FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Liquidsteel

6.1 Destruction Guide

Also keep in mind that F&B Immolate dmg is reduced by the F&B modifier, so the AoE immolates from Cata are much stronger.

Oh. My. I should have thought of that. <3

Cataclysm is actually good for Destruction?

It's great for 5 mans but only on trash.  Anytime there's a single target boss, your damage will fall behind that of Demonic Servitude.  Terrorguard is legit.  For raiding, Cataclysm will be useless unless there is sporadic spawning of adds on 60 second intervals that necessitate burst.  Charred Remains is in a sad, sad state so your only two options are Cata vs DS and DS wins by a large amount single target.

YES! It's by far my favorite of the three 100 talents for 5-mans. I expect that Servitude will win out for bosses in raids, but Cataclysm for AoE pulls does ridiculous damage.

You got it.  Nothing like bursting over 100k on 5 targets or higher when it multistrikes!  I suspect a lot of CM Warlocks will have two Destruction specs - one for trash and one for bosses.

If you need the AoE damage, then yes by all means take Cataclysm! But my point was that in fights where you have non priority adds to pad on, the damage lost on the boss by taking Cataclysm over Servitude will not be worth it.

Sad that Charred Remains isn't an option here.  I hope this is addressed soon.

Part of me wishes they would scrap charred remains and make it Fel Flame.

Part of me wishes KJC just made Fel Flame a spell again.  Charred Remains is a great concept - just really inefficient at this point.

• Like 2

I initially thought demonic servitude was a boring sounding talent, but I'm actually liking it a lot mostly because Bizz added some flavor to the two demons in the form of some new abilities.  It feels like it adds a bit more flavor to destro.  Still wish demo was better though.  I'm pretty comfortable with the terrorguard by now (and really impressed with how much damage it does).  But I don't really know what to make of the abyssal.  It's tanky and can aoe, but is it any good?  In what situation would it be better than taking the terrorguard or speccing into cataclysm?  

Because I WANT to use the abyssal.  It looks so god damn awesome but it's been such a weak demon for so long.

edit: also my Abyssal's name is Ravecore, which sounds like a fucking metal band.

Edited by KoragonArt

I initially thought demonic servitude was a boring sounding talent, but I'm actually liking it a lot mostly because Bizz added some flavor to the two demons in the form of some new abilities.  It feels like it adds a bit more flavor to destro.  Still wish demo was better though.  I'm pretty comfortable with the terrorguard by now (and really impressed with how much damage it does).  But I don't really know what to make of the abyssal.  It's tanky and can aoe, but is it any good?  In what situation would it be better than taking the terrorguard or speccing into cataclysm?  

Because I WANT to use the abyssal.  It looks so god damn awesome but it's been such a weak demon for so long.

edit: also my Abyssal's name is Ravecore, which sounds like a fucking metal band.

I got Cindercore, which is sick.  I used him while grinding quests at 100, especially rare mobs.  He's pretty powerful as a tank and comes with a taunt, AoE stun, and the big part - an auto dispel.  It's like he has an Imp baked in along with some parts of the Observer.  For dungeons and raiding, I can't see him being utilitized much because his melees are weak while his damage comes from Immolation and Meteor Storm. 

I got Cindercore, which is sick.  I used him while grinding quests at 100, especially rare mobs.  He's pretty powerful as a tank and comes with a taunt, AoE stun, and the big part - an auto dispel.  It's like he has an Imp baked in along with some parts of the Observer.  For dungeons and raiding, I can't see him being utilitized much because his melees are weak while his damage comes from Immolation and Meteor Storm. 

Service infernal is going to be good for a few fights. Dat aoe burst doe. Also, infernochip. I CALL HIM CHIP AND HE IS MY FRIEND AND I LOVE HIM.

New ideas for CR?

- Spend half the embers you normally do (good for single target or touch call AoE)

- CD that greatly improves ember regen and boosts damage of spenders for a short time ( still maximizable but can have downsides if used wrong, unlike Doomie)

- remove entirely (best option by a mile)

New ideas for CR?

- Spend half the embers you normally do (good for single target or touch call AoE)

- CD that greatly improves ember regen and boosts damage of spenders for a short time ( still maximizable but can have downsides if used wrong, unlike Doomie)

I don't remember the specifics but I think one of the earlier iterations of the current Destro 4-piece was that you could proc a free, hasted Chaos Bolt.

I suggested the idea of expanding that to all specs through Chaotic Resources.  Affliction would proc a window of free shard usage to spread Haunts or Soul Swapped DoTs, Demo could proc a window of free Fury consumption, and Destro could proc a window of free Ember consumption. 

Atleast it would have both single target and multi-target applications (unlike Demonbolt) to match Cataclysm and Servitude (though it would be weaker for Destro when there are enough targets to reliably cap Embers in AoE).  It certainly fits the name of the talent better, but smarter and more creative community members can certainly think of something better than this.

At the most basic, it could simply be the on-demand Secondary Resource generation that some have been asking for since MoP Beta.  Push a button and receive a certain amount of Shards/Fury/Embers on a suitable CD.

This is certainly my own opinion, but I find Charred Remains and Demonbolt to be too intrusive to the way the specs normally play out, and Soulburn: Haunt is just boring.  The talent could be so much better for each spec.

Edited by RethulUrNo

I got Cinderchip. 

LOL, GO GET 'EM, CHIP!  Sorry, I always envision a small ankle biting dog with the name Chip.  I also knew one dude in my life named Chip and he was a tool.

Scorchcrush checking in.

Not bad. 

New ideas for CR?

You and I think alike on the first point.  I think it needs fixed - it provides a sustained, big AoE option for Warlocks of which we have none at the moment.  CR just needs adjusted a bit.  It won't be, so it'll be like AD was before it was AD (Archimode's Vengeance - remember that bullshit talent?)

• Like 1

First time post and its a solution to the terrorguard renaming problem ; use the doomguard option and it works, that is unless Blizz actually fix it with todays downtime. Great guides btw guys , superb work.

• Like 3

First time post and its a solution to the terrorguard renaming problem ; use the doomguard option and it works, that is unless Blizz actually fix it with todays downtime. Great guides btw guys , superb work.

Thanks for this - was hoping to figure out a work around.  Thanks for the comment!  Also, welcome!

• Like 1

Dude near the Warlock trainers in Orgrimmar.  I'm ashamed to admit I've spent well over 10,000 gold getting all my pets to names I enjoy.

• Like 1

So what's ur guys thoughts on trinkets? I know theres a trinket section on the guide but thats Foundry stuff. Both BoE ones? CC+ one of the Highmauls?

If you wanna drop tons of gold on Copeland's Clarity, it'll be a great trinket for time being.  I personally am not going to drop the 600k it is on Mal'Ganis.  First up for me is DMF trinket.  I'm ok with the blue Multistrike trinket I have on now.  I'm not even sure what the Highmaul trinkets are so I can't look at them right now.

If you wanna drop tons of gold on Copeland's Clarity, it'll be a great trinket for time being.  I personally am not going to drop the 600k it is on Mal'Ganis.  First up for me is DMF trinket.  I'm ok with the blue Multistrike trinket I have on now.  I'm not even sure what the Highmaul trinkets are so I can't look at them right now.

Bought one last night for 150k. Seemed reasonable to me. 600k is Absurd...

I'd go 100k, maybe.  600k on Mal'Ganis last night.  Let me check right now on the app...

Down to 300k today with a 280k bid.  Ain't happening.