FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sigrave

Advanced Destruction Questions About T4 Snapshot

Attempted forum search returned no results. Broken???

Is it worth it to let Immolate fall off for one tick if you snapshot the 4 piece tier proc immediately after?

Is it worth it to use Fel Flame in place of Incinerate once to cap an ember which triggers the 4 piece tier in order to snapshot Immolate just before it falls off?

Is it worth it to use Fel Flame to cap an ember in order to fit a final Chaos Bolt/Shadowburn within trinket procs? If so, how many Fel Flames until it is no longer worth it? If needed, assume the trinket proc is an Expanded Mind+Dark Soul and that we have very high mana.

If you're managing your 4pc procs and immolate well, you shouldn't run in to that situation. Ever.

Depends on your haste level. Personally my incinerate is close to GCD so it would not be a gain for me. If you have very low haste then it could in theory be a gain. But you're looking at a .01% gain.

1) Yes it's fine to do so.

2) Probably not, I only use Fel Flame like so if I quickly need an ember for a Shadowburn, for example.

3) I would only use one, otherwise you should just have cast an incinerate anyway. 

Ideally though, on single target, I tend to refresh Immolate with almost every other 4pc proc. If meta gem procs, I will always snapshot it with the next 4pc. This often means it is extremely rare for me to lose the 4pc buffed immolate on single target, because I'm always refreshing with around 6-10 seconds left every time anyway.

With around 10k haste and proper managing of your embers, you shouldn't need to use fel flame except in certain circumstances, but not to sub in to your rotation. If you're always using 4pc procs to refresh Immolate you'll make it a habit to watch for the moment when you next Incinerate will proc it and already have an Immolate casting, which will also allow you to squeeze off a Chaos Bolt within it, which is a great way to plan your ember dump so you don't cap.