FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vexxsus

LF Help with macro

Hey new here. If anyone has the time or a link..im looking for a combo builder macro for assassination...lvl 85 atm..if anyone can help with that or link me to a site that be good.ty

A combo builder macro... alright I'll take a guess.

This macro will cast Dispatch when you have a Blindside proc, and it will cast Mutilate when you don't.

#showtooltip Dispatch

/startattack

/castsequence reset=0.2 1, Mutilate;

/castsequence reset=0.2 Dispatch;

This builds combo points.

If you mean something else, try rewording your request.

A combo builder macro... alright I'll take a guess.

This macro will cast Dispatch when you have a Blindside proc, and it will cast Mutilate when you don't.

#showtooltip Dispatch

/startattack

/castsequence reset=0.2 1, Mutilate;

/castsequence reset=0.2 Dispatch;

This builds combo points.

If you mean something else, try rewording your request.

sweet thanx..also one question will this cast dispatch when they are at the % of HP i can use dispatch also? or will mute cast over that?

I mis-worded the explanation. This macro will cast Dispatch whenever it is available to cast; either through a Blindside proc OR the target bring in the proper health range.

Could you explain how each command works? Kinda interested in maybe doing this for other classes as well. I thought something like this didn't exist. 

I can't take credit for the macro myself, but this is how it seems to work.

The macro will attempt to cast Dispatch then Mutilate in rapid succession. If Dispatch successfully casts, it will trigger the GCD and the Mutilate cast will fail. If the Dispatch cast fails, just the Mutilate cast will go off, triggering the GCD.

What is really interesting is the "reset" command. I think it is necessary to return the order of casts back to the original order (Dispatch then Mutilate). It will do this after 0.2 seconds. The defining of the order of casts appears to be controlled by putting the "1, " in front of the Mutilate, indicating that it will always go second.

I've attempted to recreate this macro under different conditions and with different classes without success. I'm not sure why this works particularly in this circumstance, and I don't know enough about coding to really explain what's happening when the macro runs. These are just my observations.

Update!

I did have some success with Elemental Shaman:

/castsequence reset=0.2 1, Lightning Bolt
/castsequence reset=0.2 Lava Burst

I found out that another key component is that the macro is reliant on multiple button presses. I didn't notice it before because as a rogue, I spam the buttons out of habit. The macro attempted to cast Lava Burst, and when it couldn't, the macro stopped. When I pressed the button again, -then- it cast Lightning Bolt. Since the reset is set at 0.2, in order to cast Lightning Bolt with this macro, Lava Burst must be unavailable -and- you must press the button twice in under 0.2 seconds.

I also tested the order of the lines, i.e.:

/castsequence reset=0.2 Lava Burst
/castsequence reset=0.2 1, Lightning Bolt

This makes the macro not work. Weird.

The 1, seems to be using your head slot...(As per getting rid of the explicit tooltip)

Still don't understand why the 1 is there though =/

edit: thinking about it now, i think the '1' is there to force it to go to the next line of code, while it also switches the cast sequence for the next button press.  Maybe?

If it requires 2 button presses not sure if making 2 separate buttons would make it more efficient to use or not.