FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Guardian Druid 6.2

Guest Jake

first impressions.... less spikey dmg, but a lot less healing done due to being somewhat rage starved.

Guest spankytank

I died about 30 times in SoO tonight. Felt super nerfed mainly due to not having Might of Ursoc as an 'oh shit' key anymore. Then I came here and heard about Tooth and Claw. Can someone explain this to me like I'm 5? I have read up on it and the lack of its use by me doesn't seem to account for the massive ass whooping I received tonight.

Guest Ehnoah

Also its mostly wrong. Doge has 12 Sec CD now. So you can't keep it up. (Not 9)

Also Max. 2 Charges. Hope Guides get real Update soonish.

PS: I feel the dmg we deal is increased a lot

I died about 30 times in SoO tonight. Felt super nerfed mainly due to not having Might of Ursoc as an 'oh shit' key anymore. Then I came here and heard about Tooth and Claw. Can someone explain this to me like I'm 5? I have read up on it and the lack of its use by me doesn't seem to account for the massive ass whooping I received tonight.

To a 5 y old: when the scratch marks appear you click the BLUE claw. Then the boss is scratched, so he got hurt and cries, so his next swing hurts less cause he's sad. 

For real basically all it does is make the boss do less damage on the next auto attack.

I did a a heroic on my offspec bear and found myself swimming in rage. Idk if it's all the crit I had or what but it wasn't too bad. Try to stay at 70-90 rage, use maul if it's about to cap, keep thrash bleed up for rage, and spam lacerated until mangle procs. Lastly use SD and FR as appropriate. 

Also its mostly wrong. Doge has 12 Sec CD now. So you can't keep it up. (Not 9)

Also Max. 2 Charges. Hope Guides get real Update soonish.

PS: I feel the dmg we deal is increased a lot

Thanks for pointing out the Savage Defense error. It's fixed now :)

Guest Donze

hey

Can anyone point out to me why i dont want crit over haste anymore?

I still see Primal Fury giving me 8 rage pr. crit. 

Is the haste bonus from procing more tooth and claw + i guess the increase in trash dots really better?

hey

Can anyone point out to me why i dont want crit over haste anymore?

I still see Primal Fury giving me 8 rage pr. crit. 

Is the haste bonus from procing more tooth and claw + i guess the increase in trash dots really better?

Haste reduces the cooldown of Mangle, as well as proccing more T&C as you said. It's also reducing the cooldown of Frenzied Regeneration. So, it's really good!

Guest Lyuben

Yseras gift has a 2% heal for Guardians, not 4%.

I'd say that Cenarion ward is the go to considering this. 

Yseras gift has a 2% heal for Guardians, not 4%.

I'd say that Cenarion ward is the go to considering this. 

I've fixed that now. Though, I still don't think that it's enough to throw out Ysera's Gift. It works passively which is what really makes it great. CW needs a global cooldown, and sometimes it'll proc just as you get topped off and then it will all go to waste. Up in the air, and you should go with what you prefer!

Guest Kristanna

Hi.

In the "rotation-cooldowns-abilities" page, the "5.4.8. Tier 6 Talents" section, it reads:

If you pick wow_icon_ability_druid_dreamstate.jpg Dream of Cenarius as a talent, then you should always use wow_icon_spell_nature_healingtouch.jpg Healing Touch and wow_icon_spell_nature_rejuvenation.jpg Rejuvenation on players other than yourself.

First, it does not affect Rejuvenation anymore, only Healing Touch (and Rebirth, which can only be used on players others than yourself for obvious reasons wink.png )

But I disagree about Healing Touch. Being tanks, you should try to use the "free" Healing Touch on yourself as much as possible (as implied on the "builds-talents-glyphs" page, "7. Tier 6 Talents" section), never on other players unless your healers can keep up with you easily.

Just my 2c... smile.png

K. 

first impressions.... less spikey dmg, but a lot less healing done due to being somewhat rage starved.

Really ? i'm finding i'm 100% rage 90% of the time.

i used worled of logs to review some of the top ranks on Guardians and see what direction they had taken.

First nearly all switched out crit gems for mastery, i did the same and the rage generation is still 100% better than it was pre patch 6 when i had 83% base crit.

those struggling to stay alive did you run challenge modes ? i'm finding the first 10-20 seconds of a pull the most dangerous stages. Much like Monk tanks would be like paper unitl they got stagger up the same is now for all tanks.

you got to pull either glyphed barkskin or Si up. after that first 20 seconds you nearly impossible to kill. The only exception to this is trash. much like challenge modes the sheer number of strikes coming in makes your absorb shield no as useful as it is for bosses. This is why Rooks trinket has become top trinket .

its important to read the gear BIS on icy veins again. many rubbish trinkets have become top ranking one now .

