FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Warlock Leveling Guide

Guest Beliir

One thing I would like to mention about destro locks is that you did not include soulburn in the rotation. As you are killing a lot of enemies quickly, soulburning can give a lot of burning embers back, and it has a high DPET. My current (level 89) rotation, then allows a chaos bolt and shadowburn once per fight, as long as I have over 1 ember to start with. The Normally generated embers from out rotation also count, so eventually, one caps on embers while still doing a lot of damage quickly.

One thing I would like to mention about destro locks is that you did not include soulburn in the rotation. As you are killing a lot of enemies quickly, soulburning can give a lot of burning embers back, and it has a high DPET. My current (level 89) rotation, then allows a chaos bolt and shadowburn once per fight, as long as I have over 1 ember to start with. The Normally generated embers from out rotation also count, so eventually, one caps on embers while still doing a lot of damage quickly.

Thank you for this, I added a mention of Shadowburn in the Destruction part of the guide ;)

Guest Bear

I also reccomend demo locks being in dark apot at all times its faster and safer (use wrathguard on big AOE pulls use its ultimate) I take on 6-10mobs at a time and not drop below 80% hp thanks to the shield. If you find yourself in a aoe situation and everything is on cd use AOE version of that life spell. So far im level 89 almost 90 and this has not failed me yet. Much faster than one mob at a time and 2second cast times with dark bolt or w/e its called.

Guest nicolash07

Can't wait for the 1-85 part of the leveling guide!

can we please get the 1-90 guide please!! : )

Guest Nhuts

The minor Glyph of Nightmares is very handy. Riding over water spares so much time and makes you faster than buffing the unending breath.

Thank you soooo much for all these guides. I just logged onto my warlock (who is butt-naked and has no gear), and was having fun trying to get enough gold to buy my gear back from my mail box (C.O.D.ed by customer service to restore all the items I vendored).

I was quite confused, since I hadn't played on my warlock since the early Cata, and all of these guides really helped me out, especially the one about what changed.

You guys are awesome. <3

Very useful tips, got back a few weeks ago and was totally out of date with my toons rotations and talents. Thank you!

• Like 1

Guest Hillucky

Is there going to be a level 1-85 leveling guide?

Guest Raganock

Thanks for removing the leveling info from 1-85. Guess I will have to stop telling people to use this site...;9

Thanks for removing the leveling info from 1-85. Guess I will have to stop telling people to use this site...;9

The only classes for which we've ever had leveling info from 1 to 85 were Priests, Rogues, and Shamans. The Warlock leveling guide has always been only 85-90.

Guest Opulus

For the Destruction Leveling, you should always open with Incinerate or Chaos Bolt if you have 3+ Burning Embers.  The travel time of these 2 spells allows you to cast Immolate as your 2nd spell and have both spells hit almost simultaneously.  For 3+ mobs you can open with a Fire and Brimstone Immolate.  For single and 2 mobs, Incinerate or Chaos bolt, then Immolate.

~Opulus

Guest Barleduq

Many of the links that led to wowdb gave me 'an error occurred while processing your request, and an error occurred while dealing with that, so YOU LOSE!'

ok, not really. (tho that would be a cool message.)  But the double error, yes. This happened when trying to look at the talents and glyphs, and then I was trying just anything to see if it went through. 

Guest Rich

This needs to be updated to reflect the resent patch change, for example Demon skin is now a level 75 talent, before it was a level 45 talent.

On 10/27/2016 at 5:38 AM, Guest Rich said:

This needs to be updated to reflect the resent patch change, for example Demon skin is now a level 75 talent, before it was a level 45 talent.

Yep, incoming shortly!

36 minutes ago, Guest Warluck said:

Gonna update this for 7.1.5?

Very likely that we will where needed yes, we're just trying to ensure that all updates move as quickly as possible to the spec guides for now. Sorry for the delay, but there is a much larger demand ATM for the 110 guides!

• Like 1

Guest Snowise

Would be great to see this updated, just looking at playing my Warlock and was sad to see this wasn't up to date.

5 hours ago, Guest Snowise said:

Would be great to see this updated, just looking at playing my Warlock and was sad to see this wasn't up to date.

Hey there! 

Sorry about that, I've put in a note for all the leveling guides to be updated but it's a pretty low priority for many of the writers at the moment due to the necessity of these guides now compared to at launch. Essentially, you can level as any Warlock spec, because relics/AP no longer matter (due to AK being able to hit 15 instantly). Many of the guides focused on a "best" spec mainly due to their need to focus AP into the weapons right at the start of the xpac.

Hope this helps and sorry for the delay in updating! If you have questions that aren't in the guide, I can hopefully help with those :)

Guest Sands

Wow!  I just wasted a couple hours reading about Warlock specs and builds , only to find out that this outdated info is worthless.
Why not just take it down?

• Like 1

On 2/23/2017 at 6:40 AM, Guest Sands said:

Wow!  I just wasted a couple hours reading about Warlock specs and builds , only to find out that this outdated info is worthless.
Why not just take it down?

The guide definitely does still highlight some things to pay attention to while leveling - what do you feel in particular is most out of date?

I'm assuming you are referring to more than just the leveling guide, since it's not quite long enough to require a couple of hours of reading. Let me know! :)

Sign in to follow this