FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Welfarebob

Frost DK Question

Hello, I am brand new to pvp and I do not understand these things to use via in game.  I looked at this website and I like what I see so far.. Can someone tell me the best way to be able to kill a player in the game quick? I am full prideful gear and I am a tauren you can check out my gear

With rotations and gems etc.. I am a tauren btw.  P.S I am brand new here.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Welfarebob/simple

For gear: You need the Prideful weapon, since your attacks does % weapon damage.

Normally the priority for gear goes: Leggings/Chest/Head(2250 Piece) -> Badge(On use trinket) -> Weapon -> Get 4-set Bonus -> Off-set -> CC-Break.

For burst:

1. Use a "Pillar of Frost"+"Badge" - Massive Strength gain

2. Outbreak or Unholy Blight - Apply diseases since Obliterate does more damage when your diseases are applied to the target.

3. Obliterate (2 or 3 times) - Hits like a truck if you have Killing Machine procs

4. Howling Blast (Procs from Obliterate)

5. Frost Strike - Maybe get a proc from Runic Empowerment for another Obliterate.

If you want to extend this burst, you can use Empower Rune Weapon (5 minute cooldown) and spam Obliterates again (or Necrotic Strike)

If the target gets below 35% you can go for the kill with Soul Reaper, and keep his hp below 35% by using Necrotic Strike and stunning the healer.

Edited by Archimage

I beg to differ on the gear priority in one point: The CC breaking insignia is the most important part of gear you can have as a PvP player (except as a human, they have their racial). Especially in arena, without an insignia, you are pretty much cat food for any semi-serious player. So buy an insignia with honor if you don't have one already, and use it (This will also allow you to break out of peeling situations, where a player in the arena hits you with a CC to reduce your pressure on the opponent).

I can't give you class-specific advice, but you need to figure out how to use every spell you have in certain situations. For example, you might be missing a defensive cooldown or some important detail of your "rotation". It is also important that you don't click your spells, as the amount of time you spend on moving your mouse can lose you a lot of games. So try to assign your skills to keybinds if you don't have that already.

Without seeing you play, I can't give you more specific tips, but getting better as a PvP player goes far beyond the right "rotation" and being able to kill players fast. You should know your CC and defensive abilities at a minimum, and react quickly to the opponent's actions. Knowing all the other classes is mandatory to become an excellent player, but that should not be everyone's goal.

I beg to differ on the gear priority in one point: The CC breaking insignia is the most important part of gear you can have as a PvP player (except as a human, they have their racial). Especially in arena, without an insignia, you are pretty much cat food for any semi-serious player. So buy an insignia with honor if you don't have one already, and use it (This will also allow you to break out of peeling situations, where a player in the arena hits you with a CC to reduce your pressure on the opponent).

or let someone with inscription craft you the trinket, the above gear priority is for when you are using Conquest to buy BiS gear. Most PvP players keep their old Medallion from the previous session since it does the exact same thing.

inv_jewelry_trinket_04.jpgCrafted Malevolent Gladiator's Medallion of Tenacity

If you are having trouble surviving, you can use Icebound Fortitude and go into Blood Presence.

Edited by Archimage

or let someone with inscription craft you the trinket, the above gear priority is for when you are using Conquest to buy BiS gear. Most PvP players keep their old Medallion from the previous session since it does the exact same thing.

inv_jewelry_trinket_04.jpgCrafted Malevolent Gladiator's Medallion of Tenacity

Well, this assumes that an insignia was bought with the honor gear, which doesn't look like it according Welfarebob's armory. So that changes the gearing order. 

I'd just buy it with honor instead of crafting it, but the latter is fine as well. :)

Actually as a DK we don't take the freedom trinket considering we have 3 baseline freedoms. We have IBF which removes stuns and grants immunity to stuns for the duration. We have Desecrated Ground which is an actual trinket. And we also have Lichborne which is a fear, sap, and charm freedom. You could technically count Pillar as an immunity as well since it prevents knockbacks, but obviously you aren't going to use that as a defensive. The biggest issue with DKs are that we're easily kited since we have no counter to slows or snares, but you aren't going to be using a trinket on those anyways. You can look at any high rated DK and you'll see that they run double DPS trinks, the on-use and proc.

Edited by Cupidx
  • Like 1

Actually as a DK we don't take the freedom trinket considering we have 3 baseline freedoms. We have IBF which removes stuns and grants immunity to stuns for the duration. We have Desecrated Ground which is an actual trinket. And we also have Lichborne which is a fear, sap, and charm freedom. You could technically count Pillar as an immunity as well since it prevents knockbacks, but obviously you aren't going to use that as a defensive. The biggest issue with DKs are that we're easily kited since we have no counter to slows or snares, but you aren't going to be using a trinket on those anyways. You can look at any high rated DK and you'll see that they run double DPS trinks, the on-use and proc.

Excellent remark, hadn't considered that.

So, what would you recommend.. I have purchased a new prideful trinket and i am now fully prideful gear 550 ilvl and I am a tauren should I do a racial change for an orc??? Or would it not matter?

Also I have the two swords that I use for my pvp but I just honestly suck at pvp and I would like to know what I should do.. Thanks

IBF =  spell_deathknight_iceboundfortitude.jpgIcebound Fortitude

It is only a DPS increase when you are playing against a classes that can stun you while you are trying to DPS, for the rest of the time, it a Defensive Cooldown.

You should try to have a Prideful 2-Handed weapon when you PvP. Obliterate does more damage due to inv_sword_120.jpgMight of the Frozen Wastes. Its also a good weapon for when you want to switch to Unholy.

ability_warrior_endlessrage.jpgPrideful Gladiator's Emblem of Cruelty is normally only used by Healers to survive a burst. Try to replace it with spell_holy_championsbond.jpgPrideful Gladiator's Badge of Victory since it will help you to burst.

• Like 1