FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

6.1 Demonology Guide

I just got a heroic DUT, my current trinkets are Mythic SoN and CC. Would I replace the SoN or the CC? currently I just replaced the CC for now. Do I want to keep the On-Use effect for my burn until I can get another PPM trinket? Had no luck getting oregorger, and if everything goes well; we should down BH for the first time and maybe his trinket will drop / me bonus rolling it.

I'd go for the same arguments that we talked few posts earlier - Haste does not affect your damage that directly.

MC procs are limited resource, and Demonic Fury itself is too. CC each 2 minutes with DS would make every your use of limited resource better.

Change SoN for DuT because 2 on-use trinkets aren't so good. DuT has more passive Int, hasn't it? It's uptime is slightly bit more compared to haste gain of SoN.

If running the Serv/Serv build I'd stick with SoN and possibly CC. With the hotfix to +5 ilvl for all BRF items next week, I might drop the CC...

The 2 minute window of SoN lines up perfectly with DS and Doomguard, and as you're chunking out Soul Fires and can guarantee 2 stack HoG the haste isn't terrible. 

We're progressing on Iron maidens mythic now and i'm wondering about HoG Vs CW

situation, always 2 targets to hit, barely ever 3 sooo

should i keep charges to pop CW with procs or just try to weave 2 stacks on 2 targets as much as possible?

atm i'm running with CW'ing with procs (gotta love the new ring proc!)

Hello all :)

Was just wondering .. I'm currently useing SoN ( normal) and Sandmans ( 680)   yesterday i got HWF QR .. Is worth dropping SoN or SP for this ?  ( I'm currently bouncing between Aff and Demon)  .  since QR only got Haste and multistrike.. and the others have a on use and a RPPM ..... .

should i keep charges to pop CW with procs or just try to weave 2 stacks on 2 targets as much as possible?

CW is surely better on Maidens.

I tried to made math once, but failed. Common sense says to me that it Crits, Multistrikes and is buffed by DS much more than HoG.

C'mon, you've reached them on MYTHIC and still don't know what is good for you??dry.pngbiggrin.png

Hello all smile.png

Was just wondering .. I'm currently useing SoN ( normal) and Sandmans ( 680)   yesterday i got HWF QR .. Is worth dropping SoN or SP for this ?  ( I'm currently bouncing between Aff and Demon)  .  since QR only got Haste and multistrike.. and the others have a on use and a RPPM ..... .

Sandmans is not RPPM but an 115 ICD proc, and a tricky one.

On the one hand, It lines up good with Dark Soul cooldown of 120 seconds. Crit is also cool.

On the other hand, it is really bitchy. Especially for Aff.

I'm a bit biased against Sandmans because I suffered enough from it in Highmaul.

DB Demo doesn't want SoN. You may get lucky proc each 2nd cycle, and it's good. I would use Sandman + QR here

DemServ Demo, on the other hand, wants SoN but it's ok with Sandman. I would go for Sandman + QR here once again, because ilvl gap is significant

Aff hates Sandman, because crit is little use and proc will be weird and Haste is OP for it. SoN + QR.

I really should just get a mod to sticky a thread about this at this point.

Chaos Wave on 2+ targets whenever dark soul is active.

HoG whenever dark soul isn't active.

On iron maidens, run cata w/ glyph of DS. Pool HoG charges for dark soul to dump chaos waves, collect hilarious cleave dps.

Edited by gahhda

I updated the opener in simc. Turns out that what I was doing this whole time with the 4pc is correct.

http://gyazo.com/4b5e499a4ea9915c6555e6ec06678b07

http://gyazo.com/01b2f238eb22d182f5c506f201f50f12

Sample sequence (1 of 25000 iterations).

My basic concept was that, particularly with the 4pc, you can game HoG uptime during dark soul really really hard. I noticed that I was struggling to maintain meta for more than the first 10 seconds of dark soul to begin with, so the next logical step was, what if I canceled early to refresh HoG? Turns out, pretty good idea.

