FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Anyone into running here?

Running is something I feel is more of a fun hobby for myself. After my 13.1k this Sunday, I plan on focusing more on the weights again and doing more HIIT. I really enjoy the lower mileage runs (6-12k) with higher heart rate instead of the long, grueling and time consuming runs.

However, I give mad props to those who do it. It really is an accomplishment and well deserving to anyone that finishes those races.

I'd go biking if I could, but we live in the middle of Paris, which severely limits the places I can go to tongue.png

Wanted to send you all an update. I ran the Kansas City Broadway Bridge Half Marathon yesterday and finished 1:52:32. While I was unable to break my 1:50:00 goal, I was still very much satisfied with my results. My training was far below what I wanted due to the high heat we saw in my city. The course was also very grueling with very steep hills to break the tempo. 

I hope everyone else's training is going well and let us know the results!

Wanted to send you all an update. I ran the Kansas City Broadway Bridge Half Marathon yesterday and finished 1:52:32. While I was unable to break my 1:50:00 goal, I was still very much satisfied with my results. My training was far below what I wanted due to the high heat we saw in my city. The course was also very grueling with very steep hills to break the tempo. 

I hope everyone else's training is going well and let us know the results!

That's pretty good! That's still like 5:20m/km

On the running front, I have purchased The Art Of Running Faster from Julian Goater, a former world-class runner from the UK (late 70s - early 80s). It is an amazing book and I think it is definitely going to help me break the 40-minute barrier in the 10K and hopefully the 1h30 barrier in the HM tongue.png

• Like 1

Nice! That's a long ride.

That's pretty good! That's still like 5:20m/km

Thanks Damien! I had very poor training too so I was very happy. My PR for 10k is 46:26, so I'm hoping to sustain that for an entire HM eventually. 

Nice! That's a long ride.

Thanks Damien! I had very poor training too so I was very happy. My PR for 10k is 46:26, so I'm hoping to sustain that for an entire HM eventually.

I can empathize with that. I'm also trying to sustain 4:30/km, which is close to my 10k PR (43:10, before I broke my leg last year). I have a strong week of training ahead, all inspired by that book I'm reading. I'm going to correct a lot of things regarding my running technique, and that alone, I think, is going to allow me to gain quite a few seconds per km.

• Like 1

So, I've just finished the Half-Marathon I have been training for. My target time was 1h35'00 and I did 1h35'29. I was almost there, but we spent 2 kilometers in a tunnel where I had no information about my speed, so I lost some time there and never managed to get it back, but I'm still happy.