FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ragebarr

Warrior 6.0 Transition Guide

Now a question, do you think it is still more valuable to skill SD for SMF, or better switch to wildStrike and be more and more useless as SMF ... I'd prefered a Tier tree that switches SD for a new Version of CS :'(

I doubt we'll see CS back in the Fury rotation any time soon, unfortunately. Ultimately it'll come down to how these changes come out in Sims as to what we'll choose, honestly. With SMF it may still be viable to use SD but I feel Fury may be switching to Furious Strikes. 

wasn't the 10% already live a long time ago and just the tooltip wasn't updated?  20% was WAY too high using 1h weapons and some secondary stats and gems converted to haste, it would be proccing like every 5 secs literally.

maybe you're right, i had the feeling that SD proc's we're reduced between thursday and monday. On monday raid i had the feeling it proccs not as much as on the raid on thursday. But i still think they broke the Fury Warrior and somehow i wish they are going to repair it :'(

Hey, first time poster. This might have been answered, but I have yet to find one that actually explains the why and the how. The Arms guide says that it's a DPS gain to keep rend applied at all times, instead of waiting for the burst at the end and then immediately reapplying. While the why is clearly "it's a DPS gain to keep it up," I'm failing to see the "how."

All classes get the formerly Warlock-only passive "Pandemic" (Though you won't find this mentioned anywhere in-game, thanks Blizzard...), which extends all your DoTs and HoTs by up to 30% if you reapply them before they expire. This means that Rend can be extended by up to 5.4 seconds (18s * 130% = 23.4s) through the use of this mechanic. It does also means that as long as you reapply it within those last 5.4 seconds, the burst will still go off at the time it would have normally gone off and the DoT will keep on ticking afterwards.

I hope this clears it up for you :)

Hey, first time poster. This might have been answered, but I have yet to find one that actually explains the why and the how. The Arms guide says that it's a DPS gain to keep rend applied at all times, instead of waiting for the burst at the end and then immediately reapplying. While the why is clearly "it's a DPS gain to keep it up," I'm failing to see the "how."

I'll eventually put up an Arms Guide and it will explain this in it - precisely as Ragebarr has already explained.

All classes get the formerly Warlock-only passive "Pandemic" (Though you won't find this mentioned anywhere in-game, thanks Blizzard...)

Right? 

Concerning protection I have few questions for 6.0:

1/ Should we spam Thunderclap as soon as it is up or just wait the last 10s Deep-wound debuff before refreshing it ? or any particular time for refreshing it

2/ Glyph of Res. Power still useful ?

3/ On Garrosh I were 10k DPS (solo tank) with 4 healers. I did not know if it is a correct DPS or not.

27 % uptime on SBlock and 31,49% on SBarrier. Not enough % on Sblock ? or SBarrier ?

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/m6NcTdyvZFMwK4b1#type=damage-done

1) For single target, you shouldn't be using Thunder Clap at all. Devastate applies Deep Wounds, so don't waste GCDs on TC.

2) Sure, for fights with adds that don't come too frequently.

3) Uptime on SBlock should be closer to 50%. Not 100% sure about damage output. You seem to have a ton of SBars, are you using them at 60 rage?

hi, first thank you for your work on this forum for optimisation of warrior maybe the best smile.png.I would ask you if the 4part bonus should be good now because haste is a good stat maybe.sure this proc is not often but now it's only extra damage and less rage cost with this free exec yes or not?.sorry for my bad english writting smile.png

Edited by zrad

1) For single target, you shouldn't be using Thunder Clap at all. Devastate applies Deep Wounds, so don't waste GCDs on TC.

2) Sure, for fights with adds that don't come too frequently.

3) Uptime on SBlock should be closer to 50%. Not 100% sure about damage output. You seem to have a ton of SBars, are you using them at 60 rage?

Thanks Estarriol, I mean on Aoe situation do i need to spam TC every 6s or juste refresh debuff every 15s ?

I use Sblock 1 charge, and when the 1st one fall off, i use the second one. And i have after a 6s window where ever I pray or ask external CD. And I keep rage for the next 6s. Sometimess I have too many rage so I use Sbarrrier.

