FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aloea

Resto Druid - Seeking Advice!!!

Hey guy's!!!

Resto Druid here!! Been playing a Drood since the start of MoP, I feel comfortable with my class and i feel as tho i'm doing a good job all round healing. I've raided with a disc priest since the start of MoP so my heals are not as strong as i think they should be.

I run with standard blizzard raid frames and i roll my face over my keyboard while healing cool.png  i use sufficient macros and CD's when needed!

I'm just looking for maybe some advice or if anything an over view on anything i may be doing wrong as i see other droods do a good job at healing! (they dont raid with discP tho!) 

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WrtDcvR49mxbfXGC/#type=healing&fight=19&source=3&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24healing%240%240.0.0.Any%24102585628.0.0.Druid%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%24774

There is a log of our best attempt on Heroic Garrosh 10M - I was going pretty good but i know i could output so much more! i feel as tho i couldn't. 

If someone could have a once over that would be great and just check to see if i could improve in anyway! 

Thanks #Ste

Heroic Garrosh is such a dumb fight for healing, there's such large down time over the majority of the fight that its hard to really tell you to do specific things. I'm going to look at your longest attempt.  In general from this log, I would like to see you use swiftmend much more in general.

Phase 1

Lets look at your healing during important parts of the fight and nothing else. This section is basically all of phase one. From the start of the fight to when you get pulled into the transition. During this small transition you used your mushroom to top everyone off during the Iron Star, good.

1RGnsLx.png

This graph shows your Wild Growth casts, with your Soul of the Forest buffs.  You only used 1 Wild Growth with Soul of the Forest, and according to this graph, your wild growth healing wasn't very good when you did use it correctly.

For this phase, try to be more consistent with Wild Growth. Use Swiftmend for each one. Try to make the most out of the 4pc by timing Wild Growth with damage / healthbars.

Transitions

Here you did not use Swiftmend at all. THIS PHASE IS THE PHASE. Use Swiftmend ON CD here and use Wild Growth for each Soul of the Forest. This is where you're going to get the most healing. Bloom only once like you did, blooming too much will take away from your Efflorescence healing.

Phase 2.1

We're going to be looking at Whirling corruption healing.

1) http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WrtDcvR49mxbfXGC/#type=healing&fight=4&graph=true&source=3&pins=0%24Main%24%238f4949%24damage%241%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24102585628.0.0.Druid%24false%24144989&phase=3&start=1743007&end=1751250 - You tranqed this one. 

2) http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WrtDcvR49mxbfXGC/#fight=4&graph=true&pins=0%24Main%24%238f4949%24damage%241%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24102585628.0.0.Druid%24false%24144989&phase=3&type=healing&source=3&start=1792518&end=1811028 - You Swiftmended once, and Wild Growth twice. You used Soul of the Forest with the first one, so thats good. You should try to keep doing it. Secondly, you should use Bloom to top everyone off during the whirling.

3) http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WrtDcvR49mxbfXGC/#fight=4&graph=true&pins=0%24Main%24%238f4949%24damage%241%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24102585628.0.0.Druid%24false%24144989&phase=3&type=healing&source=3&start=1840756&end=1856712 - Same thing, but you didn't Swiftmend.

Phase 2.2

Whirling corruptions again. Same thing with these, just use Wild Growth with swiftmend, and try to keep people topped off as much as possible.

During a whirling corruption you should use Soul of the Forest a Tranq as well to ensure survivalbility through it

To conclude: You just need more Swiftmends -> Wildgrowth.

What is kiling your team? To me it just seems like too many Whirling corruptions and adds.  Which can really only be fixed with DPS.

Something you can do is use HoTW during Bloodlust / Heroism and spam wrath to help DPS

One thing to add about resto druid and garrosh (atleast normal) fight. Resto is easily capable of killing first two engineers. Just wait until first one spawns, gets his cast bar to ~50%, then pop HoTW and nuke him. You will have HoTW for half of second engineer's cast bar, which is more than enough to kill him.

This may be a common knowledge, but I haven't read it before.. :)

Krazyito, I appreciate all the help you have given me there, I do my best to line up Swift Mend and Wild Growth together, That is my main cast to be fair, But with that boss I feel as tho I hesitate sometimes and forget about the extra cast's. I suppose its just down to getting used to it and keeping cool in situation's like that. I see myself that my HoT's are not always as active as they should be. I just need pointing in the right direction sometimes. Thanks for looking over my logs tho I am grateful smile.png

If possible, Could I show you log's for my next run also, Which will be Thursday and maybe you could shine some light on those and see if I have managed to get an improvement?

Thanks again!

#Ste

One thing to add about resto druid and garrosh (atleast normal) fight. Resto is easily capable of killing first two engineers. Just wait until first one spawns, gets his cast bar to ~50%, then pop HoTW and nuke him. You will have HoTW for half of second engineer's cast bar, which is more than enough to kill him.

This may be a common knowledge, but I haven't read it before.. smile.png

He isn't working on normal Garrosh. The engineer requires an actual DPS to kill on heroic, two if your DPS are mediocre.

• Like 1

Well, that just seemed an interesting tip, to make the normal fight less dull. We usually have a disci for engineer. And yeah, this probably doesn't work on heroic ^.^ We've only got to siegecrafter so far, but as I've said - to me it seemed interesting. Don't judge me :D

Krazyito,

Would you recommend taking HoTW over NV for the garrosh fight? Would the 6% intel buff be a big miss over the massive CD it brings when popped. NV can be used alot more in heavy damage situations, i did recently swapped but i didn't really see a difference in it at all. What would you suggest, maybe changing this i would benefit from taking incarnation instead of SoTF?

#Ste

Don't use incarnation, use SotF.

There's really not going to be a huge difference between NV and HotW, I personally like NV more as a healing cooldown. But if you need to help push dps I would use HotW to dps during bloodlust.