FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vipples

Making the switch from 10 to 25

So our guild finally has enough to make a swap to 25H. Looking through guides, its hard to tell if there are any major differences other than a few more adds/more damage here and there. Is there any major change in mechanics from going from 10H to 25H that we should keep special eye on? 

And how many healers do 25man's normally run these days? are 2 heal fights from 10man 4 heal fights in 25? 5? I saw some 25H Garrosh guilds running 4 heal, wondering if we can get away with doing 4 heal on most fights, or if there are some that will have to be 5 or even 6. 

Most fights are 3 heal especially if it's on farm.

I think Norushen/Paragons/Thok are your main 4 heal fights. Depends if you tank shamans together (you should) and how you feel about Thok. The latter might require 5.

I'd advise you to run an extra healer as you transition to 25 man just to cover for any potential mistakes or mishaps as your raid team adjusts.

We did Garrosh with 4 healers but honestly it's wasted, just go 1 tank 3 healers + a brewmaster for kiting adds and you're golden.

mostly it more damage and more add mostly. and more chance for people to mess up. i would suggest starting with 6 heals. the 4 man heal im guessing they healers were extremely geared. you can drop down to 5 ish but i would suggest 6 or 7 at least to start. gen rule of thump is 1 to 5. 1 heal for every 5 players

mostly it more damage and more add mostly. and more chance for people to mess up. i would suggest starting with 6 heals. the 4 man heal im guessing they healers were extremely geared. you can drop down to 5 ish but i would suggest 6 or 7 at least to start. gen rule of thump is 1 to 5. 1 heal for every 5 players

If you've already cleared 14H on 10 man then you likely have 3 solid healers, if not 4 that you've been rotating as you wait for 25 man.

5 healers on most bosses is fine as you re progress, but going up to 6 or 7 will likely just hurt you. Bosses will die far too slow and you just make things harder. Stick to 5 (4 on some easy bosses) and you'll be fine.

Edited by Liquidsteel

If you've already cleared 14H on 10 man then you likely have 3 solid healers, if not 4 that you've been rotating as you wait for 25 man.

5 healers on most bosses is fine as you re progress, but going up to 6 or 7 will likely just hurt you. Bosses will die far too slow and you just make things harder. Stick to 5 (4 on some easy bosses) and you'll be fine.

unless they only have 2 good heals.

lol no just basing on what my guild did. we started off at 6 heals and then went to 5

We've got two healers that have solo healed Garrosh with different groups (disc and restro druid), and two more fairly strong healers (holy pally resto shaman.) Haven't seen the pally in action yet, but his numbers seem pretty good.