FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

6.1 Demonology Guide

I am struggling with Twin Ogrons if I use DB.

The amount of movement hurts my fury generation and is a pain in the ass if I want to cast my DB. Afte Demo buffs I picked Cataclysm and was quite happy with my dps (my Char is Vaermont):

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jn7DCGwhMzTQbmda#fight=79&type=damage-done

I did that encounter again with DB and only got 32k dps. Unfortunately I don't have a log....anybody else who forgets to rename the logs after a raid night until it is several GB big and can't be opened again? -.-

I think I used Synergy and KJC in this try.

Today I did LFR and got 37k dps with DB, Synergy and KJC. But LFR is different as I don't move as much as on Mythic.

I really wonder how much of a dps gain DB is compared to Cata in the hands of a Demo Master.

I've been trying to get my hands on a SoN, so far no luck (running CC+SP3/3 now).

So far it's a pretty wide consensus on SoN being best atm altough I see some saying SON+QR being best and here I see alot of ppl running SON+CC. Any reason for that?

That being said, I just want to make sure i'll be able to handle SON right straight away once I get it, so do you guys think it's best used for reducing Demonbolt's debuff time or as a fury generator gain? ( on top of that there's the case of having BL or no BL during the opener as well, my first feeling would tell me to hold SoN that time, but ofc i can't test this).

Why would you hold it? In the opener 2 Demonbolts take like 3 seconds to cast max.

Later on you take 5 to 7 seconds castings 3x or 4x. The reduced cooldown means you can potentially get another cycle in during the encounter, and you're still getting increased fury gen from it. I'd treat them the same to be quite honest.

I'm running demo as my main spec with destro as my  off spec. I got Shards of Nothing + Heroic Shards of Nothing (socketed) with a NHC Quiet Runestone currently. I wonder if it would make sense to switch the Shards of Nothing for a Copeland's Clarity. I am unsure if its worth it since I would be losing 5 ilvl (not so dramatic), a lot of intellence and 50 mastery from the socket.

On the other hand I gain a better proc and the crit is also good for my second spec.

I hear that CC is the trinket to go right now for demo and also for destro but when I compare it to my Shards it feels kinda...meh.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Kerber

I'd definitely go with CC+Runestone, or even CC+SoN and use the haste for fury building. That SP boost for Demonbolting is pretty sick.

Shards of nothing is my go to trinket on all fights except Tectus. The passive intellect gain is amazing and the Haste proc isn't exactly terrible. I can get off my second DB cycle within bloodlust buff.

That's what I was thinking. Its +290 Crit (permanent) and +1100 SP (temporary) vs. +228 SP (permanent), +50 Mastery (permanent) and +1337 Haste (temporary).

The haste is not that bad for demo and destro. The Crit is obviously better for Destro, but since I only play destro on Ko'ragh and Mar'gok I don't think it's that important.

Hmm still thinking about it, but I think I will stick with the SoN for now, despite CC lingering in my head ^^

Btw I love these discussions on Warlocks. The fact that you have choice and must think about it shows that the class is in a good state atm (at least to me). Nothing is set in stone and people can play their own style. I like that

Edited by Kerber

SoN is actually Intellect, and afaik it is still 1 int = 2 SP (might need correction here).

So it's even better than you said.

I still think Copeland's is the best for Destro lined up with 2 minute Dark Soul, but for the other 2 specs SoN is my pick.

Any thoughts on the new alchemy trinket (Stone of Fire) for us demo loc

Would it be better than brf heroic trinkets? (think it gives flat mastery + int proc while most BRF trinkets give flat int + other procs)

Any thoughts on the new alchemy trinket (Stone of Fire) for us demo loc

Would it be better than brf heroic trinkets? (think it gives flat mastery + int proc while most BRF trinkets give flat int + other procs)

Wouldn't you mind to give a direct link to it for clarity?

I don't think proc shenanigans are good for Demo. Had enough fun with Sandman's Pouch.

Needs to be run through SimCraft. I assume they will be of close value.

Wouldn't you mind to give a direct link to it for clarity?

