FORUMS
Damien

Blood Death Knight 6.2

Guest Hazardd

I must say, this guide, along with most guides anymore for most classes in WoD content, sucks.

Update your guide. Or Delete it. You're teaching people how to play their classes wrong, and nothing more.

6.2 HellFire Citadel Blood DK Stat Prio

Str > Bonus Armor > Mastery > Multi > Crit

MULTI is NOT a prio over mastery. And 3000 Multi is unrealistic to shoot for to begin with.

The design behind Death Knights is to utilize their Self Healing and Absorbs.

You can utilize Death Strike's Blood Shield much like a Rune Tap. The effect of the heal/shield is purely based on Mastery. This is why it is your PRIORITY stat.

Multi strike is your stat priority beyond mastery. Multi = More Heals, More Absorbs, More DPS, More Aggro

With a proper gear optimization, you will obtain enough mastery through gear. All gems/enchants/food should be for Multistrike.

As far as Aggro goes, the only times a Death Knight will every have an aggro issue is with a Prot Warrior or Paladin being stupid going "ham" around taunt swaps. Protection is the HIGHEST aggro tank specs in HFC, so tell your co-tank to back off for a second.

Rotating your Dark Command on CD for the increased aggro can help offset this, but often, seriously, tell yor co-tank to back off for a second. (As for aggro concerns. I raid a Blood DK and a Prot Pally through HFC. I see both sides.)

Glyphs can be depending on fight.

I personally recommend the following :

Glyph of Blood Boil

Glyph of Death Coil

Glyph of Anti-Magic Shell OR Glyph of Absorb Magic

Glyph of Vampiric Blood SHOULD NOT BE USED. A 15% increase to max health is a much larger gain than 10% more healing taken for 10 seconds. You have enough other cool downs you could utilize. Hell, throw in a Shieldtronic Shield consumable. It shares no Cooldowns with potions.

Blood DK Cooldowns : Rune Tap, Icebound Fortitude, Anti-Magic Shield, Vampiric Blood, Shieldtronic Shield, Armor Potion, Health Potion

**Health potion and Armor DO NOT share a cool down. Utilize both.**

**Always Pre Pot before Pull**

Rotation :

Use Bone Shield on CD

If specced for Defile, Use on CD

Diseases > Death Strike Heal > Blood Boil / Death Coil For Rune Dump > Death Strike @ Max Health

Always Keep Diseases up. Always.

Death Strike is your priority attack, but utilizing the heal is important. You want to Time Death Strike for Right after you take damage, to maximize the heal and shield, UNLESS you have the runes to build a shield and still Death Strike for the heal after the attack. A properly timed Death Strike can act in place of Rune Tap for MOST high damage attacks.

Blood Boil ABOVE 35% health when DS is not available

Soul Reaper BELOW 35% health

Death Coil For Rune Dump

I pretty much use Blood Tap every time I can, and keep Runes available. 

Guest hazardd

This guide for Blood Death Knight's is wrong in so many ways.

If you are utilizing this guide for better yourself, I apologize but you won't see improvements.

Update the guide or delete it Icy-Veins. 

I must say, this guide, along with most guides anymore for most classes in WoD content, sucks.

Update your guide. Or Delete it. You're teaching people how to play their classes wrong, and nothing more.

6.2 HellFire Citadel Blood DK Stat Prio

Str > Bonus Armor > Mastery > Multi > Crit

MULTI is NOT a prio over mastery. And 3000 Multi is unrealistic to shoot for to begin with.

You can utilize Death Strike's Blood Shield much like a Rune Tap. The effect of the heal/shield is purely based on Mastery. This is why it is your PRIORITY stat.

Multi strike is your stat priority beyond mastery. Multi = More Heals, More Absorbs, More DPS, More Aggro

With a proper gear optimization, you will obtain enough mastery through gear. All gems/enchants/food should be for Multistrike.

As far as Aggro goes, the only times a Death Knight will every have an aggro issue is with a Prot Warrior or Paladin being stupid going "ham" around taunt swaps. Protection is the HIGHEST aggro tank specs in HFC, so tell your co-tank to back off for a second.

Rotating your Dark Command on CD for the increased aggro can help offset this, but often, seriously, tell yor co-tank to back off for a second. (As for aggro concerns. I raid a Blood DK and a Prot Pally through HFC. I see both sides.)

Glyph of Blood Boil

Glyph of Death Coil

Glyph of Vampiric Blood SHOULD NOT BE USED. A 15% increase to max health is a much larger gain than 10% more healing taken for 10 seconds. You have enough other cool downs you could utilize. Hell, throw in a Shieldtronic Shield consumable. It shares no Cooldowns with potions.

