FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sietod

[Ret] Log analysis/Why is my haste so low?

First here is the log:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/p9e32mcx3pmaeh0u/dashboard/?s=3876&e=4119

Second is the armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Braylinda/advanced

33% haste is 7% under the magic point I seem to read about, but I can't seem to figure out how to get closer to it, is it just my lack of gear for now? Is Flex/Norm Thok trinket going to make that huge of a difference?

Also with my T16-4PC I can't find a good answer for talents. It seems like DP would be amazing, as it procs from the free DS, but does that just gum up the rotation? Is SW still the better choice?

Help! Confusions here!

EDIT: I've been using AMR default weights to calculate...should I manually adjust haste a little higher?

Edited by Sietod

is it just my lack of gear for now?

Yes. Your setup is flawless as far as I can tell. I don't know exactly at which item level you could expect to be able to reach 40 and 50% haste, but I'm pretty sure it's well into heroic geared.

Editing the weights won't do you much good. A sim on you provides roughly the same weights as the default AMR profile.

Haste is always comes down to gear/gemming/enchanting.

You have Prot T16 Legs which is dodge/mastery, you'd at least want Ret T16 or preferably the triple socket Legs from Garrosh.

Your bracers are crit/mastery and would be better replaced by the bracers from Immerseus with hit/haste.

You can swap out some of your current enchants for haste enchants.

Personally I gem for straight haste and ignore set bonuses but I don't know if that's optimal.

An upgraded Thok's Tail Tip won't make a huge difference but every percent helps.

As far as DP vs SW, I follow the table that is sticked on this forum https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/5271-retribution-soo-knowing-which-tier-5-talent-to-use/

It shows which talent is most likely more effective depending on the fight and your trinkets etc.

The general approach is SW on largely single target fights (most of them), and DP on fights that tend to have long add phases.

Everything else looks good to me and I'll look at the log a bit later.

Good morning, I have a few other things to add that would help. Reaching 40% haste is relatively easy if you have the right gear. Boltt listed out the majority of the itemization upgrades that will help you reach that 40% threshold but there are a few more pieces that I like a lot. There are boots from Shamans that are Crit/Haste, a ring from Spoils that is Crit/Haste and a ring from Siegecrafter that is Exp/Haste. Once you can get the gear changes covered you'll have more than enough haste to reach 40% and then you can start using mastery gems! That's when it gets fun!

I wouldn't change any enchants unless you can get to 40% haste (17000 Rating)

Feel free to message me if you have any other questions.

Edit: Also, WOL is so outdated and seems to have been abandoned by its dev team. You should check out warcraftlogs.com, its pretty amazing.

Edited by Bitshinbetty

I will add this, don't use pursuit of justice, you'll be spending your HP too quickly for it to make a difference, and unless you're doing spoils, galakras, cleave strat on Protectors, or Heroic Immerseus, you shouldn't use Divine Purpose (DP) instead use SW (Sanctified Wrath) as it synergizes perfectly with EEoG, I'd also suggest glyph of Divine Protection or Hand of Sac, instead of Divine Storm glyph

I will add this, don't use pursuit of justice, you'll be spending your HP too quickly for it to make a difference, and unless you're doing spoils, galakras, cleave strat on Protectors, or Heroic Immerseus, you shouldn't use Divine Purpose (DP) instead use SW (Sanctified Wrath) as it synergizes perfectly with EEoG, I'd also suggest glyph of Divine Protection or Hand of Sac, instead of Divine Storm glyph

I was using DS glyph just for the 4set bonus, seems to proc all the time. But I will give Hand or DP a shot, thanks.

While DS glyph is nice, given the current situation of healing, it's not much use. Also DP is better for when you have to soak things or just generally want less damage taken. and Hand is for making your healers job much easier. In short, DS glyph is too dependent compared to the other 2 glyphs.

• Like 1