FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Liquidsteel

6.1 Destruction Guide

Don't forget KJC cd was decreased to 35 seconds from 60 seconds.  If you stick with Destro on high movement fights, it is definitely more valuable to cast while moving then to have an Dark Soul.

While I am not overly happy that Demo's reign was cut short (at least give it a tier before back to destro) I am somewhat ok with CR being the go to option.  Admittedly, I am not too big on the playstyle of CR and have shunned it to date, but if I have to go back to destro on some fights it will be nice that its at least going to play a bit different.

I didn't initially like DB at all, despised it.  Now I enjoy it, even if I still prefer the playstyle of demo that does not allocate 100% of its fury to 8 seconds every 40 seconds.  I am sure CR will grow on me and I'll enjoy it.

The KJC buff will be very good for Destro CR

P.S. I'm going to give CR Destro a try next week. 

Is the single target opener/rotation still roughly the same?

(considering 0 tier gear)

-Prepot

-Incinerate

-Immolate

----------------Combat Starts---------------

-Dark Soul

-Conflag x2

-While(embers.count != 3.5){ Cast Incinerate }

-Chaos Bolts

Is the single target opener/rotation still roughly the same?

(considering 0 tier gear)

-Prepot

-Incinerate

-Immolate

----------------Combat Starts---------------

-Dark Soul

-Conflag x2

-While(embers.count != 3.5){ Cast Incinerate }

-Chaos Bolts

That was never the opener. Building to 3.5 embers on pull means by the time you start casting Chaos Bolt you have lost all your trinkets and procs. Massive damage loss. 

You aim to get out your first 2 chaos bolts under procs, what you do after that is up to you.

When you pop DS also depends on if you use the DS Glyph or not.

Taken from the post on the front page...

• Like 1

I'm not sure wether this is the right place to post this or not, but:
The 6.1 APL uses Shadowburn when specced into CR even on single target, when DS is active.

actions.single_target+=/shadowburn,if=talent.charred_remains.enabled&(burning_ember>=2.5|buff.dark_soul.up|target.time_to_die<10)
Why is that? Wouldn't you rather use those same embers on CB's? Simcraft shows that Shadowburn has higher DPET on single target than CB, but i thought using SB as an execute now was a dps loss.

LF4DPlf.png

It was only ever a "dps loss" because of low crit levels and Mana considerations afaik. Was anybody really ever ooming from using shadowburn?  I know for sure I didn't.  With CR you build an ember almost as fast as you can cast a CB, so I would imagine the instant DPET to be more effective.  Anecdotal opinion only.

There's still something odd going on. That line of code is forcing SB casts at wierd times, and you end up with ~12-13 casts in a 5 minute patchwerk fight.

On darkintentions Zagam says it's because ideally you would like to finish a fight with no embers, so might as well cast SB in the last possible 10 seconds, but it makes no sense that you would get 12-13 casts off, which means it's being triggered in some other way. Also, by changing that line to simply

actions.single_target+=/shadowburn,if=talent.charred_remains.enabled&(target.time_to_die<10)

i actually found a (very minor) dps increase, which further suggests there's something wierd going on with the code.

When is the ilvl should I be aiming for to switch from Sup:Serv to Sac:CR?

I'm assuming it would be in the 675+ range, but that may still be a bit too low. I would very much like a concrete answer to this as well, if there is one to be had.

There isn't a concrete answer. CR+Sac naturally pulls ahead the more Mastery you have, and is much better at Cleave / AoE from the get go.

A general rule of thumb is to have 4 pc and a GSR, however you'd need to see for yourself which pulls ahead. If you're struggling with movement then Serv/Sup will likely win out.

Let's not forget that raid buff to Mastery is a ton of stat, much more valuable for CR rather than Serv.

I can think of no scenario in BRF where CR can really lack behind besides Gruul and being really bad with CR gameplay-wise.

Destro still loses a ton of output due to movement, whether you have pet or not. Right positioning can minimize your movement(like on Hans/Frans) and AoE/Cleave as almost always present.

