FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Liquidsteel

6.1 Destruction Guide

Hi! New to these forums :)

So we're being forced because RoF is shit, and we compensate in AOE what little we have with FnB + goSac + CR?

I'm not sure what to use on single target boss fights now.... is goSac + CR also the way  to go on these kind of fights? So far i've only used DS + goSup, which seem fine to me. Any help?

I can't do GoSac/CR, Still not liking CR at all and haven't been able to accept it as a playstyle...

I've just been messing around with GoSup/Cata, and swapping to Servitude if I need the boosted ST dmg.

Even if you can AoE smaller packs with CR, I don't really see it an advantage to AoE 4 targets, in 5 man content.  Tab around some immolates, havoc a CB and you are generally in range to start the SB snipe train, any more targets than that and you can still AoE without CR, just with a lot less Ham than before.  There is that dead zone now of 4-5 targets or so without CR but its get better with each additional target.  Hopefully better gear later in expac will help smooth it out.

I was trying it out last night and even with CR it felt like really awkward with packs of 4-5 mobs. You can AoE but the numbers weren't there. It really shined with 2-3 target where I was able to abuse havoc and shadowburn.

I am just not getting the logic on swapping to CR just so you have the ember regen to AoE smaller packs where its not really the most efficient anyways.

Charred Remains Reduces Incin for example by 60%, and F&B then drops that an additional 65%.  Even the AoE Chaos Bolt is reduced to 35% its normal power. You have to hit 3 targets just to match a single CB, and it has cost you 2 embers to cast.

From my personal experience, the incidental Ember generation that RoF used to give was more important to smooth out the double ember cost of CR Chaos Bolt casts, than the single ember return on Non CR builds.

Some Math person is probably going to come stomp all over my World.

Edited by Soulzar

I was trying it out last night and even with CR it felt like really awkward with packs of 4-5 mobs. You can AoE but the numbers weren't there. It really shined with 2-3 target where I was able to abuse havoc and shadowburn.

It almost feels like you are being counterproductive with this though because the ember regen that CR is suppose to provide is being outshined by Havoc + SB abuse to regen embers.  I suppose this would allow more FnB CB but it still feels awkward as a playstyle overall like what Soulzar is saying.

Personally.

I have been going with GoSac - AD - Cataclysm as a global build. Its not the best at every aspect of the game. But I'm still pushing good numbers in 5mans, but mainly Cmodes. Cata destroys trashpacks with SB cleaving. Gemming/Enchanting Mastery with this helps a lot

I think come raid. We will be forced into GoSup - DemonicServ + Level90 Talent will be the default. Level 90 will depend on fight I'm sure. Stacking Crit. 

As I opened with. "Personally" don't need the flame how this may be wrong. This is just what I am doing for now as itsa nice global spec for destro, pre-raid. 

I really don't see why you guys think DS is some god talent for raiding. It REALLY lowers burst dps an incredible amount. On a 4 minute fight cataclysm does the same dps as it, shorter and it beats it. I can see it being useful for the near patchwerk fights like kargath/butcher, but cataclysm is just too good for any fight that ever has any add/multi-target mechanic.

I'm weeding out the destro aoe apl in simc. Got DS/Cata working to the best of my power. CR doesn't work in the current APL, planning on adding a separate action list for it tomorrow sometime.

I think CR has some potential on a few fights, but Cata + KJC is going to be my go-to for most fights.

AD is also really overhyped...it really doesn't do much of anything for destro unless the fight is really short (eg CM/heroic bosses). If you spend 3 seconds out of every minute moving, KJC will beat AD. THREE SECONDS.

CR and GrimSac has given me a decent boost in DPS over the course of an evening of 5-man heroics. 

Ember gen on boss fights felt on par with SoO and I was comfortable engaging burn phases on my own terms. I specced AD because of how quickly I could build embers, effectively extending my burn phase as a result. Not sure if this is optimal, but at a glance the whole package was seeing around 5K more dps than GrimServ/DS simply due to the increased ember gen. Chaos Bolts were hitting for around 100K when things lined up. 

Overall, this seems to be a palatable setup for those who want to stick with Destro. F&B Chaos bolts takes some getting used to but you will be able to perform a proper opening and have embers when you need them. The 'art' of this setup seems to be knowing when to AoE your chaos bolts on trash/adds so as not to compromise your 'snipe train'. For obvious reasons, it is not optimal on high-movement fights. 

I'm not in love with it, but It feels more like destro than GrimSup/DS with the current resource gen. 

CR and GrimSac has given me a decent boost in DPS over the course of an evening of 5-man heroics. 

Ember gen on boss fights felt on par with SoO and I was comfortable engaging burn phases on my own terms. I specced AD because of how quickly I could build embers, effectively extending my burn phase as a result. Not sure if this is optimal, but at a glance the whole package was seeing around 5K more dps than GrimServ/DS simply due to the increased ember gen. Chaos Bolts were hitting for around 100K when things lined up. 

