FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tamer

Low DPS Repatriation - ilvl 577

Dear Gentlemen,

i have a character repatriation paladin level 90 at Realm chamber of aspects name ( Titô ) and my iLvl = 577 and i got epic HC gear but my dps is too low around 200k in recount at MoP dummy .... i asked all said should be around 375-425k.

my rotation is :

1- Crusader Strike

2- Judgment

3- Exorcism 

4- Templar's Verdict

5- Hammer of Wrath 

6- And Inquisition up and Execution Sentence up.

And I use Clc Retri. Addon.

whats your advice guys ? unsure.png 

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/chamber-of-aspects/Tit%C3%B4/simple

First of all, do not compare dummy numbers with fully buffed sims, that you find on the net. You'll never reach that on a dummy unless you gather every single buff you'll have come raid time.

In my experience, dummy dps is significantly lower than 'real' dps (as in raid dps), so don't be too concerned with it. Your #1 should be Inquisition - check the rotation guide on this site under the Classes section for full details (also some conditions on when to apply TV)

But if you upload some real raid logs, I'm sure the awesome rets in here will take a look smile.png

Exactly what Loth said. The numbers presented on a target dummy will never reach the numbers of a fully buffed raid environment. If you could upload some parses through WarcraftLogs, we can give a lot better advice on what we feel may be lowering your DPS. 

FYI your pallies raid experience is very impressive. 

Good morning! While having logs will help us a lot on finding mistakes in rotation, there are a few noticeable changes that could be made to your gems/enchants/reforges. I noticed on your armory that it seems you are using a few pieces of gear from your Prot set. While normally these would be fine (provided they are itemized correctly) the enchants on them do not cross over well for Ret. I will outline the changes I believe that would help.

Change your leg enchant to the str crit one

Use your leatherworking strength bracer enhcant

Change your enchant on your gloves to the strength one

For the blue sockets on your weapon, shoulders and legs use the haste hit gem

For the red sockets on your gloves and second ring change the gems to strength haste

For the red sockets on your belt and legs use the haste exp gem

On your cloak change the reforge to Crit>hit

remove the reforges on your belt and legs

This should bring your stats better aligned.

Edited by Bitshinbetty

Betty, when did you get here?

To add on to what he said though, the reason he's telling you to change these gems, is because you're at 54% haste, which is well over the 50% threshold. And you shouldn't be (at the very least) reforging out of mastery if you're going haste > mastery build because, well, you're relying on mastery.

• Like 1

Oh I've always been around, just normally don't comment much. Usually by the time I find a thread that needs attention you have already answered and given great advice.

The armory page is currently showing prot gear so can't comment on that.

Your DPS is definitely far below what I would expect for someone with ilvl 577 or possibly even higher now.

AMonkey mentioned your damage breakdown which I took to mean the ranking of your abilities based on the damage dealt in total by each ability for a given fight, I'd agree with his suggestion that you're probably not using the recommended priority.

Valuable information on playing and optimising a Ret Paladin an be found in these guides:

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/retribution-paladin-pve-dps-guide

http://forums.elitistjerks.com/page/articles.html/_/world-of-warcraft/paladin/ret-54-mop-retribution-concordance-retcon-r85

CLCRet should be used as a quality of life improvement in terms of giving you easy access to important information regarding cooldowns and procs, however it does not replace knowing how to play the class. I imagine that the default rotation detailed in CLCRet on a fresh download is somewhat gibberish and should be updated to a rotation given by one of the guides above. To get started I'd recommend turning off CLCRet as AMonkey suggested and learning the class barebones on a targetdummy. Once you have an understanding and familiarity with the suggested playstyle I see no reason not to enable CLCRet to make life a bit easier. Some people say CLCRet shouldn't be used at all but personally I love it and only agree that it shouldn't be used as a tool that is followed 100% with complete disregard to the requirements of the situation.

