FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Krazyito

Druid 6.0 Transition Guide

is it going to be a big change for regemming such as instead of having pure crit in our yellow sockets are we going to be swapping back to pure mastery instead, as well as keeping the basic red sockets as the new haste and crit gems that will be replacing the current expertise and crit. being they are taking out reforging i know we will be losing crit here and there and that the standard 10,289 haste will most likely decrease to where we will have to suppliment more mastery to make up for that, does this seem as the current case or are we good to still gem pure crit and use the expertise crit gems when they swap over to haste crit for red and pure crit for yellow and then blue sockets use the spirit crit or should we swap the blue ones out as well so far i havent found anything on current gem logging for 6.0.2 to go with the new squish and dropping of the reforging any help or incite would be appreciated

Haste breakpoint no longer matter. At all.

If you don't change your gems, provided you have no spirit gems providing hit before today, you will be okay.

At present, Mastery is summing slightly better than crit, but they're both relatively close. Haste is our bottom tier.

If you're going to regem, go to Keen gems for red, Fractured for yellow, and Sensei's for blue.

I found out Precise is +20 haste. I'm using that in red, Quick in yellow (haste) and Energized (haste/spirit) in anything thats a haste or int socket bonus.

my armory is updated with it

I found out Precise is +20 haste. I'm using that in red, Quick in yellow (haste) and Energized (haste/spirit) in anything thats a haste or int socket bonus.

my armory is updated with it

Whoa so ditch mastery for resto then, that's weird but I trust you.

I still have like 47% mastery on my gear unbuffed lol

But there is a mastery / vs haste debate that I want to address.  Both are GOOD. You have to choose personally which one is better for you.  I'm going to run logs of both Mastery and Haste to see what is better for me.

RESTORATION CHANGE

Mastery is much closer in value than I gave it credit for.  Its possible that there are some druid that perform better with haste, while others perform better with mastery.  Hell, maybe even more of a mix of the two.

TEST OUT BOTH STATS (or a mix) FOR YOURSELF. Its going to be different for everyone.  Once we're mid tier into WoD, I'll update my guide for how to gear / gem / enchant and explain what you need to know for each type of stat.

I was at about 51% haste, and 49% mastery last night, I felt like i did terrible, but its probably the Paladin / disc.

I went and did some before / after numbers in org and then regemmed to a more mastery heavy build, have abouit 30% haste , 68% mastery now. The before after was about a 2k~ per heal increase (depending on the spell, little more little less) and on hots I lost about 1 full tick on pretty much everything.

I'm gonna do mastery tonight and see how it goes. I may just go buy 2 stacks of each gem just to regem mid raid night. Right now, im changing my stance, and leaning towards mastery if it stays like this. We'll see.

When I finally make a more complete 'stat guide' ill try to highlight the benefits of all three (haste vs mastery vs hybrid)

• Like 1

Quick question - AMR again is contradictory to the resto guides you guys put out. i realize it's all new, etc but they are priotitizing spirit over haste and icy veins puts spirit way low.

Can someone clarify that please?

Also do you suggest editing weights at this point or going "stock" if using AMR?

Edited by gonlaz

Don't use the default weights. 

Don't complain about Mr. Robot saying "it does this, but IV says this". YOU CAN MAKE IT DO WHAT ICY VEINS SAYS..

Mr. Robot isn't telling you what to do, you're telling Mr. Robot what you want.

Don't use the default weights. 

Don't complain about Mr. Robot saying "it does this, but IV says this". YOU CAN MAKE IT DO WHAT ICY VEINS SAYS..

Mr. Robot isn't telling you what to do, you're telling Mr. Robot what you want

I thought valid observation and question, it was not a complaint. I was seeking clarification, clearly.

But no big deal

Edited by gonlaz

Honestly, there's really no point to A MR anymore. There are no longer haste caps, hit caps, or expertise caps to worry about getting to without going over. There's no more reforging to try to figure out. Just throw the gems in that have the stat you want, and you're good to go.

• Like 1

As some of you got hands on wod testing, I have a couple of questions. Actually one big question. Will boomkins @100lvl will still be as numb as now? I feel as this class has gotten down... A lot... I'm failing even basic things, as I'm too used to old mechanics, but as far as I can see there's pretty much starfire and wrath spamming, and you cant even control which one when to spam. It's being done for you. I know that MoP boomkin was pretty much the same, but it had a little bit more depth to it, and it was fun. Now I'm really disappointed... I'm even thinking about going cat -_-

Looking forward to your comments guys.

I have a question about bear form in Feral.  I use it as my go-to when I'm in trouble or have many targets but now I have TWO strikes only.  How the hell are Feral supposed to fight with their bear form when almost all of their attacks are gone?  I don't like fighting in cat form 100% of the time, I don't care if it's what Blizz wants us to do in Feral, I want to fight the way I want.  Please don't suggest I change specs to Guardian, no intention of ever doing so.  Any viable suggestions would be appreciated.

Edited by Nighdarke

I have a question about bear form in Feral.  I use it as my go-to when I'm in trouble or have many targets but now I have TWO strikes only.  How the hell are Feral supposed to fight with their bear form when almost all of their attacks are gone?  I don't like fighting in cat form 100% of the time, I don't care if it's what Blizz wants us to do in Feral, I want to fight the way I want.  Please don't suggest I change specs to Guardian, no intention of ever doing so.  Any viable suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm confused, are you talking about a PvP aspect?

For PvE, why the heck would you ever switch to bear to dps?

You're free to use what ever form you want, but what is optimal is what blizzard decides. 

Are you feral guys gemming crit/haste instead of agi/crit now even in red sockets?

I checked Stenhaldi and hes doing that, but he is wearing mythic gear while im only @ 569. 

Thanks in advance.

Any chance you would make in terms of trading 5 Agi for 10 Haste on your gems is so miniscule you wouldn't honestly notice. Of all the DPS you stand to gain, at most 10% of it could come from changing your stats. At least 90% is from how you play and looking through logs to analyze your rotation.

Thanks for replying, I think I got rotation about right with the help of weakauras to track stuff. Been playing feral since Firelands and I've been lurking icyveins for a long time, I did not check logs tbh but I do check recount ability usage ecc at least and seems about right, if I make any mistake it shouldnt be anything terrible. ATM I'm doing about 12k at the dummy, but I had Reincarnation for that 10 mins try. ATM I got 78% mastery, 50% crit and ~20% haste. Was just wondering if I'm better off getting a bit more crit/haste gems instead of the agi/crit ones I got now, after all 569 is not that low for gear. Feels a bit weird not gemming agi TBH, but I can see why it would be worth it now, im just unsure.

Are you feral guys gemming crit/haste instead of agi/crit now even in red sockets?

I checked Stenhaldi and hes doing that, but he is wearing mythic gear while im only @ 569. 

Thanks in advance.

For red sockets, yes, you should be gemming crit/haste.  Since agility is not weighted more then two times the next secondary stat, it is worth it to go with secondaries.

For the future, when listing secondaries, please use the stat rating instead of the percentage.  Essentially, you want to be crit>haste=mastery.

• Like 1

Where I can find about new crafting epic?
and what about new trinkets from Darkmoon Faire?

can't find any information about it :(
sorry if i ask at the wrong themewacko.png