You can cancel meta as the first HoG is ending, refresh, sbolt a few times, hog a 4th time, and then still have time to dump ~most of your DF before dark soul ends. This way you get full benefit of 4 hog casts during dark soul, and 3 are cast at 2 stacks.

You lose minimal doomguard damage because of the new 25 second duration, as long as you use it within the first 5 seconds after service is cast, you get the full 20 second benefit. It is, however, true that on pull you desync dark soul from trinkets, so the service doomguard does lose some minor dps.

I feel I am struggling with Demo bleed parts. How much fury do I bleed for say Ring proc, Mastery enchant (all, none, etc). How many MC SF should I waste during this time as well?

I read to have like 6+ going into DS but I admit I don't think I ever manage that. I just did Black Hand pug. here are my logs, maybe you guys can help. I took Imp Swam as I have Mythic SoN + HDUT so figure as long as one of them up, it a dps gain with the glyph when I pop it. (correct me plz?)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GL1MZPrAND2yKzwv/#source=1

*Edit* I pretty sure I doing it all wrong / most of it

Edited by Nytemare

CW is surely better on Maidens.

I tried to made math once, but failed. Common sense says to me that it Crits, Multistrikes and is buffed by DS much more than HoG.

C'mon, you've reached them on MYTHIC and still don't know what is good for you??dry.pngbiggrin.png

My gut was telling me CW yea, but i like to pass it along others too :D i've been the only warlock in our guild since 6.0 so yea, I have nobody to talk this over (altough we finally got a new one 2 weeks ago finally). just used to being alone.

I really should just get a mod to sticky a thread about this at this point.

Chaos Wave on 2+ targets whenever dark soul is active.

HoG whenever dark soul isn't active.

On iron maidens, run cata w/ glyph of DS. Pool HoG charges for dark soul to dump chaos waves, collect hilarious cleave dps.

You're right Gahhda, honestly it's been so long since i've read the complete guide i just forgot about that :)

At least we're keeping the forums alive!

Quick question. Do the >10% haste diminishing returns still apply with 6.1? I notice that all/most of the BiS items have a lot of haste, and I am now sitting around 14% haste unbuffed. Am I getting much more benefit post DB nerf than I would have been getting pre-nerf?

Probably off topic, but I've been thinking about it for awhile.
I've got a bunch of off-tier pieces together with 4pc normal, so it became a problem for me which piece to keep and what to replace.
I got all 5 pieces from normal(non-WF) and off pieces like that:

685 Robe of Necrotic Whispers (HM Mythic, Haste+Multistrike)
685 Heroic Kromog Shoulders (forgot what's the name, Haste + Crit)
685 Stonewarper Wraps (HC, with Vers and Mastery)

My common sense told me that I should replace the chest, as it simply gives more stat than shoulders/hands of equal ilvl.
However, my crit count is now ridiculosly low - sitting at 480 - and Haste actually pulls ahead.
Will my lack of crit really affect my DPS that bad? Haste doesn't work good with Cata and it's just where I shine.

Also, a bit stupid question/concern - why does Mainhand+Offhand Combo gives 5 intellect and few Spell Damage less than a Staff of equal ilvl? That's what I see when I compare my Gruul staff with Fang of the Earth + Caged Living Ooze (all HC).

Yeah, self buffed, I am very haste heavy 17% and crit is 144! I didn't realise how out of whack I had become but then I haven't really had options. I basically get gear or I don't regardless of the stats on it. 

Have you actually considered Paracel that it may be your multistrike, or lack of it, that is holding you back? I gather that after mastery we should have a nice balance of each (though like I said before this is not always possible). Do you ever sim? Not that it is possible to really set up fights like we get in BRF but may suggest something. 

No idea why the MH/OH is less but basically it appears most casters are going for a staff (in my experience).

P.S. Oh I finally got my 2 set!

A few hundred points of stats are fairly meaningless when trying to gauge tangible DPS increases. You gain far more from having your Crit trinket proc during AoE spam than worrying about not having the right stat balance.

