FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Liquidsteel

6.1 Destruction Guide

I checked Undermine journal and saw the average price on most servers.  I was happy to grab mine for 95k seeing as average was still 150-200k.

I dropped gold on the Trinket, Neck, and Cloak.  Seeing as Cloak and Neck are enchant slots, I was able to splurge with the better enchants since they will be equipped for some time.

The trinket itself has been a HUGE boost alone.

I'm excited to get my hands on a Darkmoon Trinket as that Crit proc looks like it will pair well with the sexy spell power proc on the CC trinket for Destro.

I didn't bother with any of the other BoE slots as I had spent enough gold, and the other slots seem to all have Versatility which I felt devalued them greatly. (even if they are clearly better at this stage)

Wouldn't the PvP trinket be a good choice here as well?

660 ilvl with int and int procs seems pretty decent. Am I missing something?

Also keep in mind that F&B Immolate dmg is reduced by the F&B modifier, so the AoE immolates from Cata are much stronger.

Meaning the initial burst of Immolate or the entire duration?

If the damage is gimped for the duration, casting cataclysm to refresh it will convert it to the full-powered version, yes?

I'd go 100k, maybe.  600k on Mal'Ganis last night.  Let me check right now on the app...

Down to 300k today with a 280k bid.  Ain't happening. 

I bought for 40k.

yay

Sucks that they nerfed to 1,1k SP

Wouldn't the PvP trinket be a good choice here as well?

660 ilvl with int and int procs seems pretty decent. Am I missing something?

You're missing the fact that PvP gear scales down in PvE content.

You're missing the fact that PvP gear scales down in PvE content.

Actually pvp gear scales up in pvp content. The epic pvp gear bought with conquest points is 660 in pve and 690 in pvp. But afaik the dps trinkets are either with base int and on use versatility or base versatility and procced int. And you cannot purchase these before the pvp season starts which is probably when the raids open as well.

• Like 1

Actually pvp gear scales up in pvp content. The epic pvp gear bought with conquest points is 660 in pve and 690 in pvp. But afaik the dps trinkets are either with base int and on use versatility or base versatility and procced int. And you cannot purchase these before the pvp season starts which is probably when the raids open as well.

It's when Normal and Heroic open.

You still have a week until Mythic opens to grab any last missing items you didn't get from those two clears.

Firstly, thanks for the guide. I made a warlock in MoP after seeing icy veins for builds and rotation. 

In WoD, for destro it is said that Crit and Mastery are the most important stats but the Apexis Crystal gear have all Versatility and Haste. Would that mean investing on Apexis Gear is a waste for Destro locks?

"Most important" is slight. If you're raiding the Apexis gear isn't going to be worth your time to get really. But if you're not planning on doing mythic content or if you're missing an item or two, then ilvl > stat weight. The int off of better gear will almost always be better no matter what, the secondary stats are very close this xpack. Crit and mastery are better and should always be taken over the others, but they are not the end all and be all.

• Like 1

Meaning the initial burst of Immolate or the entire duration?

If the damage is gimped for the duration, casting cataclysm to refresh it will convert it to the full-powered version, yes?

It should, yes.  

Edited by Soulzar

Two questions for y'all

1) how are people handling mana regeneration as destro? Since shadow burn does not regen mana anymore, I'm running OOM when it comes to execute range. Should we stop RoF temporarily when this happens? Or keep it going and deal with small gaps of no casting?

2) I know MF is the best dps talent for single target dps, but can anyone explain why? 30% crit from AD just sounds so good when you are able to use it on 5 or 6 CB casts.

Edited by Twona

This going oom business is crazy. I know as we get more gear it will become less of an issue but for the time being, not having life tap as destro is frustrating as all he'll in some of these fights since RoF is back in the rotation.

Not sure about the MF question but I think in a pure single target fight with little movement, AD is probably better but those kind of fights are really hard to come by.

I didnt see it listed in your trinket discussion, probably because its ilvl is so much lower than the other trinkets, but is the Sandman's Pouch worth getting?  Even upgraded to level 3?

I think all the cards cost about a total of 31k on my server currently...

Yeah, I'm actively avoiding Shadowburn unless the pull is about to end.  With low/no Haste builds as Destruction, mana will be a problem until we get back to the 15-20% range. 

Also, you should see significantly less OOM situations when you actually have all of your raid buffs.  It's highly unlikely for you to have them all in random 5 mans.  Dungeon mechanics and playstyle should not be equivalent to your raid mechanical playstyle.

I didnt see it listed in your trinket discussion, probably because its ilvl is so much lower than the other trinkets, but is the Sandman's Pouch worth getting?  Even upgraded to level 3?

I think all the cards cost about a total of 31k on my server currently...

If you have the time and money, Copeland's Clarity and Sandman's Pouch will provide a very large boost to your DPS. Indeed these two trinkets would easily take you through Mythic Highmaul and into Heroic Blackrock Foundry.

However, I'm cheap and lazy. I'm still working on levelling and gearing my Mage for the split runs we'll be doing, and don't really have time to work on more than 2 characters/garrisons at the moment. Thus the investment for a 640 trinket doesn't appeal to me, considering the cost and time effort to get it to 665. 

I WILL purchase a Copeland's if I can get one for less than 80k, but I'm honestly not that bothered.

I WILL purchase a Copeland's if I can get one for less than 80k, but I'm honestly not that bothered.

I've seen one that was sub 100k on the AH on TFC/AM/other connected realms, and the rest have been 150-200k (and that's all 665 BoE trinkets, not just Copeland's).

"Most important" is slight. If you're raiding the Apexis gear isn't going to be worth your time to get really. But if you're not planning on doing mythic content or if you're missing an item or two, then ilvl > stat weight. The int off of better gear will almost always be better no matter what, the secondary stats are very close this xpack. Crit and mastery are better and should always be taken over the others, but they are not the end all and be all.

Yeah I've gone with this mantra, not really getting flustered about secondary stats at this stage and ensuring Ive got heroic dungeon gear and epics where I can.

Although I am focusing where possible on Crit > Multistrike

I know a lot of conversation is taking place btween multistrike and mastery, and for some reason I'm just preferring to go with Multistrike. A guildie of mine is normally always right in this stuff, so I take his word as gospel. And I just think he is right that when it comes to raiding gear and gear going up, multistrike will be better to have then mastery. 

But with secondary stats so close, I guess its really down to preference in the end 

If you guys want the scribe trinket, you can game it a bit.  Relearn scribe each day, make your daily, have a level 2 scribe building, and just have the dude make you the card or two each day.  Saves making the 5 days to get the recipe and maximizes output of cards.

If you guys want the scribe trinket, you can game it a bit.  Relearn scribe each day, make your daily, have a level 2 scribe building, and just have the dude make you the card or two each day.  Saves making the 5 days to get the recipe and maximizes output of cards.

Can you pleeeeease go into a little more detail on this? Considering doing it on my alt....thanks :)

Can you pleeeeease go into a little more detail on this? Considering doing it on my alt....thanks smile.png

He just said what to do. Literally all of the steps are in his post.

Learn scribe.

Make daily warpaints.

Use the lvl 2 scribe building to make your cards.

Unlearn scribe.

Repeat.

The end.

He just said what to do. Literally all of the steps are in his post.

Learn scribe.

Make daily warpaints.

Use the lvl 2 scribe building to make your cards.

Unlearn scribe.

Repeat.

The end.

Thanks. The formatting really makes a difference.