FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

6.1 Demonology Guide

Glyph of Dark Soul + Archimonde's Darkness = bugged. Just as it has been since the beginning of beta and still nothing has been done. A lot of the time it won't let you cast the second charge. Sometimes it won't even let you cast when both charges are ready and you have to do your best not to commit suicide.

As it stands I'd rather take the glyph and just talent KJC than take AD and have no glyph.

Edited by Oldtrout

KJC will be nice for progress to guarantee your 1 min Demonbolt or Chaos Bolt burn goes unimpeded.

Consistent damage is very valuable when meeting DPS checks etc, and I'll happily take a few % simulated loss to guarantee this.

I am currently using the glyphs of Dark Soul, Life Tap and Demonic Training. Dark Soul for the reasons listed above and though most trinkets have procs of 20secs a shorter DS just fits better (in my opinion).

I feel strange not using Eternal Resolve and/or the one that gives the healing from Corruption but my pet seems to die more than I do currently in dungeons and in the world hence the Demonic glyph. Perhaps in raids it will not take damage all over the place? 

Life Pact to me seems to say take me and you'll lose 25% HP. Perhaps it doesn't really do that in practice with our shields but sounds risky and the amount we are having to Life Tap at the moment is not fun hence the Life Tap glyph. Are there any mechanics where the healing absorption could be dangerous?

Oh and for minors the one that stops falling damage (can't remember the name right now). Are there any better substitutions for any of these glyphs?

Edited by spikeysquad

Here is the thing, i need some help and i would like very much if you guys could do it. 

I should use Archimond Darkness + DS glyph ? 

and how is the proper use of Demonbolt(After reading some coments i got confused) i mean, should i wait for Dark Souls or No? 

and what about Wild Imps glyph ? bad idea?  i stoped playing on SoO and now i am completly lost in warlockery things. 

thank you. 

I havent run into a AD/Glyphed DS bug but Im hearing a lot of people run into it, so I would say use KJC/Glyph of DS.

Demonbolt is covered in the guide.

No on Wild Imps.

I am currently using the glyphs of Dark Soul, Life Tap and Demonic Training. Dark Soul for the reasons listed above and though most trinkets have procs of 20secs a shorter DS just fits better (in my opinion).

I feel strange not using Eternal Resolve and/or the one that gives the healing from Corruption but my pet seems to die more than I do currently in dungeons and in the world hence the Demonic glyph. Perhaps in raids it will not take damage all over the place? 

Life Pact to me seems to say take me and you'll lose 25% HP. Perhaps it doesn't really do that in practice with our shields but sounds risky and the amount we are having to Life Tap at the moment is not fun hence the Life Tap glyph. Are there any mechanics where the healing absorption could be dangerous?

Oh and for minors the one that stops falling damage (can't remember the name right now). Are there any better substitutions for any of these glyphs?

Life Pact glyph doesn't put u[ any shield. Just makes it where you can no longer use the ability but all spell cost 30% less mana, and you supposed to lose 25% health; However is a group with a good healer that never a factor, and outside of combat you Soul Harvest passive gains you more life per second then glyph can take so you always at full health.

So far glyph seems to work out fine, we popping into Meta enough and casting DB that we gain pretty much all the mana back we did use before meta, or at least I have yet to go oom using the glyph.

So no to AD take KjC got it. On my destro side I macro it into my DS so every time I pop it (once a minute) I auto pop it to make sure nothing can stop those cast (side from a stun/interrupt of some kid)

Edited by Nytemare

On my destro side I macro it into my DS so every time I pop it (once a minute) I auto pop it to make sure nothing can stop those class (side from a stun/interrupt of some kid)

Given KJC can be popped mid-cast, I would recommend against macro'ing it.  You are better off saving it for when you actually have to move so you don't waste any kjc uptime on non-movement

Given KJC can be popped mid-cast, I would recommend against macro'ing it.  You are better off saving it for when you actually have to move so you don't waste any kjc uptime on non-movement

true but, you should not pop it unless you about to burn, using it to cast filler spells is pointless. Demon got ToC, Destro can use RoF (if they must) or Conflag. I think it better to use it when you be under DS to make sure you don't end up wasting DS due to movement all sudden. Sure you can plan for most of it but not all. Like you can't know if boss will pick you for his ability and knock you around.

Also have it in non-macro form for fights I know will only use it once in a while.

true but, you should not pop it unless you about to burn, using it to cast filler spells is pointless. Demon got ToC, Destro can use RoF (if they must) or Conflag. I think it better to use it when you be under DS to make sure you don't end up wasting DS due to movement all sudden. Sure you can plan for most of it but not all. Like you can't know if boss will pick you for his ability and knock you around.

Also have it in non-macro form for fights I know will only use it once in a while.

