FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lichdom

WoD Elemental Shaman Off-healing

I'm wondering if I could pester any of the shaman beta testers to dig up some numbers about the current state of elemental shaman healing in the beta?

Mainly I'm interested to know approximately how much is a talented Healing Stream Totem healing for as a percentage of max health per tick.

Along the same lines, I'm wondering how much healing is the Storm Elemental Totem putting out? Is it nearly good enough to be a replacement for the loss of HTT?

I'm in the process of picking my main for WoD and, to me at least, the off-healing capabilities are one of the major draws of elemental.

Numbers haven't been balanced yet. So what it is currently means nothing once the numbers are finally adjusted.

Right now they are testing mechanics of spells and rotation.

• Like 1

At the moment healing stream is insignificant, but AG still heals a little. It feels about half as strong as an ele HTT right now. I haven't even tried the 100 tier elemental because everyone says it does nothing in terms of damage or healing, and blizz said they haven't balanced the elemental at all.

• Like 1

People weren't psyched on the halfsy class heal CDs throughout MoP. I liked them, but I can see why they want to get back to purity as far as raid roles go. Current healing stream tics are like .5% of max HP, and that's not likely to change.

We still have some form of clearcasting though, so you will be able to sneak in a key healing surge now and then. Even if it is just to save yourself from fire that came out of no where.

• Like 1

Thanks again Kitsu. I've recently been lucky enough to get a beta access key, so I've been able to do some testing on my own.

Sure enough, it seems healing stream totem is ticking for about 0.3% to 0.5% of max health, and though it does seem to be able to multistrike, the amount remains discouraging.

However, I've found that Healing Rain is ticking for higher than I expected. Great as that may be, the removal of the ability of elemental shamans to Unleash life to boost Healing Rain (By swapping weapons with different imbues), probably makes it even out.

There is no getting around it though, the loss of Healing Tide Totem is a huge hit. Furthermore, I personally don't really see Ancestral Guidance, with its reliance on the shaman's ability to stand still and nuke during periods of high damage, to be very reliable, especially with the plethora of ground effects employed in recent raid design.

I'm looking forward to getting my addons working, or at least just Recount/Skada, so I can measure the benefit of the new Storm Elemental Totem.