FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lotrix

"more dots" spec Log

Don't bother with SoC. Under 4 minutes you don't really get that many adds. If you DO get the huge waves of adds then you can SoC on the boss, and immediately Inhale before Exhaling on adds. SoC is treated as a DoT and can be Soul Swapped along with the rest of your DoTs.

Similarly, you can stand apart from the group so adds don't spawn in AoE range and you can Soul Swap DoTs to them to try and keep them alive for as long as possible :) You only cast Soul Swap: Exhale twice which highlights this issue. Can gain a lot of damage there.

Your Unstable Affliction damage was above your Agony which shouldn't really happen. You had some nice RNG during most of the fight but I think you fizzled out of procs for the last minute or so which could explain it. Still, with 579 ilvl you should be doing at least 400k on this fight, even with a shitty bloodlust right before the boss died ;)

You didn't use a single potion either.

Affliction is kind of hard (for me) to analyse because there's so much to try and note compared to Destruction/Demonology, but I feel you need to use Soul Swap a LOT more, and try to really make sure you are snapshotting Agony correctly. Done well it should be your main source of damage on every fight.

Here is his armory: Hellgrind

Pretty much what liquid said,. You also capped on shards for like 30 seconds of the whole fight, which lowers your possible haunt-uptime.

Ahh thx.

- I tend to not use potions/ flask when i out gear content. Rly 300+ k dps in flex is a overkill ^^

- Yes SoC trick is nice but we had a destro that just cleave adds I just let him get the extra dmg. Also i did not notice it deal any dmg to reflections when i put it on boss. Thx for tip.

- I mess up there a litle for sure. I forgot about Big add and i only exhale to him thats why 2 cast i think.

- hmm unstable affliction more dmg than agony ... not sure rly why? ... it could be i try to get nice empowered dots and i cast it last right outside of proc ;/

- the 400k dps mark for that boss is now set im my head ^^

I can log today new fight just pick one. IJ?

And overall other fights? I do not use Soul Burn to offten?

Also hows GoSac on 1 target fights for aff?

edit: i cap shards for 30 sec o0 or i had just good rng? Still i should not cap them ;/ Thx you point that out.

edit2: i use Drain Soul on big add... maby thats when i cap shards for so long ?

Edited by Lotrix

After reassuring information in the affli thread, it should be save to say that you´re wasting a glyph slot with the UA glyph.

If you look at #16, you are way over the haste cap for the glyph to have a real influence.

• Like 1

After reassuring information in the affli thread, it should be save to say that you´re wasting a glyph slot with the UA glyph.

If you look at #16, you are way over the haste cap for the glyph to have a real influence.

Well when i pick that glyph i thought that faster i can cast it than more of them i can snipe before trinket fall off. Even if it will cast before CGD end. UA got low duration and i put more effort to snapshot it than corruption and i sometimes rewrite my old ( more boofs but lets say 5 sec left on it ) with a new one ( few less boofs or a new BBoY/meta proc but ill get full new one )

So i wait as long as i can to get most of old UA before i snipe new weaker one IF old one is close to end ( sometimes i hate rng )

Also faster it gets on target faster it start to dmg ^^ ( i know difference could be close or nothing )

Last time i play afflictionw was .... when i had something around 8k mastery ^^ ill reconsider glyph choice.

Edited by Lotrix

The glyph does this, but your benefit from the glyph is something like 0.02 seconds, which is like having 20 ms ping added.

The glyph does this, but your benefit from the glyph is something like 0.02 seconds, which is like having 20 ms ping added.

Can you explain why its added?

I thought ping is how fast server respond to my actions. So if i finish cast faster server just send me information that i apply UA faster by casting time + ping.

I do not know how WoW connection work exacly but thats what i think.

But what other glyph i can pick anyway. I change them if i need more of X or Y. Nothing game changing.

Can you explain why its added?

I thought ping is how fast server respond to my actions. So if i finish cast faster server just send me information that i apply UA faster by casting time + ping.

I do not know how WoW connection work exacly but thats what i think.

But what other glyph i can pick anyway. I change them if i need more of X or Y. Nothing game changing.

I will try to explain it. Please correct me if I´m wrong.

Basically every spell takes up 1 second atleast. If you have a spell that has a cast time over 1 second and cancel it before 1 second passed, you still have to wait the full second aka global. In between your actions there is a delay caused by your network connection, adding an amount of time. But you can queue casts through a setting in WoW, which used in an optimal way can diminish the influence your ping has.

If you have a big % of haste, so that the spell´s cast time gets below 1 second, you still have to wait the full second. Right now with your haste level, your UA cast time is about 1.02 seconds. The glyph now lowers the cast time to ca. 0.75 seconds, but you still have to wait the global.

And this is just with your buffed haste level, every haste proc will get you way under the 1 second cast time. Other useful(mostly utility and sustainability) glyphs were already provided by Liquid wink.png

Edited by Desos

Soulstone. Healthstone. Maybe Siphon Life. Eternal or Unending Resolve. Life Tap. Curse of Elements. Curse of Exhaustion.

Yes all situational and most of time not need all at the same time. If UA glyph is as garbage as you say than ill change it.

Soulstone is with me on every fight. Well i dont have it on now ^^ i just did not notice.

Zagam i ask why that glyph adds ms. Or its because of PvP? ^,..,^

@Desos oww i get that. So every instant cast spell got a delay = my ms? when cast 1 after another? ( and all gcd cap )

Edited by Lotrix