FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Spyte

Priest PoH tracking addons

Hey guys,

I recently became aware of Addons that could track the amount of people I cast PoH(Prayer of Healing) on.

I couldn't find one of these so called "Clusterfinder-Addons" for Blizzard Raidframes so I tried out ELVUI Raidframes together with http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/elvui_priestaoe .

For me, this addon doesn't work (only test mode does sometimes) so my question is if someone here is using it and can explain to me how to set it up.

If not, how do you keep track of your PoH (do you?)? Are there maybe addons for Blizzard's Raidframes I was too dumb to find?

I'm using a bunch of addons if this is of any interest: Auctioneer, Bagnon, DBM, Deathnote, ELVUI, Halopro, Malkorok, oqueue, Phoenixstyle, Postal, Raidslackcheck, RSA, Skada, Weakauras 2

Also, for those interested, my armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/terrordar/Spyte/simple

Kind regards

Spyte

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english, I'm not a native speaker.

Krazy is who I go to for my addon help.  I know vuhdo had a cluster built into it but was going to be outdated when WoD hits..... BUT I've been hearing that there are people who are going to pick it back up again for WoD release.  If that is the case, the built in cluster feature will be there.  Other than that, I'll send Krazy over here to get more addon help for your situations with cluster.

As far as PoH you won't need a cluster addon IMO.  Have the RL give you assist or at least let you put the groups how you want them to benefit most from PoH.  In most cases you'll have a melee target to hit (who is 99% on the boss) and the rest of the players in that group will be w/i the 30yds.  I wouldnt spend too much time casting PoH on the outlying range type people.... overrated.

INC Krazy

ElvUI with PriestAoE did work for me some months ago while I tried it out, I ultimately ended up removing them again due to limited icon customisation, but that addon did work. You need to set it up prior to use however.

VuhDo has more than one way to present clusters. You can use the cluster finder which is pretty neat since it gives a color based on the number of people you can hit, but it also comes with predefined AoE indicators for healing spells, including PoH and CoH. I'm not using VuhDo however because of the nasty memory leaks.

Grid2 also provides native support for AoE heal indicators. You should probably configure it to show the indicator at all times rather than when people are injured. Nevertheless given Grid2's customizability, this is my current raid frames and the cluster finder works splendidly, there's only one issue with it -- it doesn't work in Garrosh P4 because the map library it uses doesn't support it.

More RAM trivializes the issue, but seeing a quadruple increase in ram use from getting into the raid and 2 bosses later is just badly designed.

No other raid frames have that issue.