FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Unholy Death Knight 7.1

Just wondering... with the recent changes to blood boil, does this change the multiple target rotation mentioned in the guide? The rotation currently says, "Use all your Death runes to spam Blood Boil."

Guest Momruoy

Death coil adds time to your plague(s) and as it is in large part filler while runes regenerate you end up with never ending plagues, was just curious why this isn't mentioned anywhere in regards to keeping up your dots? I usually apply my dots then extend once with Festering strike after that Death coil pretty much ensures they don't drop off unless dispelled. This would cause Scourge Strike to become priority and Festering Strike to be used as dmg when SS is not available. The extension of the plagues would just be a bonus at this point as either attack generally generates enough runic to pull out the DC again.

Guest Kalterast

I don't understand this rotation.

Why isn't there 2 sections : while your ghoul is up, and while your ghoul is not up.

My personal rotation is maxing RP as much as possible while ghoul is not up. This mean I will use festering strike EVEN on death rune, because 2x festering strike is faster RP than 4x scourge strike.

When Ghoul is up, now I go with the standard rotation (scourge strike on death/unholy rune and festering on Blood and Frost).

Also, I find Prepot + army at 3 seconds before pull gives me the perfect amount of RP (at 6 seconds I usually miss 1-2 RP and have to actually do an additional scourge strike before getting Ghoul up, wich is a waste of time).

Do I miss something ? Is the 4x SS better to up your RP even if that means you will be 2 GCDs late to up your Ghoul ?

Guest sujezz

If master/multi is the best why flamebender weapon which has both is third on the bis list while haste/x is higher ?

Guest Broseph

This guide is kind of inaccurate/incomplete in regards to certain sections.

It still recommends Defile as the go-to lvl 100 talent, when it's currently the worst option. BoS is the talent to pick for single target fights, NP is the talent you wanna pick for AoE and cleave fights.

It also doesn't go into detail on how to play anything other than the Defile priority, which is a bit silly.

This guide is kind of inaccurate/incomplete in regards to certain sections.

It still recommends Defile as the go-to lvl 100 talent, when it's currently the worst option. BoS is the talent to pick for single target fights, NP is the talent you wanna pick for AoE and cleave fights.

It also doesn't go into detail on how to play anything other than the Defile priority, which is a bit silly.

I came here today to post this very thing. The guide could use some updating. Plus once either talent is chosen they do have their own priority and rotational set ups.

Guest Budleigh

Sorry, but the blood tap/rune desync section is INCREDIBLY poorly written and confusing. I've read it four times and I still cannot fathom the circumstances it is describing. I tried to read about it elsewhere and I can't find much. I get what I'm supposed to do, but I simply don't understand why I have to do it.

Guest Budleigh

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT RUNE DESYNC.

Death status is activated with Blood Tap, that rune will refresh into a non-Death status when it gets used up.

Not always? What if I use it for a festering strike? FS isn't factored into any of the advice given here.

So, instead of the 2 Frost (Death) runes that you would have had if you had waited for the rune to naturally recharge, you instead have 2 Death and 1 Frost runes after the rune recharges, meaning the net gain of the Blood Tap was a Frost rune.

What? What is even being said here? This is totally unintelligible to me. I've read it at least 50 times and I'm more confused now than the first time I read it.

you will have aspare Frost rune which cannot be paired with a Blood rune until you generate the same problem with your Blood runes.

Again, what is being said here? What problem? How do you generate this problem?

only use them while pairs of Blood/Frost runes are recharging in a non-death state

RECHARGING or DEPLETED? That seems like an important difference that is totally unclear.

Frankly, I could have just quoted the entire section on rune desync and just said 'literally what?' Please rework this because there are no other resources for understanding this issue. I'm totally new to Death Knights and maybe I'm a bit stupid but....this is really frustrating.

Guest Trey303

Why does Reaper's Harvest trinket have such a low score for Unholy...? It seems like it would be very good .o.

Guest witness

Why does Reaper's Harvest trinket have such a low score for Unholy...? It seems like it would be very good .o.

Because they most likely are using a patchwerk style sim, I'd advise reviewing logs on a fight like mythic gorefiend where unholy + rh pretty much carry the fight. I've noticed that I.V. guides lack really detailed info or breakdowns of trinkets.

