there is. Target dummy in class halls and cities are aparently too close to one another - the poisoned dreams are spreading amongst them, and I have not entered a proper raid yet since making this small discovery. But suppose this. Spec flame patch. 
      Run a regular rotation. Standard rune + combust spell useage. But save 1 rune of power charge. When poisoned dreams proc on the isolated boss, it will start with 1 stack (5425 dmg per tick), and then ramp up to 10 stacks (54250 dmg per tick) over 20 seconds. Which means that if you cast rune of power followed by a flame strike at say 6 stacks, you get the optimum effect. 
      Quick theoretical number crunch. During rune, my pyro crits around 450k + like 90k ignite damage. Sub this for a flamestrike (one testcast gives me 240k flamestrike (a crit) and 200k flame patch, call it around 400k dmg total on average including ignite), the damage loss is not huge. But the gain? Flamestrike, aftershock and 8 ticks of flame patch, all ticking poisoned dreams. Average stack 8 for the duration is 10 * 8 * 5425 * 1,5 (rune of power is the 1,5 modifier) = 627k damage. This is disregarding crits entirely. And yes, the ticks crit, so also benefitting from golden trait. So its easily a million damage. (Lining up with combustion is utopia since the proc of Bough is unpredictable). 
      Some data from Smashspite the Hateful (black rook hold mythic): 
      Pyroblast 4,52M (24,2%)
      Ignite 3,89M (20,8%)
      Fireball 2,08M (11,1%)
      Maddening Whispers 2,07M (11,1%)
      Poisoned Dreams 2,0M (10,7%)
      This is the result from Wriggling Sinew used in conjunction with combustion (Maddening Whispers), and Bough of Corruption procing twice during the encounter, both times I did what I outlined above, casting a rune then flamestrike at 6 stacks of poisoned dreams. The boss died well before the 2nd flame patch ran its full course, or the damage would be higher. The fight lasted 1 min 34 seconds. 
      Could this be a thing? I know it carries no critical strike rating, and mastery actually comes in as the 'worst' stat on singletarget dps. But could this be a thing? Can we come together and test this out on farm bosses over the next few days and see if Bough of Corruption actually has a use? Wriggling Sinew is best in slot because it combines crit with a sick proc effect, but it seems as if Bough could actually provide the same up-front damage - or maybe even more in some situations that I havent even thought of yet. 
      Lets find some use for this trinket, shall we? I am Tadtiq on EU Hellscream if anybody wants to discuss outside forums ;) 
    • By Ackthal
      <Elite> Kel'thuzad (Alliance, US)

Recruiting ranged DPS and healers (855+) for our core heroic raid team. Raid times are Wed/Sun 7:30pm-11:00pm MST. We have plans to push mythic raid content once we have our raid team filled. Also recruiting all skilled players interested in Mythic+ dungeons. Please join our recruitment channel in Discord (, reply to this post, or contact Khryseiss, Snodobaggins, Ackthal, or Unumalum in-game.

<Elite> is an inaugural guild forming the foundation of what is to become an amazing online gaming community. Founding members consist of real life friends and family. We are bringing together our time, resources, skill-sets, and past gaming experiences with the goal of creating a unique environment where people can connect with others who are highly skilled, level-headed, friendly, and fun to be around. Our core membership consists of players with past Mythic/Old Heroic raiding and Gold Challenge Mode experience, as well as many other high-end gaming experiences in other game titles.

We are growing at a fast pace with an increasing pool of players that are focused on Mythic+ content and raiding. We are looking for like-minded people who take the game seriously enough to put in the effort for progression, but at the same time realize that real life, friendships, community, and having fun are more important than clearing content and obtaining gear. Having a sensible demeanor and good attitude is a must. New PVE opportunities are on the horizon, including legacy raiding for achievements/mounts. Please contact us if you are interested. Thank you!