FORUMS
Andriokz

Help with stat priority (BM)

I am a little confused as to which stats to prioritze since there seems to be different ways of doing it for BM. 

I always used AskMrRobot for doing my gems/reforges but the current stat priority (Haste>Mastery>Crit) listed on Icy Veins isn't on the selection for reforging. Should I change it to custom weights or is this no longer the best stat priority? 

The hunter is 549 ilvl with T4 set + Assurance/Totem if that needs to be asked.

Thanks guys :)

A good general stat priority after you have the legendary meta gem (and even more so with the legendary cloak) is Haste>Mastery>Crit.  And yes, you will have to enter custom weights.  You can either normalize the weights to be:

MH DPS: 0.51

Agi: 1

Exp/Hit: 1

Haste: 0.47

Mastery: 0.45

Crit: 0.41

AP: 0.34

Or you can just edit the weights so that crit is 2.2 and mastery is the same (2.4).  Either will achieve roughly the same output, and the only difference will be that the score is higher when you don't normalize the weights.  

I recommend getting ReforgeLIte.

You can simply just imput Haste > Mastery > Crit in the options and it will reforge everything for you. You can do the same with basically any class. It makes everything simple, the only thing you can't do is get specific haste breakpoints, because for some reason it only lets you put breakpoints for two stats. And considering we want those to be hit and expertise. We can't exactly do that with ReforgeLite, but since it's not a big deal for BM, especially at your ilvl. Once you get up to 40% ish haste, you'll want to go into mastery instead. Haste loses value at about that point.

Edited by Niix

I recommend getting ReforgeLIte.

You can simply just imput Haste > Mastery > Crit in the options and it will reforge everything for you. You can do the same with basically any class. It makes everything simple, the only thing you can't do is get specific haste breakpoints, because for some reason it only lets you put breakpoints for two stats. And considering we want those to be hit and expertise. We can't exactly do that with ReforgeLite, but since it's not a big deal for BM, especially at your ilvl. Once you get up to 40% ish haste, you'll want to go into mastery instead. Haste loses value at about that point.

The thing is reforge lite can't help you with your gems, where most of the time your haste / mastery is coming from to help get the threshold you want.  Once Mr. Robot did their most recent update, I haven't had a problem with them as long as you use some proper weights.

Hell, Wov was doing some really weird gemming build on this paladin last week, and I sat on Mr. Robot for a while trying to get it to do his exact gemming idea (which I got in the end).  It was pretty interesting.  If he had some sort of haste breakpoint to reach, I'm sure it could have found an optimal way to mix mastery / haste to get the most stats.

The thing is reforge lite can't help you with your gems, where most of the time your haste / mastery is coming from to help get the threshold you want.  Once Mr. Robot did their most recent update, I haven't had a problem with them as long as you use some proper weights.

Hell, Wov was doing some really weird gemming build on this paladin last week, and I sat on Mr. Robot for a while trying to get it to do his exact gemming idea (which I got in the end).  It was pretty interesting.  If he had some sort of haste breakpoint to reach, I'm sure it could have found an optimal way to mix mastery / haste to get the most stats.

The only thing with hunters is that we don't have breakpoints to worry about. We just want as much of a stat as possible.

You don't stop going for haste at 40% btw, no theorycrafting supports that in the grand scheme of things unless you're 1) Troll and 2) Herbalism-proffed.

^ Didn't take any of that into account. I didn't even realize Herbalism was good for BM. Interesting.

^ Didn't take any of that into account. I didn't even realize Herbalism was good for BM. Interesting.

I use it.

Only "worth" it if you're troll, and even then it's only a 0.5% dps increase or so.

I use it.

Only "worth" it if you're troll, and even then it's only a 0.5% dps increase or so.

Yeah I noticed that, interesting. 

Just to clarify, you should go crit>haste>mastery until you get your legendary meta & cloak. Then (like what's already been answered in the thread), it's haste>mastery>crit. The stat weights are close, so (depending on your gear), you're likely to reforge some things for crit and make the percentages on your character stats very close.

Just to clarify, you should go crit>haste>mastery until you get your legendary meta & cloak. Then (like what's already been answered in the thread), it's haste>mastery>crit. The stat weights are close, so (depending on your gear), you're likely to reforge some things for crit and make the percentages on your character stats very close.

Not really (on the last part)

It's Haste > Mastery > Crit all the way, nothing suggests that you wanna "balance" Mastery/Crit or anything else for that matter.