FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lubisity

[Frost] Need help with my mage break points and other stats

Hello Icy Veins community, I would first of like to thank all of you and subscribers that have posted on the mage forums. For it has helped me tremendously. I have a Goblin frost mage ilvl 569. I have been struggling with the break points for haste build. Here is my Ask Mr. Robot link http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/sen'jin/lubisity. I have read some things that say after 14242 haste stack mastery? Just curious if you all could shed a little light on my dark mage world.  Also, I can usaually pull around 260k-300k depending on if i time the procs correctly with CDs. I'm not miserably unhappy with my dps but I know I could squeeze a littte more out.  

Thanks in advance,

Lubisity

Hello Lubisity,

Sadly we can not assist you with anything unless you can provide some combat logs :)
Tweaking stats around isn't going to benefit you at all if you don't use Living Bomb at all for example

Cheers
Berlinia

Ok I would love to provide battle logs but I do not know how to do so. If you wouldnt mind shedding a little light on how to do so please do. 

thanks,

Lubisity

There is a stickied thread by a baddie mage (just kidding) durrtygoodz on this forum!
He describes there the process of uploading logs.

Here is the stats from the Hellscream kill we had. I have found that the break point for haste is 14242 on frost mages. Whether this is correct or not different story. and I plainly see that I need living bomb up more. 

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6o6cuuejgbo7zhwb/details/9/?s=5723&e=6236

And this is from wiping the other night on Hellscream

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6wkc6g52dtxuhdao/details/8/?s=1380&e=1643

thanks for your help, 

Lubisity

I'm sure you need more but I this is the fight we mainly concerned on. i am switching to kill the weapons in the strat we use and I know I can do more damage.  

Edited by Lubisity

Can't look at logs because im too tired but 14242 is the "soft cap" not a breakpoint. It's where the gcd caps at 1.0 seconds.

The updated SimCraft recently confirmed what I thought back in March, that 15832 is actually the optimal haste point for frost. Mastery only over takes haste at ~15.6k haste so we may as well go for 15832 NT break point.