FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Warlock 6.0 Transition Guide

I disagree.  DoTs should be manually applied.  At some point, the game can't do everything for you.  They already brought all 3 specs down a notch in terms of intellectual capacity requirements.  No moar plz.

Don't read my response in dot tracking then.... there is some real blondeness going on there. :D

Meh, my DoT uptimes were bad, too.  Nothing to be ashamed of especially if your UI got messed with.  Habits die hard.  I was double casting Doom and letting it fall off before refreshing.  I got some dummy training time in, but nothing replaces raid experience/time.

We noticed the random "spreading" of dots as well. We just attributed it to being a display bug with Tidy Plates. I think they might have fixed it with the latest update, but I just stuck with elv ui's nameplates for the remainder of the raid last night.... until spoils kept auto enraging on us after 1 minute. 

Thanks for this Zagam - I took a few months away from WoW to play other stuff and came back a few days before the patch.  This is helpful in a huge way.

I know its not a major major deal, but from a pure #s standpoint, with the recent Demo hotfix nerf's today, does this mean Destro is back to our top spec again for raid purposes during this pre-patch period?

I know its not a major major deal, but from a pure #s standpoint, with the recent Demo hotfix nerf's today, does this mean Destro is back to our top spec again for raid purposes during this pre-patch period?

I would like an answer to this as well! I'm sick of playing destro, and I really wanna play demo (my favorite spec)...

Personally I am not going to worry about it. Demo is still quite capable, and everything is so nerfed at this point it is basically a free loot run. If I had to switch to a 'top' spec at this point because the fights are so close, I would consider dinding another group.

To put it in perspective, i pugged in to a group killing heroic garrosh last night. Only myself and one other person were doing over 10k. The fight was still brain dead dumb easy and fast.

Blizz threw out totally "I wonder what this does" numbers. 20% across the board for us, 15% buff across for hunters, 17% nerf for fury warrior, 20% here, 20% there for a lot of other classes. These werent REAL numbers. These were made up guesses to use for data collection. 

For the pre-patch, play what you want. Content is so nerfed it will not matter at all. For 100, we'll wait and see.

• Like 1

Tidy plates has shown debuffs on the wrong targets sometimes, even before 6.0.  Sometimes doesn't show my dots on a target, or dots come up on other targets after applying to one.  Seems to happen most often with multiple mobs with the same name, but not too surprised to hear it's happening more often with a new patch.

This is just a tidy-plates issue, and isn't even a new thing.  Don't panic, people.  Just get used to checking your dot trackers for your current target before actually refreshing, esp. if tidy plates seems to be acting fishy.

I was having issues with Tidyplates "spreading" dots that were not there but the update from Saturday (I think it was) fixed that for me. Hopefully it will for other people as well. 

What does transition guide means? For Siege of Orgrimmar or for level 100? You have to be precise about these things because there are stuff which sounds so misleading, such is affliction being "poor". These ones are now old, because I am pulling even better results with affliction, with only destruction being viable on Spoils and Garrosh Mythic.

http://youtu.be/UhcoHMZ49QQ?list=UUuxsH0SgJuWLO5XQP4b-HHw

http://youtu.be/pHgcQqEtgTc?list=UUuxsH0SgJuWLO5XQP4b-HHw

Edit: To not forget, other warlocks were 8ilvls higher then me, destros.

Edited by JaedenWarlock

First sentence of the transition guide:

"Alright Warlocks, based on the most recent build deployed, here are some observations and things to think about as you transition into 6.0, still at level 90, clearing SoO."

He is being precise about what it means. You just have to take a glance below the title for a second to see it.

Affliction is meh in a raid environment in general at the moment but since most fights don't last over two minutes it is very good since it is burstier than other specs. If you had a 5 minute thok kill similar to how it would for several guilds before the prepatch good luck having it feel good with the slow shard regeneration and other issues as the spec is very dependent on its perks. Read here for a similar explanation:

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/7462-mythic-dps-analysis-top-10-of-parses-week-2/

On another note though, you can't really use two youtube videos as good evidence that one spec is more viable than the other. Unless you're in a top tier guild there will just be players playing at different levels of skill and the basis of dps differences could just be some of the players playing worse than others.

Edited by Phenax
  • Like 2