FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
flimboo

Fisrt time priest

Hi everyone,

so i just started wow and reached level 90 with my main biggrin.png.

since I still have about  2 months for WoD and am currently playing with friends (recruit a freiend) i would like to benefit from my triple XP boost and level an alt.

when i first played WOW I really wanted to play preist but some old timer in wow told me not to. he said that priest is just bad and actually he had a priest as main but then he quit playing priest.

when I searched in the internet for more information I got confusied because there are many arguments and they keep comparing to old expantions of WoW.

since I didnt play Wow before MoP, can someone please explaine to me why people are saying that priest is "Bad"?

basically I dont care about what happened before to priest. what i care about the most is, does priest have fun to play mechanics ? (I know it depends on my playstyle but sometime in other MMOs there are classes who can preforme the same role better and easier to play with)

Last thing is, how about priest dps in pvp (can they be as good as a mage)? (could not find information about this)

theres a few fights in SoO were Shadow priests really have to work hard to do mid level dps, and the only fight they excell at is toward the beginning of the raid and is a very easy fight. some groups would sub people out or take less spriests because of this. if youre not worried about progression races or end game guilds and youre confident in the spec, theyre fine.

priest is fine in pvp and can be quite dangerous on a team. theyre not going to solo weaker teams/players as easily as other classes like mage and hunter.

• Like 1

It takes more management and learning about the priest class to use it effectiviely. I consider the priest class to be one of the best spellcasting classes in the game, and I would personally prefer Disc priest as a number one healer, due to their Cds. My order of preferred healer would go Disclipine priest>Druid>Shaman. It just takes more time to learn the class to play it effectiviely, but it works great once you do.

Edited by Nuadria
  • Like 1