FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nuadria

Raid tanking

Raid tanking in MoP  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which tanking class would you prefer to bring for ToT and SoO 10n-25n/10H-25H?

Edited by Nuadria

Any tank works, but in very generalized terms Paladins and DK's take the least damage, and output the most dps.

I've been trying to down Garrosh these past few weeks with little success, so I was curious to see what tanks people think is best for ToT/SoO tanking, so I can take that into consideration when forming my flex group for Down Fall/Pinnacle of Storms.

ToT is super easy now as long as your group is geared enough. I was letting a friend solo tank Lei Shen once and he got knocked off the platform pretty early in phase 2. and I was able to tank the last 50% of the fight in frost spec with blood presence on. any tank that's at least flex SoO geared should destroy ToT.

The same goes for SoO. there are certain tanks that may be the best for certain fights, like Paladins are probably the best at solo tanking thokk, and DK's do the most damage on Spoils, and I've often out healed geared healers on Malkorok. but any tank should be able to tank anything, as long as they have appropriate gear and know what they're doing. especially if you're not trying anything fancy like solo tanking fights.

ToT is super easy now as long as your group is geared enough. I was letting a friend solo tank Lei Shen once and he got knocked off the platform pretty early in phase 2. and I was able to tank the last 50% of the fight in frost spec with blood presence on. any tank that's at least flex SoO geared should destroy ToT.

The same goes for SoO. there are certain tanks that may be the best for certain fights, like Paladins are probably the best at solo tanking thokk, and DK's do the most damage on Spoils, and I've often out healed geared healers on Malkorok. but any tank should be able to tank anything, as long as they have appropriate gear and know what they're doing. especially if you're not trying anything fancy like solo tanking fights.

What about ToT 10H? I want to get the heroic thunderforged version of inv_stave_2h_thunderisleraid_d_02.jpgGiorgio's Caduceus of Pure Moods, where currently I have the LFR version of it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Ysera/Nuadria/advanced

Don't underestimate Warriors.  I know I'm not the most awesome, but on N Sha I come out dead last in damage taken, and N Jugg I outheal my pally co-tank by over 10k HPS (actually barely almost caught one of the healers...).  I also rarely fail to out-dps my cotanks.  And a DPS or two.

Each tank has specific strengths and weaknesses, but the amalgamated sum is everyone is equal.  Unless you have a stable of equally geared and identically skilled tanks who are willing to step up and then step out on a per-fight basis regardless of any opportunity for loot...  By the time you defeat all 14 bosses, it balances out.  There are no fights that just outright say, "X tank is incapable of success in Y situation."

Bottom line, take the most highly skilled at their class tank you can find.

What about ToT 10H? I want to get the heroic thunderforged version of inv_stave_2h_thunderisleraid_d_02.jpgGiorgio's Caduceus of Pure Moods, where currently I have the LFR version of it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Ysera/Nuadria/advanced

... Why do you want an extremely rare version of a specific piece of outdated equipment that was made completely obsolete by flex gear?

Edited by AMonkeyCourier

... Why do you want an extremely rare version of a specific piece of outdated equipment that was made completely obsolete by flex gear?

Because of using warforged seals for trinket rolls, since I am going for a 1H/OH combo for siege weapons. The purpose of getting the 541 staff is to update closer to flex SoO weapon ilevel.

Because some people need to transmog to look cool. other's just rock out with the best looking gear equipped regardless of item level.

#DWbloodDK /w dual warglaives master class

• Like 2

Because some people need to transmog to look cool. other's just rock out with the best looking gear equipped regardless of item level.

#DWbloodDK /w dual warglaives master class

Certain t-mogs in ToT are good, but its mainly to get specific trinkets for my tanking OS. ability_warrior_bloodfrenzy.jpgTalisman of Bloodlust is the main one I want, for the rage regeneration. I'll also take along either ability_deathwing_bloodcorruption_earth.Delicate Vial of the Sanguinaire, or spell_warlock_demonsoul.jpgSoul Barrier. With ability_warrior_bloodfrenzy.jpgTalisman of Bloodlust, and hopefully spell_warlock_demonsoul.jpgSoul Barrier. If spell_warlock_demonsoul.jpgSoul Barrier does not drop, perhaps I can get ability_deathwing_bloodcorruption_earth.Delicate Vial of the Sanguinaire, since the ilevel is closest to SoO flex trinket ilevel. Once collecting OS SoO gear though, I'll try to obtain the inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_10.jpgVial of Living Corruption, along with inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_04.jpgCurse of Hubris. If those two do not drop, I'll try to obtain inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_20.jpgRook's Unlucky Talisman, inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_04.jpgSigil of Rampage, or inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_08.jpgHaromm's Talisman.