Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Warlock Leveling Guide

19 posts in this topic

One thing I would like to mention about destro locks is that you did not include soulburn in the rotation. As you are killing a lot of enemies quickly, soulburning can give a lot of burning embers back, and it has a high DPET. My current (level 89) rotation, then allows a chaos bolt and shadowburn once per fight, as long as I have over 1 ember to start with. The Normally generated embers from out rotation also count, so eventually, one caps on embers while still doing a lot of damage quickly.

One thing I would like to mention about destro locks is that you did not include soulburn in the rotation. As you are killing a lot of enemies quickly, soulburning can give a lot of burning embers back, and it has a high DPET. My current (level 89) rotation, then allows a chaos bolt and shadowburn once per fight, as long as I have over 1 ember to start with. The Normally generated embers from out rotation also count, so eventually, one caps on embers while still doing a lot of damage quickly.

Thank you for this, I added a mention of Shadowburn in the Destruction part of the guide ;)

I also reccomend demo locks being in dark apot at all times its faster and safer (use wrathguard on big AOE pulls use its ultimate) I take on 6-10mobs at a time and not drop below 80% hp thanks to the shield. If you find yourself in a aoe situation and everything is on cd use AOE version of that life spell. So far im level 89 almost 90 and this has not failed me yet. Much faster than one mob at a time and 2second cast times with dark bolt or w/e its called.

Can't wait for the 1-85 part of the leveling guide!

can we please get the 1-90 guide please!! : )

The minor Glyph of Nightmares is very handy. Riding over water spares so much time and makes you faster than buffing the unending breath.

Thank you soooo much for all these guides. I just logged onto my warlock (who is butt-naked and has no gear), and was having fun trying to get enough gold to buy my gear back from my mail box (C.O.D.ed by customer service to restore all the items I vendored).

I was quite confused, since I hadn't played on my warlock since the early Cata, and all of these guides really helped me out, especially the one about what changed.

You guys are awesome. <3

Very useful tips, got back a few weeks ago and was totally out of date with my toons rotations and talents. Thank you!

1 person likes this

Incinerate is not available in Destruction

Are you certain?

Thanks for removing the leveling info from 1-85. Guess I will have to stop telling people to use this site...;9

Thanks for removing the leveling info from 1-85. Guess I will have to stop telling people to use this site...;9

The only classes for which we've ever had leveling info from 1 to 85 were Priests, Rogues, and Shamans. The Warlock leveling guide has always been only 85-90.

For the Destruction Leveling, you should always open with Incinerate or Chaos Bolt if you have 3+ Burning Embers.  The travel time of these 2 spells allows you to cast Immolate as your 2nd spell and have both spells hit almost simultaneously.  For 3+ mobs you can open with a Fire and Brimstone Immolate.  For single and 2 mobs, Incinerate or Chaos bolt, then Immolate.

~Opulus

Many of the links that led to wowdb gave me 'an error occurred while processing your request, and an error occurred while dealing with that, so YOU LOSE!'

ok, not really. (tho that would be a cool message.)  But the double error, yes. This happened when trying to look at the talents and glyphs, and then I was trying just anything to see if it went through. 

This needs to be updated to reflect the resent patch change, for example Demon skin is now a level 75 talent, before it was a level 45 talent.

On 10/27/2016 at 5:38 AM, Guest Rich said:

This needs to be updated to reflect the resent patch change, for example Demon skin is now a level 75 talent, before it was a level 45 talent.

Yep, incoming shortly!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0