• 4pc bonus can proc more often from CR.
  • Trinket reaction is better for CR.
  • Shadowburn potential is bigger for CR.
  • AoE potential is bigger for CR.
  • Crit is not really needed for CR and that stat is somewhat lacking in BRF loot, unlike Mastery.

That's why I think CR>Serv in any case.

Also, side question - why Serv/Sup rather than Serv/Serv?

Edited by Paracel

Also, side question - why Serv/Sup rather than Serv/Serv?

No reason. I main Demonology but want to play with Destro and was more looking for when I could jump into the GrSac/CR because it sounds like a blast.

Just out of curiosity, and no not wanting to start a war, does anyone really enjoy CR/GoSac? To be clear I haven't played that much with it yet, just some dummy stuff and a run through LFR but I really didn't enjoy it. I guess you could say it is higher paced as 2-6 build casts then you need to dump again. However. because I am dumping so much it makes Chaos Bolt seem less special to me. I also think as you are in danger of capping so much (with the 2 set) then a lot of finesse is lost over in the decision of when to CB. Dump or cap rather than DS is coming in 30 seconds I must prepare now. Yes, you still want full embers but that takes a fraction of the time. 

Am I missing something? Some complexity or wow factor? I did like "original" Destro though not love it. Yes, I am aware I need to maximise havoc use and minimise movement etc but specifically to CR what is the difficulty that makes the great players?

Hate CR because I really can't play it. Lacking on the new concept, probably. It just doesn't fit my mind, for some reason.

I'd say sacrifice for sure. CR+Grimsac AOE is all AoE Chaos Bolts and Shadowburn cleave. Pets don't scale with multiple targets.

Although you may be able to get better single target with Supremacy if you absolutely don't need any AOE. Doomguard does help with the multiple <20% burn phases.

I don't think AoE Chaos Bolts benefit from GoSac do they? Same as normal FnB.

If all you were doing is AoE then I believe Supremacy is better (like if you got to solo Immerseus adds on farm to pad). However most fights aren't pure AoE and GoSac benefits the Havoc and regular CB / SB. 

Quick question - 2pc of t17/4pc for Aff works only with your last Corruption.

For Destro, I can't really judge from tooltip - does it work with any of your Immolates or just with the last one, like with other specs? (ember generation proc)

All I believe as well as it would never happen as much as it does and hence probably partly why Destro has so good sustained AoE. 

Demo actually works with all Corruptions as well so DoT everything! 

(Yes, I could be wrong). 

It seems like demo is all corruptions active, it feels like it procs a lot more in multi target.

I actually got GSR finally so as I already had Destro CR-GoSac is now my practice spec (sorry Locky). So I did Slagworks in LFR yesterday. The first 2 bosses went ok considering but have a few questions:

1. So from the guide I should I be under 2.5ish-3 embers for the 2 set? It was rather hard for me to stay under (and also not to cap) but that will be a experience thing. I'm assuming though if I am going to DS I should still go almost to the cap?

2. 20 second DS is still the way to go? As I think I can get more CBs out then than during 2 X 10 seconds and from the extra AD bonus. Perhaps it depends on the fight though.

3. Is KJC ever worth it? I was advised to use it back on heroic Imp (though probably mainly due to length of fight) and its since had quite a significant buff. So perhaps on the longer fights? Where is the cut off point?

4. Once the 4 set procs I gather that I should cast CB straight away (even unbuffed) to avoid the Infusion being lost/overwritten?

5. SB (ideally with buffs) is the way to go over CB in execute (excepting 4 set proc)? Then ideally Havoc some on the multi-target fights as well. If SB is that much stronger then I assume I should be saving a DS and potion for the execute? Assuming no other nuke phase. 

6. When log reading what's good to look out for? I'm guessing at least 6(?) CBs during each (20 sec) DS. Then ideally multiple CBs under other non-haste procs and not capping ember bits. A lot though I had to just dump a lot of single CBs here and there from fear of capping. I know the general Destro stuff about Immolate uptime, Havoc use and the like. 

Thanks for your time.

Edited by spikeysquad