Also get haromms trinket. any version. the mythic version will give you nearly 12% multistrike and this triggers the elune buff giving you 20-30k more hp.

Even rune rune of origination is useful: i tried it mid raid and the mastery shield was at 163% of the last incoming damage.

its about testing and playing around with stuff but mastery is your friend and some old trinkets are now BIS for certain circumstances

Hi.

In the "rotation-cooldowns-abilities" page, the "5.4.8. Tier 6 Talents" section, it reads:

If you pick wow_icon_ability_druid_dreamstate.jpg Dream of Cenarius as a talent, then you should always use wow_icon_spell_nature_healingtouch.jpg Healing Touch and wow_icon_spell_nature_rejuvenation.jpg Rejuvenation on players other than yourself.

First, it does not affect Rejuvenation anymore, only Healing Touch (and Rebirth, which can only be used on players others than yourself for obvious reasons wink.png )

But I disagree about Healing Touch. Being tanks, you should try to use the "free" Healing Touch on yourself as much as possible (as implied on the "builds-talents-glyphs" page, "7. Tier 6 Talents" section), never on other players unless your healers can keep up with you easily.

Just my 2c... smile.png

K. 

Yeah. That should never have stayed in there, totally not intentional. Thank you for spotting it. I've fixed it.

Guest Silver

7. Tier 6 Talents↑top

Tier 6 talents offer a choice between 3 talents that improve your ability to act as a hybrid.

• wow_icon_spell_holy_blessingofagility.jp Heart of the Wild is a 6-minute cooldown that greatly improves your ability to deal melee damage in wow_icon_ability_druid_catform.jpg Cat Form, heal, and cast spells for 45 seconds.
    • When in wow_icon_ability_druid_catform.jpg Cat Form, you gain a massive increase in Agility.
    • Your healing and damaging spells are more effective, can be cast in wow_icon_ability_racial_bearform.jpg Bear Form and wow_icon_ability_druid_catform.jpg Cat Form, and cost no Mana.

There is a big mistake here.... The agility boost is for BEAR FORM, not Cat Form....

(procs section)

You should make it a point to always use up these (tooth and claw) procs.

This is only true when swimming in rage, like we are in SoO.  This part of the guide needs to change at least for lvl100.  Keeping SD up, or healing with frenzied regen, is a better use of rage if there's a chance you might actually die.

(Except in special cases, as the guide suggests elsewhere, where you might want to spend charges before a boss special to smooth the burst damage.  After a boss special, FR should be a better choice than TnC, unless you have SD up already and enough rage for both.)

Edited by Karsteck

Question about Savage Defense: I havent played bear since Wrath, and recently picked it back up and am really enjoying the changes. I need some clarification on how SD works now though. With a 12 second recharge and 6 second duration with 2 stacks does that not mean you could keep it up 100% of the time? Is each charge on its own recharge time (like runes) or does the recharge time start after the 2nd charge is used (like Conflag*) if its the later, and you kept applying when you could, wouldnt that essentially only get you an extra 6 seconds over the course of a fight vs only using 1 charge, and letting that charge fully recharge?

Edited by Qlix

It's not like runes, it recharges one at a time. Basically you should use it when you know there is a lot of incoming physical attacks that you can Dodge, you're not looking to use it on cooldown, which means there will be some fights where it caps charges so you can be ready to use them. 

So each charge DOES have its own timer? so, I hit charge 1 (it starts recharging), 6 seconds later SD drops, I hit charge 2 (its timer starts, 6 seconds left on charge 1 timer), 6 seconds later charge 1 is ready? etc etc etc? (hypothetically of course)

Edited by Qlix

Say you use one at x1 at t=0 and x2 at t=30, your x1 will be ready again at t=120 and x2 will be ready at t=240.

r76ELpY.png

So it works like option 1?

Hell I guess I can test it faster than someone could reply eh

Edited by Qlix

I have yet to encounter a charge system that charges both at the same time. Care to give an example of one? I never knew this was a hard thing to grasp since I thought they all were the same. 

I asked, with the comparison to both Runes and Conflag (though I did miss-type Combustion). Runes are basically a charge system, each rune consisting of 2 charges, each charge refreshes independently of the other one. Basic comparison, comparison nonetheless. But I did say I could just get in game and test myself wink.png Cant do that at work though :D

Edited by Qlix

I forgot you mentioned runes. I didn't consider that because it's more of a resource than a cooldown. 

Still, I'm pretty sure every cooldown in the game with a charge system works the same way. 

Guest Telaroll aka Tela

Hi all, 

I just looked in the BiS guide for Guardian Druids and was really surprised you suggest Thok's Tail Tip as it's not even lootable as Druid. I assume there went something wrong with the link and it's actually Vial of Living Corruption, right?

Sign in to follow this