FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

The August Celestials

Cheers for the guide guys.

Am I missing something. I dont get any quest from Sage Whiteheart except one which tracks my rep with Golden Lotus to Revered. Are there any pre quests to unlock the August Celestials?

EDIT: Doh sorry I did read but didnt read if that makes sense....so Revered with Golden Lotus first before unlocking - check

Edited by Peelyon
  • Like 1

yust a small question because i'm a bit confused, if you go to the ally place and talk to the august celestial quartermaster he gives you a quest and sends you to a place, that means if he sends you to cridle of chi'ji you can't go to the other 3places? or can you go to them and do dailies there?

In the cloaks part (http://icy-veins.com/the-august-celestials-reputation-farming-guide-wow#sec-2-5-2), the costs are in valors form, but their respective links says Justice points.

This is also silly for blues to cost valor's, thought you will want to fix that.

Thanks for spotting this, I fixed it :)

yust a small question because i'm a bit confused, if you go to the ally place and talk to the august celestial quartermaster he gives you a quest and sends you to a place, that means if he sends you to cridle of chi'ji you can't go to the other 3places? or can you go to them and do dailies there?

It is exactly as you understood. You can only quest at one location every day, and that location is where the August Celestials Quartermaster is sending you.

Is there a link to the faction guides on the home page? I am having a difficult time finding other than the link in this post.

Nevermind, I found it. Posted Image

Edited by Vladamyr

Guest IHateDailies

So if you can only earn about 1200 rep per day, doesn't getting Exalted take almost a month? Starting from Neutral, it's 3k to Friendly, 6k to Honored, 12k to Revered, and like 21k to Exalted... so about 42k rep... or 35 days at 1.2k rep/day.

So if you can only earn about 1200 rep per day, doesn't getting Exalted take almost a month? Starting from Neutral, it's 3k to Friendly, 6k to Honored, 12k to Revered, and like 21k to Exalted... so about 42k rep... or 35 days at 1.2k rep/day.

That's right. I forgot that on the beta, there were days when you could do the daily quests at all the locations, which really sped up the process. Thanks for reporting this :)

Guest Kannan

There was one thing missed here. Cradle of chi'ji can be done on every day even if the quest giver doesn't send you there. So basically you can earn 2200 reputation a day(250 extra if sent to Temple of the White Tiger) expect on days when you are sent to Cradle of chi'ji when you can earn only 1100 reputation

There was one thing missed here. Cradle of chi'ji can be done on every day even if the quest giver doesn't send you there. So basically you can earn 2200 reputation a day(250 extra if sent to Temple of the White Tiger) expect on days when you are sent to Cradle of chi'ji when you can earn only 1100 reputation

Did you witness that over a period of several days? On the beta, there were days where you could do Cradle of Chi'ji and another set of quests, but it was very rare and I assumed it was a bug of some sort.

Guest Guest

Did you witness that over a period of several days? On the beta, there were days where you could do Cradle of Chi'ji and another set of quests, but it was very rare and I assumed it was a bug of some sort.

Yes, just completed for the 2nd consecutive days doing both Cradle of Chi'ji and Temple of White tiger and earning 2820 reps(Human racial benefit and Guild perks) for each of the days and friends were doing so for the past 6 to 7 days. Also, you can see that many were doing the same through the comments here http://www.wowhead.c...stials#comments

Can confirm about having double quests, Just logged in an hour ago and noticed i had 3 quests available in the crane temple even through the dailies for today in Moon Guard are at the Jade Temple.

Guest Kannan

Once reaching exalted, each of the four factions have a final quest. Completing the quest, Klaxxi provides the ring slot 489 item while Golden Lotus provides Neck slot of 489 item without spending any VP or gold for these ofcourse. Shado Pan provides a mount but anyone has any idea of what does August celestial provides?

Guest Kannan

Seems the availablity of daily quest in Cradle of Chi'ji was fixed in the October 16th hotfix Posted Image Another 3 days and I would have reached revered now it makes it 7 days

Once reaching exalted, each of the four factions have a final quest. Completing the quest, Klaxxi provides the ring slot 489 item while Golden Lotus provides Neck slot of 489 item without spending any VP or gold for these ofcourse. Shado Pan provides a mount but anyone has any idea of what does August celestial provides?

At the moment, there does not seem to be a exalted quest for Celestial, not even the data-miners at WoWhead found anything.about it.

Seems the availablity of daily quest in Cradle of Chi'ji was fixed in the October 16th hotfix Posted Image Another 3 days and I would have reached revered now it makes it 7 days

Yah, after doing some research on the exalted quest, been seeing a lot of reports on it for the 16th, would make since tho, i saw them for awhile after the daily reset, but they ended up disappearing later in the day. Think we will get the report on the next hotfix list.

• Like 1

Is there a final quest with great rewards (mount/epics 489) like Golden Lotus, Shado-Pan and The Klaxxi have?

Already answered that just above you friend :P

Anyways for some reason they do not have a exalted quest.

Edited by Sneakyferret

The item level of the blue gear you can buy with Justice Points was increased from 450 to 458. I think that all your MoP daily quest guides still talk about ilvl 450 blue items.

Guest Fiatpanda

As a monk you can use zen flight and fly over the place when doing the torch quest if you want to go the easy way

Guest adoreoner

this isnt really a rep "farming" guide, this is more of a guide on how to do/ start the dailies, maybe you should change the guide name Posted Image very good guide regardless though:) thanks

this isnt really a rep "farming" guide, this is more of a guide on how to do/ start the dailies, maybe you should change the guide name Posted Image very good guide regardless though:) thanks

Well... :P The thing is that "Golden Lotus reputation" is a lot more popular Google query than "Golden Lotus dailies" is, so we have to sometimes adapt the names of our guides to properly promote them. That said, the only way to grind reputation with the Golden Lotus is by doing the dailies, so the article title isn't really far off ;)

Thank you for the positive comment about the guide, in any case ;)

Guest Brose

wow this sucks my tailor is an alt and a mage at that . so it seems i would have to grind rep twice, once for my main( yes i am an achievement chaser )and again on alt . but in Bliz's wisdom i need golden lotus before i can do agusts celestials rep. thats 4 rep grinds. oh wait

my enchanter will need the rep also to get good recipes . nice um f-u blizzard thats 6 rep grinds. next expantion write some more content instead of just linking everything together and makeing it manditory (well if you are like me an need to max your crafting on all alts also) makeing us grind rep for 1 faction before we can do another is lame . i guess that why all the NPC's say "slow down" ( we didn't write enough content and you will get mad at the repetitiveness of it all)............. sorry for the rant .. i actualy like the area just mad that i need to regrind rep for 2 alts

Also if you are Exalted with The Tillers and have completed your farming, you can farm around 1200 rep a day there as well. That will speed things up.