FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

6.1 Demonology Guide

Mostly irrelevant at 90 as the raid should be significantly easier for 6.0.  It should be like it is currently where even if you go ToC > SF, it won't send you to the bottom of the charts - not even likely much of a difference at all.  Shit, my #1 Malkorok parse is still there where ToC was higher than my Soul Fire damage.  Just the way it works out some times. 

For 100, Glyph will be mandatory and you're going to pump and dump with your Demonic Fury with Demonbolt, not Soul Fire, so Soul Fire should be used with charges whenever. 

Mostly irrelevant at 90 as the raid should be significantly easier for 6.0.  It should be like it is currently where even if you go ToC > SF, it won't send you to the bottom of the charts - not even likely much of a difference at all.  Shit, my #1 Malkorok parse is still there where ToC was higher than my Soul Fire damage.  Just the way it works out some times. 

For 100, Glyph will be mandatory and you're going to pump and dump with your Demonic Fury with Demonbolt, not Soul Fire, so Soul Fire should be used with charges whenever. 

You assume DB won't get nerfed into oblivion :D. My hopes aren't that high. I feel like we should be more certain about shit with 1 month until launch...but there really just isn't way to know wtf they're going to do to warlocks at the last second, which is sad.

Just posted Simulations of Synergy vs Supremacy vs Service for Single Target.

Synergy = Supremacy > Service.  Syngery and Supremacy were remarkably close.  I feel like Supremacy is the way to go here just because it removes an RNG proc and gives a guaranteed, consistent source of damage.  It would, however, feel like Synergy might be the go to if you could get a proc during your mega Demonbolt burst.  Tough call - looks like you can justify either way.  Service falls short here.

Synergy = Supremacy > Service.  Syngery and Supremacy were remarkably close.  I feel like Supremacy is the way to go here just because it removes an RNG proc and gives a guaranteed, consistent source of damage.  It would, however, feel like Synergy might be the go to if you could get a proc during your mega Demonbolt burst.  Tough call - looks like you can justify either way.  Service falls short here.

You're seeing vastly different things than what I am then.

Edited by gahhda

I'm working out of T17M profiles.  Haven't touched T16H since you told me no one cared lol

Also tested 2 and 3 targets - Wrathguard is a fucking truck. 

2 Targets

Supremacy - 47,362

Syngery - 45,543

Service - 44,115

3 Targets

Supremacy - 52,482

Synergy - 48,720

Service - 47,284

Gahhda, there are no AoE profiles in the new Simcraft - safe to import from 5.4.8 version and update APL language and run it?

• Like 1

Don't try to do aoe for demo, it's a bad idea. Many things will break. Also, trying to make demonbolt function with any form of multi-target is probably going to be impossible unless you devote days of your life.

Also...the apls are outdated. Results mean nothing until the APL functions properly, as of right now it basically doesn't even work without demonbolt, and demonbolt can be higher.

Edited by gahhda

Ok - I'll limit it to 2 to 3.  I figured Synergy would work well with pets, but Supremacy doesn't surprise me with the buff to pets in the perk giving them more crit and haste.  Just seems to make him a truck.  I simulated 20 targets for fun - holy shit Wrathguard, lay off the cocaine son!

LOL, I swapped to Cataclysm with Supremacy and put it on 20 targets.  Top DPS was Doom, Cata, Hand of Gul'dan, Wrathstorm, Mortal Cleave.  I proc'd 2744 Imps in 5 minutes and had a Metamorphosis uptime of 91%.  I love this shit.

• Like 1

Calling me a nerd is a compliment. 

PS: dude in your gif definitely had Taco Bell for lunch and is super angry about it 2 hours later.

• Like 1

Big updates to the demo APL coming down the pipe. I'll be working on affli/destro for the better part of tonight while levi handles demo.

• Like 1

God super stoked to go back to demo finally, can't wait for demonbolt.

Probably gonna get rid of Aff in 6.0, seems miserable with all the changes to SS and SB+SS and an absolute bore on single target fights with no more snapshotting. 

LOL, I swapped to Cataclysm with Supremacy and put it on 20 targets.  Top DPS was Doom, Cata, Hand of Gul'dan, Wrathstorm, Mortal Cleave.  I proc'd 2744 Imps in 5 minutes and had a Metamorphosis uptime of 91%.  I love this shit.

I want to see this.  Also, that's a lot of imps, 554.8/min -> ~9.25/second.  9 imps per second.......I just don't even...... That's an average of +462.3 DF/second over a 5 min fight with that many imps, and an average of 92.5 imps out at any given second.  Kinda curious as to how much DF was wasted in this now.  I'm also pretty sure you'd break WoW (not only with server crashes from a metric shit ton of imps, but also the fact that you somehow didn't kill 20 targets within 5 mins).  Ofc, this scenario is never going to happen in game, but still.....wow.

Edited by Orthios
  • Like 2

Format suggestion: table of contents at the top please

Also have any idea the number of targets needed for cata to take over DB?

My guess is about 3 or 4, seems reasonable.

Waiting for Maths to confirm, but would be awkward if it was 5+. I feel it should be better than DB on council fights which typically have 3 bosses where they can be stacked, and amazing on anything with lots of AoE.

Is this talent priority valid for SoO 6.0 (90 level), too?

And in multi target fights like Protectors, Galakras, Shamans, Spoils, ecc? Again Synergy/Supremacy > Service?

Again, thanks for all of your work.

Edited by Mero

Synergy and Supremacy are just about totally even at lvl 90 and at lvl 100 for 1 and 2 target fights. Once you get to 3 target + Supremacy starts to pull ahead by a fairly large margin. 

Gotta say, hearing that Supremacy is equal to or better than Synergy makes me happy, since I love my Wrathguard and his double weapons.

Gotta say, hearing that Supremacy is equal to or better than Synergy makes me happy, since I love my Wrathguard and his double weapons.

This. Did someone say Brutal Gladiator's Greatswords or Armageddons?

Love these shits.

Lol, Cataclysm just sounds broken for that and something I can not wait for!.. but at the same time... If we get a situation where we have that many Doom place holders to get that type of fury generation, just how OP could tunneling mad high stacks of DemonBolt be?  Probably the time and DF needed to reapply every minute would diminish the result vs just Meta SF spamming

Posting mobile. Wife is interviewing to be my sugar momma (aka med school) so I'm out of shop. Please remember the work Gahhda does with simcraft along with all those at simcraft.

With that said, everything is very close. Blizzard did a great job of really balancing talents. Also remember these are all tests and not to be taken as gospel. It's easy to get excited but gotta keep ourselves grounded.

Once the aoe profiles are updated in simcraft, I have a few models to test. Dem servitude vs cataclysm, supremacy vs synergy vs service, and then moving stats around. Intuitively, cata feels great 4+ because of doom applications. This means demo will play very differently depending on fight. However as strong as Demonbolt is, we may be the single target burners while others aoe. All I know is we get to feel specs on Tuesday and I'm very very excited. Please, for my sanity and those who read these forums - remember to not speak in absolutes and remind others things are tested all the time.

I'll be back in shop Sunday afternoon. Please bring findings and discoveries here as you go into mythic raiding this week.