Most of the time I have my health too low so I spam Sbarrier. Should be my problem.

I have a few others questions :

I read on opening some tank said on pull to Charge AND Heroic leap. I was working before, but not work any more. Perhaps a bug, but when I do it, my Heroic leap become on CD but not damage at all from Heroic leap on my skada.

Some tanks say to use Stamina food and/or Flask. But i did not understand why as they said that as stamina is our worst stat on WS position. Why they said that and they do not use Str Food and Str or Crit Flask ? (Str better WS than Sta)

I made a Weakaura bar for tracking my Sblock fade. I was wondering how you manage it on your side ?

Same with 100 Talent, why use a Gladiator talent ? We can not switch to Defstance if we are tanking and want use Gladiator. Other talent 100  should be better no ?

During AoE situations, you should be using TC basically on CD, unless you're taking a lot of damage and the loss of rage that you would have by using that GCD on AoE would endanger you. Generally, you would want to prioritize Shield Slam>Revenge>Thunder Clap.

SBlock charges actually stack, so you don't need to carefully monitor when one is falling off quite as you're doing. You can certainly do it that way if you prefer, but stacking your SBlock charges is also an option.

Unfortunately, SBar is very weak right now, so even if you're low on health, SBlock should be your priority. You should never prioritize SBar over SBlk unless you are taking no blockable damage. If your SBlock charges are on CD, then you should be filling in with SBar.

I've never seen much of a reason to charge and Heroic Leap on pull. It's just using a CD and giving you an unnoticeable amount of damage. I wouldn't worry about your macro not working.

Once you have enough stamina (not in danger of a one-shot), then stamina becomes next to useless. Currently, I can assure you that you have enough stamina. You'd have to be severely undergeared to not have enough. Thus, strength flask and food would be better. The best options are armor and crit or mastery elixers, though. Not that this really matters at this point since WoD comes out 8 days from now.

I track my SBar/SBlock remaining time, SBar expected size and current remaining amount, and my rage via an addon called protwarbar.

Gladiator's Resolve is not the 100 talent I would recommend. I'll have more information on this in my guide that I should have ready within a week or two of WoD's release. Gladiator's Resolve have two effects: it turns Battle Stance into Gladiator Stance, which cannot be switched into or out of in combat, thereby turning protection into a DPS spec. However, if you do not use Gladiator Stance, the other effect of Gladiator's Resolve gives Defensive Stance an additional 5% damage reduction bonus. I think this effect is lackluster, but there are many who disagree with me. A 5% damage reduction is huge when compared with your total damage taken. However, it will mostly be used on damage that won't kill you anyway. On spiky damage, the 5% is lackluster and not nearly as useful as having an extra CD, as you might if you have good rage management and you're using Anger Management. Thus, Gladiator's Resolve will be more useful on fights where you're taking high, but steady damage. Anger Management is better on fights where you're taking spiky damage and having more CDs will allow you to have a CD up during spikes more often. Ravager is great for AoE fights.

The official Icy-Veins guide should come soon.

I'll try to make a quick refenrece guide/FAQ this week, if I can get through the craziness of the new expansion + all I have to do for my classes. I'll say, however, that Glad is really fun, especially if you liked the MoP Fury playstyle.

I'll try to make a quick refenrece guide/FAQ this week, if I can get through the craziness of the new expansion + all I have to do for my classes. I'll say, however, that Glad is really fun, especially if you liked the MoP Fury playstyle.

thx at first look yes its look like mop fury style and thats wahyI like it but need moer information about class stat priorty deep rotation ect... gearing for tank or gladiotor  difference etc ...already thx for guide that you will make

Any update on this, rage? I'm quite entertained with my Rogue, but the fact that I can go crazy with an all brand new Gladiator spec makes me... go crazy. xD

I'm almost caught up with school stuff, so I should be able to throw something together soon ™. Hopefully I'll have a small guide going before the weekend.

• Like 1

I'm almost caught up with school stuff, so I should be able to throw something together soon . Hopefully I'll have a small guide going before the weekend.

Looking forward to it! I even started undusting my girl.

Edit:

Glad is the new black.

Edited by lipsinch