FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Balance Druid 6.2

Guest Skyepic

If this is a 6.0 Balance guide why is crit still rated as our best stat?  Everything i have read and seen in simcraft shows crit as our worst stat now.

If this is a 6.0 Balance guide why is crit still rated as our best stat?  Everything i have read and seen in simcraft shows crit as our worst stat now.

It's far from our worst stat. Also, issues with stat priority have been fixed.

Current stat priority is Int>Mastery>=Crit>Haste.

Mastery is better than crit, but only just.

Come WoD, it will be Int > Crit >= Mastery > Haste >= Multistrike > Versatility

Crit and mastery will be close, as will haste and multistrike.

Guest Mario

Hey,

I love your guides here at icy veins, however I have seen that BalancePowerTracker from your Addon Section in the guide no longer works, do you have any replacement?

Kind Regards,

Mario

Guest Frolic

Just something to throw out there... on cases where you might need burst AoE, Celestial Alignment is better to pop during a Solar Eclipse, since using Sunfire will put both DoTs on multiple targets. Very specific situational use, but I feel it needs mentioning.

Guest Yanîla

What about the haste breakpoints?
Did I miss it or is it not indicated in this guide?

There are no more haste breakpoints.  Extra haste gets added onto the end of a dot by a partial tick.

Guest owlbama

what is your guys' take on our new way of going eclipse?..? i think its garbage tbh, and i notice that with how it is now, i find myself staring more at my balance bar than at the fight itself.... what do you guys think?

You will become more used to it as time goes on.  It's a set time, so you're internal clock will have a feel of when to use spells.  It's only been live for ~2 weeks now.  Just give it some time.

also worth mentioning is the starsurge will be instant as a leveling perk, will make timing more smooth.

Once Warlords of Draenor will be released, we are going to make any necessary perk mentions :) Thank you!

Guest JPoet

One thing that I am very confused about is within the Rotation section. 4.3 - Rotation in Detail section. In the last paragraph there appears to be contradicting information. It states the ideal time to cast is 80 energy away from a peak (Meaning when you are at 20 energy, from my understanding). Then later on it says casting AT 80 your starfires get a large buff. Please clarify the ideal time to cast starsurge

The other important thing is the timing of Starsurge with respect to the Empowerment buffs. The ideal time to cast it is when you are around 80 Energy away from a peak.
 So, if you cast Starsurge when you are at 80 Lunar Energy, then both of the buffed Starfires will be cast with a very large bonus to their damage.

Guest Mastaboom

Wouldn't using Celestial Alignment upon entering Lunar Eclipse give more sustained burst instead of using it on the pull?

It would look something like this:

Incarnation (if you have it)

pre-pot

precast SF

apply MF

cast SF to ~80 energy

Celestial Alignment

SS charge followed by 2 SF until CA ends

Continue to Lunar peak

Guest Mastaboom

Wouldn't it be more ideal to use Celestial Aligment @ ~80 Lunar Energy and use INC on the pre-pull? This will give more sustained burst as you'll come out of CA quickly approaching another Lunar peak.

One thing that I am very confused about is within the Rotation section. 4.3 - Rotation in Detail section. In the last paragraph there appears to be contradicting information. It states the ideal time to cast is 80 energy away from a peak (Meaning when you are at 20 energy, from my understanding). Then later on it says casting AT 80 your starfires get a large buff. Please clarify the ideal time to cast starsurge

You are quite right about this. It is best to cast it when you are at 80, not 80 away. I'll fix it now :)

Guest Kieer

There's a typo in pt. 2 of optimizing your rotation, it should say "cast sunfire at solar peak or before leaving solar eclipse".... Instead it says "cast solar peak...."

Wouldn't using Celestial Alignment upon entering Lunar Eclipse give more sustained burst instead of using it on the pull?

It would look something like this:

Incarnation (if you have it)

pre-pot

precast SF

apply MF

cast SF to ~80 energy

Celestial Alignment

SS charge followed by 2 SF until CA ends

Continue to Lunar peak

No, it's a DPS loss. Trinkets will proc at the very beginning of a fight, and you will be at your strongest. That's when you want to have all of your available damage buffs.  Not only do use lose a lot of damage by not having all of those effects together, you seriously run the risk of either not having enough SS charges to make it through CA or being capped and losing charges before CA.

Guest Hathi

A question with regards to the Solar/Lunar Empowerment buff. Sometimes you have charges left over when you cross over into the other side of the eclipse bar. Say, you still have one lunar Empowerment buff left over from a Shooting Stars-procced Starsurge when you cross over into the Solar side. Is it still useful to cast a Starfire to use up this buff? Or should you start using Wrath immediately and let the Lunar Empowerment buff wear off?

Guest Hathi

Minor detail: On the 'Buffs, Debuffs, and Useful Abilities' page, the references to the Paladin Blessing of Might and the Shaman Grace of Air are shown in light blue, which is the Mage color, if I'm right.

Minor detail: On the 'Buffs, Debuffs, and Useful Abilities' page, the references to the Paladin Blessing of Might and the Shaman Grace of Air are shown in light blue, which is the Mage color, if I'm right.

Thanks, that will be fixed shortly.

Guest Rselminster

Anyone care explain why exactly "Celestial Alignment should be used during Lunar Eclipse"?

Thanks

Guest Deathsquad Blackrock

Just an FYI - You mention AskMrRobot.com for help with gemming etc.  Their stat weights (by default) do not jive with what your stating here.  Just wanted to throw it out there.

Just an FYI - You mention AskMrRobot.com for help with gemming etc.  Their stat weights (by default) do not jive with what your stating here.  Just wanted to throw it out there.

Thanks. This happens often, in fact. We don't really coordinate our stats. Also, bear in mind that ours are static (and meant to be generally applicable), while theirs are mostly tailored to your character. Now, I am confident in saying that you are good if you go with our stats in most situations, but depending on your gear and stuff, it might sometimes be different.

Anyone care explain why exactly "Celestial Alignment should be used during Lunar Eclipse"?

Thanks

Your Starsurge will empower Starfire instead of Wrath. It's worth waiting the few seconds to get into lunar to use it unless reduces how many CAs you get in the fight.

Sign in to follow this