Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Demon Hunter: Sentry / Cluster Arrow / Cold / Embodiment of the Marauder

57 posts in this topic

You do know area dmg and life per hit dont proc from turret dmg?

Indeed. I don't think the guide suggests otherwise.

Why don't use andriel's visage for a helm. It provides a lesser bonus yet more consistent.

I'm wondering how the new Iceblink gem can come into play in this build. If I am correct, the chill effect (and +10% crit chance) of Iceblink paired with bane of the trapped would produce a much higher damage output than zei's and remove the need to shoot as far back as possible. This doesn't take into account any slow effects already made without iceblink slotted, but wouldn't the 10% crit chance (level 25 iceblink) on chilled and frozen targets (which always apply thanks to the all cold damage dealers) be a much higher damage output than the 25% or so max offered by zei's?

I'm wondering how the new Iceblink gem can come into play in this build. If I am correct, the chill effect (and +10% crit chance) of Iceblink paired with bane of the trapped would produce a much higher damage output than zei's and remove the need to shoot as far back as possible. This doesn't take into account any slow effects already made without iceblink slotted, but wouldn't the 10% crit chance (level 25 iceblink) on chilled and frozen targets (which always apply thanks to the all cold damage dealers) be a much higher damage output than the 25% or so max offered by zei's?

A better gem to replace for Iceblink would be unique_gem_001_x1_demonhunter_male.pngBane of the Powerful, as it adds to the 'Damage Increased By Skills' and Damage Against Elites categories, which are already stacked by other means (rings, demonhunter_passive_ballistics.pngBallistics, etc.) Zei's Stone of Vengeance is an individual multiplier in your total damage calculation, making it one of the strongest choices for ranged based specs.

Wouldn't Impale with the overpenetration rune be a stronger choice than cluster arrow with maelstrom and ballistics?

Impale does higher base damage and with the overpenetration rune it has a straight line AoE. It costs half the hatred of cluster arrow meaning it's spammable way more and which basically equalizes it to the 100% damage boost ballistics gives. This makes the ballistics passive replacable by the steady aim passive, which would only add even more to the bonus damage Zei's gives.

Wait. Why not cube Pride's Fall? What benefit does Cindercoat give in a cold build? Why not have Focus and Restraint, with Convection of Elements cubed for farming/multiplayer and Unity cubed when you need it? I don't understand

Wait. Why not cube Pride's Fall? What benefit does Cindercoat give in a cold build? Why not have Focus and Restraint, with Convection of Elements cubed for farming/multiplayer and Unity cubed when you need it? I don't understand

This will get fixed, as I will transition the guide from its current Cold state into a Fire build. Sorry for the temporarily confusing state!

Any suggestion about using extracted armor passive buff :

EITHER  Hunter's Wrath or The Cloak of the Garwulf.

Would appreciate it very much.

P.S. I use Cold Sentry Build skillfully designed and generously shared by Deadset 

Any suggestion about using extracted armor passive buff :

EITHER  Hunter's Wrath or The Cloak of the Garwulf.

Would appreciate it very much.

P.S. I use Cold Sentry Build skillfully designed and generously shared by Deadset 

Hunter's Wrath could lead to some interesting options for an Elemental Arrow build, so I vote for that - although I'm thinking along the lines of a Ball Lightning variant, with cubed Meticulous Bolts and Convention of Elements.

This will get fixed, as I will transition the guide from its current Cold state into a Fire build. Sorry for the temporarily confusing state!

Dreadset is there anyway to keep the cold build, or is it just obsolete to the other builds. Could Iceblink (insead of bane of powerful) be used as a gem. Frostburn be used as an "Armor Power"(instead of Cindercoat cause that doesn't work). And Maybe elemental arrow frost arrow (instead of evasive fire...though hatred regen might be an issue). Cold damage build would be fun to see. Hopefully you can work something out Dreadset. Thanks for your time!!!!

Dreadset is there anyway to keep the cold build, or is it just obsolete to the other builds. Could Iceblink (insead of bane of powerful) be used as a gem. Frostburn be used as an "Armor Power"(instead of Cindercoat cause that doesn't work). And Maybe elemental arrow frost arrow (instead of evasive fire...though hatred regen might be an issue). Cold damage build would be fun to see. Hopefully you can work something out Dreadset. Thanks for your time!!!!

Heya, I would love to give you some encouragement, but the set itself is lacking at the moment and elemental variations can hardly make it perform up to par with Unhallowed Essence and Natalya :( It might receive a rework in Patch 2.4, but until then I would focus on a fire variation of Marauder.

I'd like to know why the Tumble rune for Vault is taken over Trail of Cinders? When using Cindercoat and putting fire damage on gear, it seems more logical to me to have Vault be a fire ability and let it add some, even if only a little, extra damage.

why changed to physical though? damage does not depend on element type, just on the element damage increase. is it because of the actual cluster arrow rune behavior?

also (from 2.4 patch notes):

• Skill Rune - Maelstrom
    • Explosion damage increased from 550% to 650% weapon damage
    • Number of rockets decreased from 5 to 3
    • Healing per rocket increased from 1% to 2%
  • Skill Rune - Shooting Stars
    • Number of rockets decreased from 3 to 2

as we can see maelstrom and shooting stars (explosion) deal same amount of damage BUT maelstrom releases 3 rockets 3*450%=1350% while shooting stars releases 2 rockets 2*600=1200% so maelstrom does more overall damage.

correct me if i'm wrong.

Edited by morgos47

Big thanks to the author for taking the time to write this up.  Very informative.

also (from 2.4 patch notes):

• Skill Rune - Maelstrom
    • Number of rockets decreased from 5 to 3
    • Healing per rocket increased from 1% to 2%
  • Skill Rune - Shooting Stars
    • Number of rockets decreased from 3 to 2

as we can see maelstrom and shooting stars (explosion) deal same amount of damage BUT maelstrom releases 3 rockets 3*450%=1350% while shooting stars releases 2 rockets 2*600=1200% so maelstrom does more overall damage.

correct me if i'm wrong.

Simply put, Physical does better in Elite and Rift guardian fights, as rockets from a single Cluster Arrow do not stack against a single target! :) You can read some additional math about it here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16202240944

Please, say a decent alternative for Taeguk on this build, because i simply hate it with all my hearth and soul.

Please, say a decent alternative for Taeguk on this build, because i simply hate it with all my hearth and soul.

I also hate Taeguk. I'm using Bane of the Powerful just now.

"The active pop also nets you the a.png Spider Companion slow, the b.png Boar Companion taunt, the e.png Ferret Companion health globe grab and the c.png Wolf Companion 30% damage increase."

This is severely wrong. You only net the active benefit of the rune you have selected, NOT all pets on the field. Obvious mark that the writer of this guide does not fully understand how the DH set functions. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0