FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Hello, RNG - how are you?

Look at this ABSURD Destro log I had on Sha of Pride the other night.  Goes to show you what RNG can do for you if it swings the right way: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aBLnDPc4fxpC1gGv#type=damage-done&fight=7

This is a 3:30 fight where I pushed 630k DPS.  Here's the details of why...

Chaos Bolt max: 4,573,816

Chaos Bolt avg: 2,044,117

Incinerate crit %: 68.5%

Incinerate max: 1,014,969

Incinerate avg: 579,180

Immolate tick crit %: 73.82%

Shadowburn crit %: 55.36%

FnB Incinerate crit %: 75.83%

Conflagrate crit %: 76.87%

Rain of Fire crit %: 56.97%

Some of those numbers are off the charts absurd considering I walk into a fight with 35% crit fully raid buffed.  Here's WHY the numbers were so absurd.

1. Wrath of the Darkspear (BBoY) was up for 100% of the time Bloodlust was in the opener.  Neat.  BBoY also decided to give me 3 procs back to back around the 2:00 mark when PBI came back up.  Double trinket stacks?  RNGeesus blessed me.

2. PBI proc'd immediately.  Neat.

3. Destructive Influence actually proc'd 5 times.  Wow.

4. TRICKS OF THE TRADE!  We recruited a Rogue, so for the first time this raid tier, I got Tricks.

5. lol, didn't use my 2nd potion

6. Power of the Titans uptime: 48.36%.  Yeah, 15% damage buff during every double trinket + Dark Soul phase?  Sure, thanks.

I have killed Heroic Sha of Pride 40+ times.  I have NEVER come close to breaking 530k before, even on 25 man.  In 10 man, I broke 630k because of RNG.  I didn't even realize what kind of DPS I was at until I got prisoned when the boss was at 8% HP.  I realized it and was like "PLEASE GET ME OUT NOW HOLY SHIT THIS PARSE" and I was rescued.  RNG is absurdly stupid.  Unreal that I play the exact same way but because of procs, I get an extra 100k DPS. 

• Like 3

I'll bet you I can go back in logs and find similar bouts of PBI going "Nope, not today."  Need a Game of Thrones gif with Arya being told "not today" by PBI.

• Like 1

Dark Shamans - http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aBLnDPc4fxpC1gGv#type=auras&source=4&ability=146046&fight=17 Awful delay of 10 seconds and then a 2:30 gap, so it was off CD for 55 seconds -_-

Nazgrim - http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aBLnDPc4fxpC1gGv#type=auras&source=4&ability=146046&fight=24 FORTY FIVE SECONDS.  WTF PBI.  This MIGHT have been because it was on CD on trash.  I think we accidentally pulled Nazgrim and just said fuck it, we're going in.

It didn't misbehave too badly this week.  Lots of 10 second delays, which are the worst because BBoY always procs.  I start tossing out a Chaos Bolt at 8 stacks of BBoY only to see PBI proc while the damn spell is in the air.  THANKS FOR BUFFING MY CHAOS BOLT DOT YOU PIECE OF NO GOOD....you know, the usual reaction.

• Like 1

I guess for you it's a dps increase if it insta procs. For Mages if it doesn't proc it's a downright dps destruction, because of Alter Time :/

Like we have 2 mages in our groups and within the first 30 seconds of the fights you will probably have heard some sort of fuckity fuck fuck on TS by either of us xD

It's actually beneficial for Destruction for it to delay about 5 seconds.  If it delays 5 seconds, I can get 5 Chaos Bolts off in its 20 second duration - otherwise, the limit is 4.  I can definitely see it hurting Mages since you have a short window to line stuff up.