FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Xarlock

Need Some Advice - Destro vs H Spoils

The armory link for my character is as follows: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dawnbringer/Xarlock/simple

The combat log I am concerned about is as follows: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dQAt8GP2NHgVMr6C#source=10&boss=1594&wipes=1

(please note the other warlock started on the mogu side and this data was logged by the shadow priest on the mantid side)

I have been attempting to follow the rotation guide set out for a destro lock.  I do believe I am not optimizing the useage of my embers (I will at points but lose focus at times).  I currently do not use mouseover macros for shadowburn in particular and realize the dps output from shadowburn should be higher.

I am wondering upon review if anyone else sees anything important to note that would help increase the dps output.

I appreciate any and all help

Thanking you in advnce

X

Spoils is not your ordinary destro fight andheavily depends on how your tank opens crates. 

Some points which can improve your dps:

You have KTT equipped, please consider taking Grimoire of Sacrifice, since your demons won´t trigger the multistrike proc.

Try to get your Immolate on everything that lives for imo 4 ticks or like 10 seconds.

When adds get stacked, use Rain of Fire.

Snipe adds with Shadowburn to build up embers fast and get out chaos bolts en masse. It can be difficult to not cap embers but please make sure you don´t starve yourself. USe havoc to spread either Chaos Bolts or Shadowburns.

Use your CD´s. 1 use of DS in an almost 9 minutes fight?

Your Doomguard was also pretty late and just got half of its casts.

PS. Please try to activate Advanced Logging for your next log to enable us to watch your Ember usage better. You can find it imo in WoW under Settings ->Network

Edited by check0790
  • Like 1

I also have the normal version of BBoY available to equip.  Would that be a better option?  AMR indicates it is on an absolute comparison but on a relative comparison it is not.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Trinket decision wise, not going to make or break you.

Spoils is all about dominating the sparks so that your teammates can kill shit faster.  Youl should be using Chaos Bolt on sparks and one shotting them (or finishing with a Shadowburn) and using Shadowburn on anything that you can.  Other than that, you have the best snap damage for new adds - so utilize it, but always prioritize sparks.  By keeping your teammates off of sparks, you're essentially boosting your raid's DPS by taking on a role meant for more than 1 but taking care of it by yourself.  It doesn't show up in Skada/Recount, but you're doing more by helping your group than you could on any individual level.

PS. Please try to activate Advanced Logging for your next log to enable us to watch your Ember usage better. You can find it imo in WoW under Settings ->Network

Advanced logging was activated, I believe. Is this what you need:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dQAt8GP2NHgVMr6C#fight=20&graph=true&type=resources&source=10&spell=114

Ok, the provided logs don´t show Burning Embers, see here: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dQAt8GP2NHgVMr6C#source=10&boss=1594&wipes=1&type=resources&spell=114

Your link has advanced logging active, seems like a bug. 

Yup, my bad. Didn´t catch my eyes.

OK, now with data for embers you can see for yourself, that Xarlock capped on embers for almost a minute. Even that minute being a heavy movement one, you always have Shadowburn as instant plus havoc and multiple adds to snipe ;)

Thanks for the review.  I have adjusted a few things in my game play....mouseover havoc macro and adjusting nameplates on adds less that 20% so they are more readily sniped.  I appreciate the comment and your time in reviewing and looking forward to getting this boss down!

X