FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Snowshaddow

[Frost] Need some help with gear..

First off Hi!! Im new to these forums but so far so good. Im currently sitting at 581 frost, but for some reason I feel my DPS is low perhaps because of my gear. I havent got any logs atm, so I should probably do that but below is my armory if anyone has any suggestions!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Zizzain/simple

Thanks!!

Here is my recent logs for the first few heroic bosses, ignore shamans attempt, wasnt our normal full guild group cos people didnt show up >.<

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rhy7XMYjFJtzZxQk/
Edited by Snowshaddow

I usually use AskMrRobot to sort my gems and enchants. I see you are going for mastery. As far as I know frost is supposed to go for haste.

Other than that you should make sure you use the proper bombs each fight and have a perfect uptime on it+invocation/rune.

Here is your askmrrobot

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/frostmourne/zizzain

Greets Aridoma

Your gear looks good, i'd get that extra .16% or so to get to 15% hit. Also are you aiming for 15832 haste NT Breakpoint? if not, 15697 is viable before mastery pulls ahead I believe, though generally you go 14242 haste>mastery.

other than that just aim for some better optimized gear, it seems a good bit of your gear does not have mastery on it which isn't that amazing for frost because crit is negligible and you can gem keen vermilion onyx to help reach hit cap.

Also i'd use askmrrobot, but with custom haste caps set as otherwise it will just go full haste which isn't always going to be that great.

Yeah I just realised I'm just under hit cap, not sure how that happened. I do use askmrrobot with custom caps and weights set as I am going for the 15832 haste break point then rest into mastery, seems I do better DPS with this then I do full haste.

Trying to slowly swap out crit gear for mastery, just trying to get drops is a PITA on heroic against so many others in my particular guild group.

Crit is actually pretty good for Frost.

Dont go out of your way to get it but having it on gear is not at all a wasted stat.

Welcome back mate,

First of all I see some invocation uptime issues. You really need to track that and keep it up!

Living Bomb uptimes is also quite meh but you can still improve there ALOT!
 You can also use some more AoE abilities like on Sha spam Blizzard on the small adds the instant they spawn and Cone of Cold on CD on them.

Welcome back,

Once again you seem not to manage your uptimes well enough. Your living bomb % on the target is quite low but you did seem to do abit better on Invocation (still improvable though).

Another HUGE point of improvement is your reaction times to buffs.

You have way too many casts of Icelance than the times you gained Fingers of Frost.

You also have 35 procs of Brain Freeze but only 30 FFB casts. That is again a reaction based problem, but the case could be that it procced twice in a GCD or something (doubt it though)

I'd say once you manage these two things we can go more extensively on your logs!

Cheers
Berlinia

Hello again,

You indeed did do far better on Malkorok!
87% uptime for living bomb! Gratz but you still can improve abit!

You can improve quite well tho on Invocation uptime. I have a feeling that you don't track the Invocation being up, but you are tracking when it is down. I personally believe that you should track when it is up and it going down so you can know and preplan when you should cast evocation again.

Also you did cast too many Ice Lances that you didn't have FB procs for. You also lost some BF procs. So that's basically reaction speed.

Last thing is you could had cast Frozen Orb once more.

Cheers
Berlinia

Im not sure how to read logs correctly, but I think I did better with my uptimes, though there is still room for improvement. Not sure how to check casts etc though.

There's a sticky on this forum that I wrote that covers most of the basics.

Taking a quick look at the Malk log, your LB and Invokers uptimes are `decent` but not perfect yet. All you can do is practice practice practice. Refreshing those buffs should just be mechanical and automatic. If you have your UI set properly then all it takes is practice really.

You missed 5 FFB procs and also casted Ice Lance without FoF 5 times, which all adds up to significant loss in dps potential.

You lost your expanded mind by having it proc in AT. RIP.

Try using Ice Floes on that boss because there's usually just small repositions to be done that can be covered by icy floes rather than hitting IL with no procs.

You only used one potion too.

Edited by durrtygoodz

Missed out on AT + Buff tho.... BUT DID YOU SEE

They now split bufs etc to Defensive, Offensive etc!

HYPE

Thanks for all the help guys, trying to get it better. Slowly happening I guess. I kinda pay to much attention to whats happening in the raid then my UI i guess and miss things. I've only been playing mage since a couple months ago tongue.png 

I've got TMW set to scream at me when my buffs have fallen off, maybe I should have them do it just before they fall off so that I can start casting them again?

durrtygoodz can I add you somwhere for a chat? Id add you on bnet but your EU :P Been watching your stream videos, wouldnt mind a chat about UI etc

Edited by Snowshaddow

To be honest how you setup your UI is something you have to figure out yourself. Someone can let you copy their UI, but it's not going to be as effective!

Whenever a new tier is released you just show that picture to any new boss and they a) let you pass and b) drop all their loot for all classes indefinatelly