I will say this because no one has said it yet, your raid awareness is below par for the content you're doing. Dying to simple normal mode mechanics is a mistake you shouldn't make this far into the expansion. In fact in the first 3 fights I looked at, you died to easily avoidable or negated damage. 

Secondly, you seem to either just afk, or not know how to properly work your rotation. Compare the damage you did on galakras in the raid you linked, with mine when I was 578 http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/compare/agAhptrRPBXzb8VJ/b9GWkQgyJjXHLdmr#type=damage-done&source=26,5&fight=8,2

I did over double your damage, on top of that you hardly cleaved in a very cleave friendly fight. Now idk what it is you're doing wrong, but I'm sure it has to do with you are doing one of two things: clicking, and not being able to find your skills quickly enough, or not knowing how to properly play a ret paladin. Which is fine because we are here to help you, language is a small barrier. But we need to know how you play, we need to know keybinds, your UI set up, what addons you use to help you track things (CLC Ret doesn't count. it is an introductory addon and shouldn't be used at this level of raiding, in my personal opinion)

Hey Conquest if you don't mind could you elaborate on why you think CLCRet is not suitable for high level raiding? I've never done progression raiding as a Ret paladin though I do use it in my PuGs and such if I'm not tanking and pull numbers above the average PuGer. I imagine I'll agree with most of what you have to say and then say how I use it differently from that but I'm waiting to go the shops so for now I'll just post the question.

It's perfectly satisfactory if you set it up correctly but we purists scoff at the peasants who rely on it.

That, and it doesn't adapt to the various different types of mechanics encountered in SoO.

Edited by AMonkeyCourier

Because CLCRet is more of a training Addon than a raiding addon, yes it's a very good one, yes it is easily customized. No it can't give you what pure instinct does and that's where it falls, most people who use CLCRet use it and follow it to the T, leading to numbers that are not as good as they truly could be doing.

I would consider myself as a 'responsible user'  where my knowledge of the encounters and my priorities means I can sensibly disregard CLCRet when required. For the most part I'm just comfortable with the way it feeds me information and don't feel the need to move over to setting up a bunch of WeakAuras that I would need to track everything I would have to.

• Like 1

Oh I know people like you are, but the problem is people rely on it too much. And they shouldn't. I used it until I learned my rotation then dropped it like a sack of bricks.

• Like 1

Ok. I just looked at your Malkorok log and, well. How do I put this?

You were using abilities at random. There was no logic at all to your actions and you need to start from scratch learning how to play WoW, not just ret paladin.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/retribution-paladin-pve-dps-guide

Read that entire thing and put it into practice. STOP using CLCret or else ret will forever be a weird game of Guitar Hero to you and you'll never get a true understanding of the class.

When you've got the basics of your priorities down and have some logs of you executing it reasonably well, I can give more advice about timings and how to play around fight mechanics like on Garrosh.

Edited by AMonkeyCourier

Ahhm ... are your sure this guy isn't joking? I didn't read all the replies first time and thought he was just fooling around with some bad logs done consciously.

Titô has SoO HC clear - more than once! I think he knows how to play his pally huh.png

Ahhm ... are your sure this guy isn't joking? I didn't read all the replies first time and thought he was just fooling around with some bad logs done consciously.

Titô has SoO HC clear - more than once! I think he knows how to play his pally huh.png

I too was thinking the same thing. My early reply ended with "your pallies raid experience is very impressive". 

Doing some digging, all his alts are on Burning Legion and all are horde with his main (Alliance Paladin) on EU-Chamber of Aspects. With 3 posts, zero replies, and multiple heroic MoP clears of all tiers, I'm assuming this guy is just trolling us.

Also, with further research his Wow-Heroes seems off.. maybe a name change? http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/eu/Chamber%20of%20Aspects/Tit%C3%B4/ 

I suggest we hold off on any more guidance until his next post. 

The 'repatriation' gave it away? smile.png

I dunno, man. Maybe he was recently repatriated from a...

Nevermind.

Hell, I'm sure my guild would love to repatriate me for another warlock.

Edited by AMonkeyCourier