I don't think proc shenanigans are good for Demo. Had enough fun with Sandman's Pouch.

Needs to be run through SimCraft. I assume they will be of close value.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=122604/stone-of-fire

Well, the rest of BRF trinkets are on proc too if i'm not wrong. (yeah i hate on proc trinks too.)

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=122604/stone-of-fire

Well, the rest of BRF trinkets are on proc too if i'm not wrong. (yeah i hate on proc trinks too.)

Well proc trinkets are fun if you're able to line up your big hitters with it (Chaos bolt anyone?). Unfortunately Demonbolt is on a timer and if your trinkets proc during Fury buildups I can't help to feel that the proc just got wasted on nothing.

I had the same question about stone of fire, simcraft simulated it about the same dps as the other brf heroic trinkets with my current gear(675).

lTmHXwd.png

The DPS difference between the top 3 BRF trinkets is so small that it's largely irrelevant.  What's important is to think about the likelihood of you acquiring the trinkets and how to adapt to them.  Obviously the Haste proc is nice for Demonology - increases your DB burn phases.  The Multistrike is the best, but getting the Mythic version means you're done with content.  So for progression, you might want to snag the Mythic Crit and Mythic Haste ones purely for item level reasons alone.  The Multistrike one is nice, but again it's gated by the last boss, similarly to how UVLS was.

DPS aside of the trinket, do you think SoN + the haste proc trinket will make a good combo for an Imp Swam build? at a pull u'll prolly have BL+proc (+SON if u choose to pop it) for a VERY SHORT cd. proc trinkets are almost once a min.

When using Cata on like Tectus do we use it in caster to put corruption up or do we use it under meta for Doom on all the adds? Also do we use Chaos Wave from first split when the two shards? Or do we only start using CW when he splits into motes?

Also when we take Cata do we still want to use DS glyph and just use it when we going to use cata, or remove it and put DS back at a 2min for lining it up with GoServ?

Edited by Nytemare

When using Cata on like Tectus do we use it in caster to put corruption up or do we use it under meta for Doom on all the adds? 

This should be REALLY obvious dude.

1) use a 1min CD when you're in a weaker form to apply a weak spell.

2) use a 1min CD when you're in a buffed form to apply a VERY strong spell.

This should be REALLY obvious dude.

1) use a 1min CD when you're in a weaker form to apply a weak spell.

2) use a 1min CD when you're in a buffed form to apply a VERY strong spell.

Could of just said under meta, no need to be an ass about it. Regarding the other parts? do we still want the glyph and line it up with cata and every other GoServ, or remove glyph and use it every 2min?

Could of just said under meta, no need to be an ass about it. Regarding the other parts? do we still want the glyph and line it up with cata and every other GoServ, or remove glyph and use it every 2min?

unglyph DS when using Cata

Could of just said under meta, no need to be an ass about it. 

You can take my help or you can not take my help. You can't take my help and then get mad about it. 

I'm tired of giving people fish to eat, I'm trying to teach them how to fish their own. Thinking about your question and looking for a simple answer on your own is the first step in theory craft fishing. 

You can take my help or you can not take my help. You can't take my help and then get mad about it. 

I'm tired of giving people fish to eat, I'm trying to teach them how to fish their own. Thinking about your question and looking for a simple answer on your own is the first step in theory craft fishing. 

I don't use cata lot, and I did think about it, I did it both ways on our attempts, and was torn between which one would result in better fury gen / dps at that moment.

Edited by Nytemare

Different trinkets can dictate different playstyles. For example, the alchemy trinket will reliably proc every ~55-56 seconds. There's potential to play around that by slowing down your burns and having it up for every burn phase. 

The RPPM trinkets encourage a different playstyle where you burn when you get procs. 

Haste trinkets are the easiest to play around because a proc will not alter your rotation. But the damage proc trinkets have potential to put out a fair bit more DPS than they do in sims. 

It's completely fine to HoG / Cataclysm corruption / HoG for the beginning of Tectus. 

If the motes of tectus only stay alive long enough for just one tick of doom (which they do in most clean kills now - some may even die before the first tick), a full duration of corruption will end up doing more damage.