Thank you for replying. Point taken but trinky procs we have no control over. Then again I do not much control over stats either :P 

Sometimes I feel the need for more defensive cooldowns so in that case would the Glyph of Unending Resolve be ok? I know that it is overall loss but 3 minutes is too long sometimes. Or should I actually be using Dark Regen over Soul Leech anyhow?

Yeah I used to but then I unglyphed the resolve but every 3 minutes is not that much. Raid leaders are always saying use def CDs, use CDS on this and on that etc so sometimes I feel like I need loads of them especially on rng streaks. However, that is probably more directed to the squishy mages etc as like you say warlocks are much harder to kill.  

Edited by spikeysquad

Probably off topic, but I've been thinking about it for awhile.

I've got a bunch of off-tier pieces together with 4pc normal, so it became a problem for me which piece to keep and what to replace.

I got all 5 pieces from normal(non-WF) and off pieces like that:

685 Robe of Necrotic Whispers (HM Mythic, Haste+Multistrike)

685 Heroic Kromog Shoulders (forgot what's the name, Haste + Crit)

685 Stonewarper Wraps (HC, with Vers and Mastery)

15 level difference on those items compare to normal ones. That's a decent amount of stats no? Is that really worth the set bonus? 

So for Heroic Gruul, which my guild does in 4 minutes, when do I do my two burn phases for the most leet parse? 100% with lust and 20%? Or get some DF for the first one because the cool down doesn't matter?

You mean 3 Dark Soul burn phases?

On pull because you have potion and service and 2x trinkets if you pre pull correctly (have first cast already in air before combat is started).

Again with just Dark Soul at 2 minutes (can be before if you have enough Fury and MC stacks and have an opportunity to line up procs. You'll likely be capping Fury a minute into the fight so be liberal with procs).

Sub 20% with third Dark Soul and second Grimoire: Doomguard with potion, hopefully lined up with a few procs.

You need to basically be 100% sure the fight won't last longer than 4 minutes. If you lose a few members and the fight lasts 4 mins 30, then you fucked yourself by losing out on a whole use of Service.

Yeah I used to but then I unglyphed the resolve but every 3 minutes is not that much. Raid leaders are always saying use def CDs, use CDS on this and on that etc so sometimes I feel like I need loads of them especially on rng streaks. However, that is probably more directed to the squishy mages etc as like you say warlocks are much harder to kill.  

I too generally run the SL/ER combo.  2 min, 3 min... 4 min... it doesn't matter, its generally a very unique instance I'd need that type of DR and so far there has not been a need in BRF.  All fights that have huge dmg spikes where you'd want a 40%/60% for.. your stacking healer CDs and your personal is really not required (especially with a passive 30% running).

I just picked up BMC (heroic) to finally replace CC. My other trinket is heroic GSR. When GSR procs I've been jumping into Meta to cast SF. But what about when  BMC proc goes off?  I assume it's a strong enough proc to justify popping meta and casting either SF or TC. Obviously if it's coupled with GSR I should cast SF, but what about if BMC procs alone? Just spam TC and keep pooling SF for DS/GSR?

I also feel like my opener is much weaker now that I've lost CC. I'm guessing that's normal given how nice CC's on use is. Anything I should be doing differently in opener with BMC? I don't have any set bonuses.

So as I am trying to ensure that I use SF with my best procs can someone check I have this in the correct order please?

DS (30% Mastery)

GSR HC (2304 Crit)

Potion (1000 Intellect)

BMC HC (up to 3140 Multistrike)

Ring Proc 690 (450 Intellect)

Weapon  (500 Mastery)

BL/TW (30% Haste)

DuT HC (2304 haste)

I really have no clue where Synergy (15% damage) should go. I am thinking perhaps just above the ring? For something like DB/Cata though its worth is much much higher.

I am not in game so some numbers may be wrong. I don't have BMC so it's more of a guess on its worth and of course its strength changes hence it got lowered slightly.