Overall, this seems to be a palatable setup for those who want to stick with Destro. F&B Chaos bolts takes some getting used to but you will be able to perform a proper opening and have embers when you need them. The 'art' of this setup seems to be knowing when to AoE your chaos bolts on trash/adds so as not to compromise your 'snipe train'. For obvious reasons, it is not optimal on high-movement fights. 

I'm not in love with it, but It feels more like destro than GrimSup/DS with the current resource gen. 

Just for the record, the increase was for bosses as well as trash, not just on trash?

I really don't see why you guys think DS is some god talent for raiding. It REALLY lowers burst dps an incredible amount. On a 4 minute fight cataclysm does the same dps as it, shorter and it beats it. I can see it being useful for the near patchwerk fights like kargath/butcher, but cataclysm is just too good for any fight that ever has any add/multi-target mechanic.

I'm weeding out the destro aoe apl in simc. Got DS/Cata working to the best of my power. CR doesn't work in the current APL, planning on adding a separate action list for it tomorrow sometime.

I think CR has some potential on a few fights, but Cata + KJC is going to be my go-to for most fights.

AD is also really overhyped...it really doesn't do much of anything for destro unless the fight is really short (eg CM/heroic bosses). If you spend 3 seconds out of every minute moving, KJC will beat AD. THREE SECONDS.

Gosac + Cata and Gosac + CR for both Mastery beats Crit as best stat, right?

I think for Tectus and Twin Ogron maybe CR would be a better choice than Cata, maybe more reliable for any situation.

And I agree, AD it's kinda overhyped, but with Aspect of the fox used in key moments, maybe KJC won't be that useful...plus, AD could give us a burst in key moments of the fight.

I am really, really disliking charred remains.  I am most definitely not playing it optimally, I would guess.  But even if it were competitive I'd probably hate it.  Additionally it seems like nobody that's using it actually likes it.  I like cata, I like servitude, but CR just feels so lame - I wish it would get scrapped, honestly.

I find myself disliking Demonic Servitude purely for cosmetic reasons.  The Terroguard & Abyssal are just too god damn big in tight spaces: like you see in heroics.  Maybe in raids where the rooms are considerably larger it will be better.  

Just for the record, the increase was for bosses as well as trash, not just on trash?

Correct. With CR, I was gaining embers fast enough that my increased CB usage was overtaking the reduced damage of Conflagrate and Incinerate. 

I am really, really disliking charred remains.  I am most definitely not playing it optimally, I would guess.  But even if it were competitive I'd probably hate it.  Additionally it seems like nobody that's using it actually likes it. 

Agreed.

I find myself disliking Demonic Servitude purely for cosmetic reasons.  The Terroguard & Abyssal are just too god damn big in tight spaces: like you see in heroics.  Maybe in raids where the rooms are considerably larger it will be better.  

WTB glyph of shrink Terrorguard for Grimrail Depot runs :P

I am really, really disliking charred remains.  I am most definitely not playing it optimally, I would guess.  But even if it were competitive I'd probably hate it.  Additionally it seems like nobody that's using it actually likes it.  I like cata, I like servitude, but CR just feels so lame - I wish it would get scrapped, honestly.

The good news is, it's probably bad for almost every fight in highmaul, and doesn't get really strong in heroics dungeons until mythic ilvl. Not to say it's bad, just that cata will probably beat it on most fights in the raid, which are mostly single target/cleave. Tectus might be an exception for CR, but I doubt it.

Edited by gahhda

"GET OFF MY FUCKING MISSION TABLE!"  .. *Dismisses pet*

• Like 2

So currently I'm sitting at under 300 crit/1100 mastery and have been debating on Gemming/enchanting crit over mastery to compensate for my gears lack of crit. I feel balancing my crit/mastery closer together would make for a better dual spec of destru MS/demo OS for highmaul. Could anyone agree on this idea or am I overthinking secondary stats for now?

Cheers. :)

Edited by Kink

Considering the curve-ball blizz threw at warlocks like a week before raiding, having a backup plan sounds smart. 

I'm finding that at the 630 Gear level, even with crit stacked all the way up, destro is not generating enough embers to be worth taking out of the box. Demo is more forgiving at this gear level though, and according to recent data, performs better. 

Before the patch, it was considered a viable option to stack either mastery or crit as destro, making dualspeccing in one gear set more viable. But i'm not so sure now. Someone with more understanding can correct me, but it seems you kinda need to go for crit if you want destro to function at the moment. 

I'm going for Mastery = Crit > Multistrike.

For single target mastery isn't so good, but it gains values the more targets appear. This will give me a solid base for either Demo or Destro.

I'm going for Mastery = Crit > Multistrike.

For single target mastery isn't so good, but it gains values the more targets appear. This will give me a solid base for either Demo or Destro.

where is hase factoring in? like roughly 10%?

This is very true.  I've had two tanks demand I take it down because it obstructs his view.

This is very true.  I've had two tanks demand I take it down because it obstructs his view.

Next time don't melee as a caster.

• Like 1

Ehhhhh I understand in tight places but those pets do some nice dmg. So we can't just toss them out just because Mr Tank is all emo.