FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mephisto

WoD dps crafting

After levelling my Hunter up to 90 and gearing up I thought I'd wait for WoD before working on any crafts.

I read somewhere that none of the trades will have a dps boost associated to them, ie: no future synapse springs equivalent, can anyone confirm this?

I guess I can still create sockets that enable better gems to be mounted so maybe all is not lost.

Actually I have no idea what you are saying xD
But if you ask if there are combat benefits to proffessions, no there are not. Alchemist lose extra flasks, JC's lose the bigger gems and BS loses the extra sockets so on and so on

Depends how you look at it. Direct increases from professions, no. Crafting darkmoon cards from inscription, yes.

But there will be no direct boosts as Berlinia mentioned.

There won't be any profession specific raid perks anymore, so basically just pick your professions based on either what you like, what will make gear for your class, or what will make you gold.

- Tailor (epic cloth gear, epic cloaks, bags) [leg enchants removed]

- Leather Worker (epic leather gear, profession bags) [leg enchants removed]

- Blacksmith ( epic plate gear, a few weapons)

- Jewel Crafting ( rings, necks, gems) [sockets are less common on gear, but gems are super buffed compared to what they are now]

- Inscription (darkmoon cards, staves, glyphs) [shoulder enchants removed]

- Alchemy (potions and flasks, has a trinket that will help in early heroic/CM dungeons)

- Engineering (goggles that are usually very strong in the early expansion, lots of toys) [belt buckles removed]

- Enchanting [number of enchants being reduced considerably. but a few more options among the slots that have enchants]

- Herbalism (supports alchemy and Inscription, makes a lot of money if you have time to spend farming)

- Mining (supports mining and jewel crafting, also makes a lot of money if you have time to spend farming)

- Skinning (worthless unless you're a leatherworker)