FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Brackenspore

Guest Break

Do pets stay on boss for flamethrowers?  Would a BM Hunter be able to keep some DPS going while still using a flamethrower?

The main image of the article is wrong. It's Imperator Mar'gok image.

Thanks, we're fixing this :)

Guest Lecok - Magtheridon

This boss has a 10 min enrage timer as we've experienced last night.

DBM doesn't have implemented this timer, but we found out the hard way after we reached this stage and wiped at 10 min and 33 sec and 10 min and 20 sec, we presume it has a hard enrage at 10 min mark.

Guest Wildeabandon

Is it really best to do the tank swap after Necrotic Breath?  Wouldn't it be better to do it just beforehand, so the tank soaking the breath doesn't have any stacks of Rot?

Guest NuncaSerao

You should never overheat your weapon in this fight now. It just takes way longer for the weapon to cooldown and the moss will overwhelm you.

Guest John

There is a downside to letting the flamethrower overheat. The heat meter slowly decreases over time if you're not using the flamethrower. If you let it overheat you have 10 sec where it is not cooling down. You will get overrun with moss if you keep overheating. I also recommend a macro. You have to click the button once to use the flamethrower and again to turn it off. A macro key bound /click extra action button 1 works well.

Is it really best to do the tank swap after Necrotic Breath?  Wouldn't it be better to do it just beforehand, so the tank soaking the breath doesn't have any stacks of Rot?

The reason we recommend this is that if you keep tanking after Necrotic Breath, the next melee hit can kill the tank that took the breath (who wasn't receiving healing).

You should never overheat your weapon in this fight now. It just takes way longer for the weapon to cooldown and the moss will overwhelm you.

There is a downside to letting the flamethrower overheat. The heat meter slowly decreases over time if you're not using the flamethrower. If you let it overheat you have 10 sec where it is not cooling down. You will get overrun with moss if you keep overheating. I also recommend a macro. You have to click the button once to use the flamethrower and again to turn it off. A macro key bound /click extra action button 1 works well.

Thanks, I'm going to update this part of the guide right now.

• Using a flamethrower on this boss is a privilege, and something DPS players should compete for. On our progress kill of HC Brockenspore top1 and top3 DPSers were the ones with flamethrowers. 

Correct usage of the flamethrower will considerably increase DPS. To achieve that, DPS players have to burn a lot of the moss in a single burst while using a movement speed boost, then use DPS cooldowns and deal damage to the boss. 

For players without native movement speed boosts, Potion of Speed and engineer's Nitro Boosts are an option. Even though they share cooldown with agility/strength/intellect potions, burning multiple moss stacks is more important. 

If you overheat the flamethrower, and you're getting surrounded by the moss, you can do a desperate thing: if you die and then another player (or you after you have been battle rezzed) picks up the flamethrower, it will no longer be overheated. But it's better to just not let that happen. 

Guest Phorbox

"Aside from these two new mechanics, none of the Normal/Heroic mode abilities are different at all, aside from dealing more damage." In the mythic section is redundant phrasing with the two asides =P

Guest Vinda

Hi, i have a question concerning the benefitial mushrooms. do the positive effects only appear during 100% health? oder from 100% until they are dead?

i hope you understand what i mean, i'm not a native english-speaker

Vinda

I recorded our second Brackenspore 20H kill, with me and another hunter assigned to Flamethrower duty. 

The video includes the whole fight, along with some textual advice on using the Flamethrower at 2:30. 

"Aside from these two new mechanics, none of the Normal/Heroic mode abilities are different at all, aside from dealing more damage." In the mythic section is redundant phrasing with the two asides =P

Thanks. I'm editing that now :)

Hi, i have a question concerning the benefitial mushrooms. do the positive effects only appear during 100% health? oder from 100% until they are dead?

i hope you understand what i mean, i'm not a native english-speaker

thanks smile.png

Vinda

The positive effects only appear while the Mushroom is at 100%, yes.

Guest Iraviene -ER US

Flame thrower is usable in druid's travel form.  I take thrower as resto druid, burst healing all of the mushrooms & tanks when needed. the healing buff is very noticeable.

Guest Disc

The positive effects only appear while the Mushroom is at 100%, yes.

No- in my opinion, the positive effect of the mushrooms remains -once they are activated by getting them to 100% - until they die! Isnt that correct?

Besides: I would like to know if the mushrooms can be shielded? My Impression is that the green one can be shielded while the blue one cannot. Wouldnt make too much sense -still it's what my impression was on Brackenspore HC.