Blood DK Cooldowns : Rune Tap, Icebound Fortitude, Anti-Magic Shield, Vampiric Blood, Shieldtronic Shield, Armor Potion, Health Potion

**Health potion and Armor DO NOT share a cool down. Utilize both.**

**Always Pre Pot before Pull**

Rotation :

Use Bone Shield on CD

If specced for Defile, Use on CD

Diseases > Death Strike Heal > Blood Boil / Death Coil For Rune Dump > Death Strike @ Max Health

Always Keep Diseases up. Always.

Death Strike is your priority attack, but utilizing the heal is important. You want to Time Death Strike for Right after you take damage, to maximize the heal and shield, UNLESS you have the runes to build a shield and still Death Strike for the heal after the attack. A properly timed Death Strike can act in place of Rune Tap for MOST high damage attacks.

Blood Boil ABOVE 35% health when DS is not available

Soul Reaper BELOW 35% health

Death Coil For Rune Dump

I pretty much use Blood Tap every time I can, and keep Runes available. 

I'm going to reply to these points one at a time here:

This is not true. The Death Strike heal/shield will scale much, much more off of Resolve than it will Mastery. Yes, Mastery will increase the size of the shield compared to the heal, but prioritizing it over MS is not necessary. The amount given from a trinket like Iskar's or Blast Furnace Door is more than enough for all levels of progression.

Now I'm just confused. If you're gemming and enchanting Multistrike, you're agreeing with me that it's above Mastery?

Multistrike isn't for Threat. Threat should hardly ever be an issue. But tank DPS is not insignificant, and using a more offensive build can be the difference between a 1% wipe and a kill, while focusing on MS instead of Mastery will not likely make a dent in your noticeable survivability.

Do not do this. This will DR the taunt on the boss and make him immune, potentially at a time when taunting is actually needed.

Glyph of Blood Boil

Glyph of Death Coil

Glyph of Death Coil is awful. You should never have to target your raid to put on a pitiful absorb shield. It's a waste of globals and a waste of potential damage, for practically zero benefit.

Glyph of Vampiric Blood SHOULD NOT BE USED. A 15% increase to max health is a much larger gain than 10% more healing taken for 10 seconds. You have enough other cool downs you could utilize. 

It's situational. There are no fights this tier where it's used, yes, but that doesn't mean there won't be in the future. I won't write it off completely, but I also did not recommend using it all the time.

Hell, throw in a Shieldtronic Shield consumable. It shares no Cooldowns with potions.

Yes it does. (edit: assuming you mean Health Potion. Regardless, Shieldtronic should never be used over health potions)

Use Bone Shield on CD

Unless you still have charges from the previous cast, in which case you wait for those to drop before re-applying it.

A properly timed Death Strike can act in place of Rune Tap for MOST high damage attacks.

The shield does not absorb magic damage. It is not a replacement for Rune Tap, which is one of the strongest forms of active mitigation in the game right now.

This guide for Blood Death Knight's is wrong in so many ways.

If you are utilizing this guide for better yourself, I apologize but you won't see improvements.

I do appreciate the enthusiasm, but if you are going to call something completely wrong, it helps to look like you have a clue what you're talking about.

Edited by Aughyssul
  • Like 2

Guest Lorianz

I'm following this guide.
But what I FEEL (not saying that it IS like this) is MultiStrike's giving me more dps and healing.

I got 55% Mastery from gear and 25% MS from enchantings.

I feel that askmrrobot confuses me sometimes too, telling me to use versatility instead mastery in certains BiB gears that I have.

I'm following this guide.
But what I FEEL (not saying that it IS like this) is MultiStrike's giving me more dps and healing.

I got 55% Mastery from gear and 25% MS from enchantings.

Besides that we all follow Method or big guild players, and they're using MS as well.. so I dunno C:

I feel that askmrrobot confuses me sometimes too, telling me to use versatility instead mastery in certains BiB gears that I have.

Your recommendation for DPS trinkets is incomplete. The 4 trinkets to use are Discordant Chorus, Empty Drinking Horn, Unending Hunger, and Vial of Convulsive Shadows. Vial of Convulsive Shadows is absolutely competitive with EDH/Unending Hunger and beats them with a suitable fight length. 

Moreover, I have to question what this "3000 multistrike" threshold refers to. It certainly shouldn't refer to Defile; that much multistrike is indicative of a high DPS build, and such builds should talent Breath of Sindragosa. If this is with Breath of Sindragosa in mind, it is incorrect, because multistrike certainly remains the most valuable stat for BoS Blood well above the 3000 threshold. So, I am wondering what this refers to and whether it has any basis in fact. 

Edited by Zayele

Guest Otalibar

The Lichborne section says it simply gives Leech and there's nothing you can actively do with it. But it also makes you Undead, meaning you can Death Coil yourself for healing. This combined with DRW is extremely powerful, and you can heal a million health in a few seconds.