FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Liquidsteel

6.1 Destruction Guide

Just to confirm that with GoSac my DPS is the same regardless of pet used? The question more being do I want an interrupt, dispel (if that works again now), knockback or the health increase thing? 

Just to confirm that with GoSac my DPS is the same regardless of pet used? The question more being do I want an interrupt, dispel (if that works again now), knockback or the health increase thing? 

Yup. That's exactly what GoSac is.

I actually got GSR finally so as I already had Destro CR-GoSac is now my practice spec (sorry Locky). So I did Slagworks in LFR yesterday. The first 2 bosses went ok considering but have a few questions:

1. So from the guide I should I be under 2.5ish-3 embers for the 2 set? It was rather hard for me to stay under (and also not to cap) but that will be a experience thing. I'm assuming though if I am going to DS I should still go almost to the cap?

2. 20 second DS is still the way to go? As I think I can get more CBs out then than during 2 X 10 seconds and from the extra AD bonus. Perhaps it depends on the fight though.

3. Is KJC ever worth it? I was advised to use it back on heroic Imp (though probably mainly due to length of fight) and its since had quite a significant buff. So perhaps on the longer fights? Where is the cut off point?

4. Once the 4 set procs I gather that I should cast CB straight away (even unbuffed) to avoid the Infusion being lost/overwritten?

5. SB (ideally with buffs) is the way to go over CB in execute (excepting 4 set proc)? Then ideally Havoc some on the multi-target fights as well. If SB is that much stronger then I assume I should be saving a DS and potion for the execute? Assuming no other nuke phase. 

6. When log reading what's good to look out for? I'm guessing at least 6(?) CBs during each (20 sec) DS. Then ideally multiple CBs under other non-haste procs and not capping ember bits. A lot though I had to just dump a lot of single CBs here and there from fear of capping. I know the general Destro stuff about Immolate uptime, Havoc use and the like. 

Thanks for your time.

1. 20-25 embers is your way as they fill pretty fast and 2pc is a thing.

2. 10 seconds for me working pretty good because I can stack it with crit proc/ring more efficenlty.

20 seconds window hurts, I'd say - you really waste a lot of it because your Incies aren't that great anymore.

3. Ability to hold your DS and all that jazz of AD is far superior to KJC.

4. It's 30 seconds. Delay it if you have DS/Havoc soon or waiting your trinkets.

5. Yeah, that's it. Don't forget to use Terrorguard.

6. Probably just Havoc count and proc sync, like it used to be. Counting CBs would be a mess - too much of them. 

Destro is so proccy these days.

I'd only use Glyph of Dark Soul if I was looking to maximise short AoE phases. I'm just not a huge fan of 10s cooldowns, they feel super short. 

Not saying it's wrong, however.

Thanks for the replies. I had pretty much sorted out the other questions but I just had a slight blip when I realised I didn't know what pet I should be using. Is the Voidy Shadow Bulwark any good for soaking something? I mean I still lose the same HP so healers will still be healing me as they see a low box and as a lock I am unlikely to die anyhow compared to anyone else. Well except on something like Mythic Maidens soaking but I will not be getting there anyhow (or running Destro!) 

Terrorguard always in execute Paracel? From the ranked logs that I have looked at for both Gruul (nice result Shizwix!) and Hans & Franz they seem to always pop him at the start regardless of when BL/Hero is.  I only managed to look at a few though as the site was on a go slow and I gave up.

I'm syncing Terrorguard with Bloodlust usually, and it's either on pull or in execute, depending on fight. That haste buff > execute buff for Doombolts, IMO.

Void saving button works just like your regular save, actually, my only one in Destro(using both passive talents and passive resolve glyph.) You get your bonus HP, get damaged, then lose your bonus HP but your percentages remains the same. Also cool when damage spikes are real.

I have only come back to WoD after a long absence and have found that there seems to be few spell icons showing up on raid bosses, i.e. my Immolate generally is all by itself.  I seem to recall that I would see the boss with several stacks of Immolate whenever I was in a raid with other Destruction Warlocks.  Why am I not seeing that icon with stack numbers on it?

I assume you are using the UI that comes with the game, no modifications? If so, they may have changed it so only your debuffs are displayed.