FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

6.1 Demonology Guide

Nytemare, racials really wont make or break you anymore. Pick the race you prefer to look at! If you do choose one with an on use ability, yes, only use it with Dark Soul. I'd have to do a little more digging but I'm almost certain it wouldn't influence the general uselessness of Glyph of Imp Swarm.

Nytemare, racials really wont make or break you anymore. Pick the race you prefer to look at! If you do choose one with an on use ability, yes, only use it with Dark Soul. I'd have to do a little more digging but I'm almost certain it wouldn't influence the general uselessness of Glyph of Imp Swarm.

My main is a human that was made due to how they looked. This one I was aiming to be more min/maxing to see how I do.

I wouldn't delay Berserking for Dark Soul...

On a long enough fight you'll miss out on uses.

Ok so other words use it on CD, that is cool

Yeah but be smart about it. If the fight will end before 3 minutes then hold it to line up with all you got.

Same if you need to burst a certain part of the encounter you can hold it. Also if for whatever reason DS is like 10s away then it's ok to delay slightly.

Is synergy + servitude a viable choice for demo? I think I read somewhere that it is, however I'm pretty confused at the moment.

GoSyn and DemServ and I assume that you're meaning for ST damage? Anyhow, yes yes Simcraft is not very exact and who knows what settings the operators chose but it's the only thing that I can link without going surfing through multiple logs. So Summonstone and MMO Champion. Both put it over 2k less (per second) than Serv/Serv. 

Just curious but why do you want to change Glorn? Personally I dislike Synergy and its randomness and the big pets pack a fair punch. 

Edited by spikeysquad

GoSyn and DemServ and I assume that you're meaning for ST damage? Anyhow, yes yes Simcraft is not very exact and who knows what settings the operators chose but it's the only thing that I can link without going surfing through multiple logs. So Summonstone and MMO Champion. Both put it over 2k less (per second) than Serv/Serv. 

Just curious but why do you want to change Glorn? Personally I dislike Synergy and its randomness and the big pets pack a fair punch. 

Personally, synergy can give out some serious burst if you can manage a proc with a DS burn.

It's really nice on fights where I can hit my execute DS with a syn buff. 

The damage output is insanity. 

I really dislike service, I have trouble lining it up, sometimes I have it off cd but its not the right moment to use it along with DS, I time my DS for a time where I have to move as little as I can, service ruins my plans sometimes because I don't want to delay it too long.

Hello again, looking for advice on Mythic Oregorger dps.I use Service/DemServ. I feel like my dps goes to crap during rolling phase. What do you guys do? Do you have pet on passive and just let your doomguard follow Oregorger during roll phase? Do you dps crates (I feel like my group destroys it easily and the only thing I can do dps is when I use Chaos Waves) Or do you just attack Oregorger the entire roll phase? 

Also, is there any optimal opener for Mythic Iron Maidens? I know they move one of them that you can only cata two at once. Been messing around and I feel like I'm always changing my opener.

Any advice would be appreciated! 

Hello again, looking for advice on Mythic Oregorger dps.I use Service/DemServ. I feel like my dps goes to crap during rolling phase. What do you guys do? Do you have pet on passive and just let your doomguard follow Oregorger during roll phase? Do you dps crates (I feel like my group destroys it easily and the only thing I can do dps is when I use Chaos Waves) Or do you just attack Oregorger the entire roll phase? 

Also, is there any optimal opener for Mythic Iron Maidens? I know they move one of them that you can only cata two at once. Been messing around and I feel like I'm always changing my opener.

Any advice would be appreciated! 

For ore, place your pet in the middle, so he can hit him as he rolls around most of the time, you do your thing for crates with your team until you're no longer needed then put it all into ore.

For maidens, if using cata, I found it best to open up normally, getting cata on the 2 and then dooming the last target when I can move into normal position.

For ore, place your pet in the middle, so he can hit him as he rolls around most of the time, you do your thing for crates with your team until you're no longer needed then put it all into ore.

For maidens, if using cata, I found it best to open up normally, getting cata on the 2 and then dooming the last target when I can move into normal position.

Ah thanks for the advice on Oregorger, will def try it on next reset. And I figured on Maidens, since I tried to open with pre-pot cata on some pulls just for the hell of it, i t didn't work out great in mid fight.

so will this make any damn bit of a difference after Demos huge nerf?

Demonology

• Mastery: Master Demonologist now increases damage dealt by the Warlock and their demon servants by 1.25% per mastery (up from 0.96%), and further increases damage dealt by Touch of Chaos, Chaos Wave, Doom, Immolation Aura, and Soul Fire while in Metamorphosis by 2.5% per mastery (up from 1.92%). has decreased in effectiveness by 4%.

nm, just saw this in the other thread.

Edited by vaeevictiss

Anyone know why the bracer from BF are consider BIS over Zone drop ones? BF = Multi/Crit, vs Zone of Crit/Mastery I believe.

The zone drops are BiS.

Yeah thanks for confirming that, I was confused why all bis list I been seeing, has BF ones, so figured I would ask.

I'd suggest it's because the Bracers of Darkened Skies do not exist! (Only seen them once in who knows how many runs now...). Curious which BiS lists you follow then Nytemare.

I'd suggest it's because the Bracers of Darkened Skies do not exist! (Only seen them once in who knows how many runs now...). Curious which BiS lists you follow then Nytemare.

The main one is from 6.1 demo guide on Dark Intent written by Zag, I usually aim to read his guides and liquid over anyone else, as they shown to know what they are doing. Only starting with SoO I been part of any raid team that has not fallen part in a week, that down current content, before that, I spent my times just doing lfr and dung all these years as a lock. So I am a vet as being a lock (since van), but a noob when it comes to being a lock at higher content then dung/lfr/normal

Ah that's fair enough Nytemare. I tend to look at 4 different guides/forums currently and usually whatever the majority says tends to be true. I do really like the atmosphere here though for the most part.

Glad to hear that your raiding is going so well now. I think that for the majority of players it is a never ending learning process but that in my opinion makes it fun!

Sure this will probably be answered soon in 6.2 guides but hopefully someone knows before I go too wrong.

So been playing around with DB (on live) which I haven't done for like 30+ item levels. So now I have more fury than I know what to do with. So assuming we are doing doing a DBx4 rotation what should I spend the excess on? I guess we can now spare a little on ToC if needed and then is it the same as DemServ as in CW (at least while we have T17) with multiple procs that will fall off and then meta SFs? 

DB dump every 45 or 60 seconds? Back to the whole grey area. 

Feels like I have too much haste at least compared to how it used to play but I still only have 10% in my "crit set" and probably cannot drop much more.

Edited by spikeysquad

Ive been bleeding with ToC and SF and just casting DB on cooldown.

Glyph of Dark Soul and this philosophy is Demonology in T18.  Moar DBs.  Always.

6.2 Advice

Looking to use Demonology on Hellfire Assault, Kormok, and Iskar,  Basically fights where Cataclysm can cause some good damage. My other spec is affliction and will probably be doing all other encounters with that. I am just really not enjoying playing destruction this expansion and my guild is not touching Mythic anytime soon. So really just looking on general advice as far as trinkets/Glyphs and Priorities. Tips on maintaining Demon Rush? Any other fights I should consider?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/icecrown/Lewstelamon/advanced

Only logs I have currently are LFR so please ignore rankings

Warcraft Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/398593/latest/#boss=0

(Select LFR and then Demonology)

Thank guys.

Edited by Drkdragon