Guest Unholyend

Was wondering is anyone else seemed to notice a nerf to Reaper's harvest. Originally it said 76% chance to proc Wandering plague, and now it reads as 29%. As a necroblight player this was originally fantastic, but I saw a few thousand DPS loss between last wednesday and this tueday after 6.2 hit. New simcrafts might need to be ran to see how trinkets are functioning since 6.2. Or maybe i'm just crazy >.<

What is there to explain regarding Gnaw ? You don't  need to track it or use it yourself, unless ofc it's a thing in PvP.

But it does almost no damage in Ghoul form (sub 1k) whilst in Abomination form it does something. I would assume you cast it manually whenever you empower the ghoul?

Edited by JewsusChrist

Isn't worth it  even if you're fully buffed  doesn't do much to use it manually  with 1 min CD, plus that your pet is  gonna be transformed 85% +  of the time if played properly.

Guest Chillrogg

This is tough to parse out as one big rotation.  I think it would be clearer to people if the necrotic plague rotation and defile/BoS rotation were separated into two lists.

Guest Léstat

Ok from a mythic gear and top 50-100 logged DK

Multi> master=crt>haste=vers

55-60% multi

70-75% mastery

20% crt

32%hast

3-5% Vers

110k single target

nvm i figured it out, but idk how to delete this post... where is the delete button ?

Edited by Zakerum

Guest sujezz

I'd like to add that the best addon so far I've found since wotlk for runes is vex power + vex runes. Using vex power itself on pretty much every character I have and the vex runes is perfect addition to it for dk.

Guest Hyrlion

for me Necrotic Plague takes much more dps out of my DK at Bossfights or dummy.. In fact off the 30 sec. dot @ 15 stacks..  defile is nice at aoe but thats all.. for each bossfight i would ever use Necrotic Plaque at the moment..

( Sry for my bad english sad.png ) in from germany :X

Also in the guide it says that necrotic plague cannot be refreshed - which is not true. as fistering strike adds 6 seconds to it - thats the reason unholy is the only specc which can play with plague in a useful way, and if you can keep up stack at boss your burst for incoming adds is not that bad. 

When using wow_icon_spell_deathknight_festering_str Festering Strike to refresh wow_icon_spell_deathknight_necroticplagu Necrotic Plague, the duration of Necrotic Plague should either match or exceed the remaining cooldown duration on wow_icon_spell_shadow_contagion.jpg Unholy Blight. Maximising the uptime of 15 stacks of Necrotic Plague is crucial for dealing damage with the Necroblight playstyle.

Where does it say that Necrotic Plague can't be refreshed ?

Guest Moop

Why is Versatility ranked so low? This statistic increases overall damage given, and decreases overall damage received; so why is is ranked anywhere other than second place under Strength?

I tested this out with the Taladite Recrystalizers swapping between different types of Taladite Pendant until I similar value Merciless and Strategist versions. The Strategist version gave my char a higher damage range, and DPS. Clearly the versatility/multistrike version outshines the mastery/multistrike version.

I'm not saying your calculations are wrong, I'm just saying I don't see how you arrived at the conculsion versatility was so unimportant.

Why is Versatility ranked so low? This statistic increases overall damage given, and decreases overall damage received; so why is is ranked anywhere other than second place under Strength?

I tested this out with the Taladite Recrystalizers swapping between different types of Taladite Pendant until I similar value Merciless and Strategist versions. The Strategist version gave my char a higher damage range, and DPS. Clearly the versatility/multistrike version outshines the mastery/multistrike version.

I'm not saying your calculations are wrong, I'm just saying I don't see how you arrived at the conculsion versatility was so unimportant.

Versatility doesn't give as much of a DPS increase as Mastery and Multistrike do, despite what your character sheet might say.  The character sheet doesn't take into account crit, multistrike, or mastery in what it shows either, which leads to seeing this type of false positive.  Versatility also doesn't scale very well, given that it takes 130 points to equate to 1%.

Guest Muzgu

Gearing up section, there is a ranking of best trinkets used by UH DK... when. what tallents are used with this sim, what about others? i mean which trinket should i use when i chose NP, im usually using RH and Pebble (mythic warforged). but still now sure which one would be the best for AoE fights like gorefiend

Sign in to follow this