Still don't recommend it.  KJC is only 8 seconds.  Your 4 chaos bolt dump will exceed this and you risk not being able to cast your last 1 or 2 chaos bolts if KCJ drops off.  but ymmv

Still don't recommend it.  KJC is only 8 seconds.  Your 4 chaos bolt dump will exceed this and you risk not being able to cast your last 1 or 2 chaos bolts if KCJ drops off.  but ymmv

True, only get off 3 cb under window of DS/KJK must be lacking haste. Anyways its there for a back-up if I need both together, if not I happy pop just DS and keep ready to pop KJC at a moment notice if needed.

I hardly ever use KJC outside of a burn phase, but none the less I would want to manually control when it goes active.

Every once in a blue moon I need to Brez someone while moving, and it's so damn handy smile.png

dumb question: why is the Imp glyph a bad idea?

Edited by Copperbad

I hardly ever use KJC outside of a burn phase, but none the less I would want to manually control when it goes active.

Every once in a blue moon I need to Brez someone while moving, and it's so damn handy smile.png

dumb question: why is the Imp glyph a bad idea?

Cause lore. cool.png

No really tho, it used to be picked and saved for DS but they nerfed the amount of imps you get. You generate like 6 imps or so in a 2 min duration, and the imp glyph brings out 4 immediately but turns off that ability. So you lose 2 imps. If I recall correctly its kind of in the position where its a gain when you use it but a loss overall. So it could be handy for burst phases but I havent heard of any reason so far this tier to use it. 

Edit: btw this is my first post! Hope I helped. smile.png  I am making my lock one of my main alts now so gonna be nice to come in and talk with you fancy theorycrafters, tho ive been here before reading I just never had an account.

Edited by Blind
  • Like 3

Edit: btw this is my first post! Hope I helped. smile.png  I am making my lock one of my main alts now so gonna be nice to come in and talk with you fancy theorycrafters, tho ive been here before reading I just never had an account.

Welcome. 

Also yes, he is right. The imp glyph is a DPS gain in burst but a loss in over all. If we had another Magmaw type fight where there were clear DPS gain burn phases then the glyph might be good again, outside of that it is rather junk.

So, out there to anybody who wants to answer it but:

Am I high, or did we recently change stat priority on this guide from Crit = haste > mastery = multistrike > versatility?

And if we did, is it just because I'm not the only one sitting around at ~25 secs to go on my DS cooldown going "Look at all this fury I haz!"?

So, out there to anybody who wants to answer it but:

Am I high, or did we recently change stat priority on this guide from Crit = haste > mastery = multistrike > versatility?

And if we did, is it just because I'm not the only one sitting around at ~25 secs to go on my DS cooldown going "Look at all this fury I haz!"?

Mastery is still king, and unless they redesign the spec, mastery will likely always be king. Haste comes in after that for increased fury generation, but the only secondary stat you really want to avoid is Versatility if you can.

I don't know if I am reading what you are writing wrong but if you are sitting on that much fury waiting on DS to come up then either you are doing something wrong, or you are talking about fury gen when you are doing multi target trash mobs. For your basic single target fight in a raid situation you want to be going demonbolt and AD with the DS glyph. Even if you don't have DS ready when Demonbolt buff falls off you want to dump your fury on demonbolts right away.  

Cata is great for dungeons and CMs but you need to consistently be hitting multiple targets for it to pull ahead of demonbolt. Servitude/Supremacy might pull ahead of Demonbolt on fights that require heavy movement. But depending on the fight if you have good gateway/teleport/demon leap/rocket jump(if goblin) usage DB will still pull ahead. If you aren't taking demonbolt then taking glyph of DS will be a dps loss. In this case it basically goes back to MoP demo rotation with either an AoE nuke or stronger pet.

Edited by Adrammalech

Doesn't the Imp Swarm imp nerf only happen when Imp Swarm is on CD?  Could it still be considered a damage gain if we use it on the end burn phase of fights?

I've been hearing that DS glyph + AD talent has been bugging and not letting people activate DS when they think it's available? Anyone experience this? Trying to figure out if I'm running AD in raids tomorrow with DS glyph or just going MF instead.

I've been hearing that DS glyph + AD talent has been bugging and not letting people activate DS when they think it's available? Anyone experience this? Trying to figure out if I'm running AD in raids tomorrow with DS glyph or just going MF instead.

Yep, DS still 22.5% mastery for demo as well. GG

I'd recommend Glyph plus KJC if you intend to use the glyph. It makes it certain that you can burst every minute even through movement.

Quick question regarding Demo stat priority:

If Im geared mostly for Destro, which Crit-Multistrike being most of my gear.

Would I need to re-enchant and regear everything to Mastery-Haste to see results? I remember seeing in the class guide that all of the secondary stats were very close.