FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nuadria

New Disc priest advice

Hello! I am planning on doing flex/10n raiding with my level 90 disc priest soon, and was wondering if anyone had any specific advice. I've already looked up the guide on icy veins for disc priest healing, but was wondering if anyone had any class specific advice. When doing lfrs, I frequently use my ability_shaman_astralshift.jpgSpirit Shell and spell_frost_windwalkon.jpgInner Focus.

• Like 1

Getting your raid groups situated to maximize Spirit Shell is always a nice bonus.  The majority of the time you do have the right idea, SS often.  Most of the fights have abilities that can be handled by proper SS usage with some practice.

As far as specific preemptive advice; I'd recommend getting WeakAuras to track your CD's.  Make sure you have some type of boss timer bars to alert you for their abilities.  Playing Disc is all about your ability to predict the damage spikes and prepare accordingly.  Do your best to be mindful of the uptimes of your Archangel.  Use it early and often, shooting for a higher than 50% uptime, there is no longer a need to hold on to it for peak dmg abilities.  Using PW Shield for Rapture is something that is also worth tracking to make sure you are not leaving mana on the table.  Use Penance offensively on CD until you start getting a better hold on the boss timers.

Other things to add if you do not find an all encompassing string you like:  PoM, L90, IF, Evangelism, and Mindbender.

When you get a chance, post a link to your toon, some of the posters here might find ways to tweak it before you get too far in.

• Like 1

I currently have Weak Auras, but I need to find out how to set up/import Discpline priest strings to track my priest Cds, heals on targets(if possible, I am inexperienced in using weak auras), buffs/debuffs. I use ability_priest_flashoflight.jpgSolace and Insanity for slight mana regenration, as well as spell_shadow_shadowfiend.jpgShadowfiend. I also make use of spell_holy_divineillumination.jpgEvangelism, ability_priest_archangel.jpgArchangel, spell_holy_penance.jpgPenance, spell_holy_prayerofhealing02.jpgPrayer of Healing, spell_holy_holysmite.jpgSmite, and spell_holy_powerwordshield.jpgPower Word: Shield.  My priest used to only be shadow-spec, so they still have some shadow-spec gear, which I will eventually be replacing. For the most part, it should be Disclipine specific gear, though.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Ysera/Glorynymph/simple

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/ysera/glorynymph

Edited by Nuadria