FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
StevenFoot

Help with Blood DPS

Hello everyone

So recently I've been trying to test my ability on my Blood DK by soloing different raid bosses (laugh at the "test my ability" on a Blood DK if you must). Pretty much, the problem is that I want to know what the best build is for me, as I was once laughed at for my Mastery build but it's what I prefer, although apparently the avoidance build has more DPS. I always thought my Blood DK had fine DPS until I soloed Lich King 25H after hitting the enrage timer and not being able to down the brain on Yogg-Saron 25man 0 keepers no matter what I did. If anyone can give any suggestions on ways I can increase my DPS (for current content too) that would be well appreciated, thank you. biggrin.png 

(My toon) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Videlchi/simple

Edited by StevenFoot

Blood really isn't a good choice for those two in particular because there isn't enough incoming damage to get the vengeance you would need to kill them fast enough. It can be done, but it isn't easy.

I'd try frost and just deathstrike occasionally when you need a heal, but even then, Lich King in particular is tough. Frost makes it much easier to kill him fast enough, but you'll take way more damage in the transition phase if you try to stand in the middle and continue dps'ing him, so you may need to go through the transitions the old way.

oddly enough for a blood dk it's actually easier to solo a few MoP raid bosses than it is to solo a few of the older content bosses. There's a sweet spot for blood dk's where you are taking enough damage to build vengeance, but also little enough damage to be able to sustain your self healing. Lich King has a high dps requirement for 25H, and a relatively low damage output.

As far as items go, I would try to use the thok trinket instead of rooks, and alter gemming/reforging in order to stay around 9-10k mastery and the rest into parry and dodge, with more emphasis on parry. A higher avoidance build will give you a higher crit chance through riposte, coupled with the thok trinket which increases the damage of crits, your dps should definitely increase.

You can always use the DPS legendary cloak as well.