FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Restoration Druid 6.2

Is there a "go to" resource for Weak Auras rdruid macros?

Check out our forums and ask around. There isn't a "consolidated" place for weak auras since there are many ways to make them and the UI is specific to each player.

Guest Lifeblooms

You gotta fix the enchants part. At least for me Mark of The Bleeding Hallow does NOT work for heals. You have to attack your target with a spell or melee attack for it to proc. Should explain that or remove it as the best option

Guest Myraculix

Great guide, really helped me out in some decisions, thank you for the great work wink.png

Just one thing I'd like to add (well, nearly every healer will know about it, but that should not be the reason to leave it out):

In the Addons section I am missing Clique smile.png Especially with ElvUI it is one of the additional Addons you may really need (in my opinion, I don't like mouse-hovering everything I'd like to heal).

Haste and mastery are both VERY close together in value having either wont make a HUGE difference in your gear, only your play style. Its possible the person who reviews the guides decided mastery was better for them when raiding these mythic bosses that have very little healing to do for 80% of the fight and only have to heal for those moments that matter.

Haste or mastery would both do the same in this regard, so it really does not matter what you get as druids are really the only healers that want haste on their gear.

What you say is true. Also, we recently changed reviewer to someone who is both very good and very active (Sonie from Method), so that did lead to some changes in stat priorities and so on.

Guest Purebif-Nagrand

Haste = more throughput when healing (and lower gcd)

Mastery = bigger ticks and bigger direct heals

I personally feel that we should just stack them both, gemming or enchanting our preference. I have chosen haste + mastery over ilvl with only haste or mastery. The exceptions I will make are for weapon, ami, rings and trink. (i have yet to get a haste + mastery helm or trinket)

My target haste is 37.5% raid buffed.

I personally heal most with rejuv and thus strongly favour germination as it allows 2 stacks of rejuv on a target; making us slightly stronger tank heals as well as better to counter dots or targeted incoming dmg.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nagrand/Purebif/advanced

The glyph is mandatory because you can /see/ where people are. If your using it via health frames, that person could possibly be in the middle of nowhere where.

What about the fact that using the glyph makes it cost 5.3% more base mana & 25% more mana than the unglyphed version? 6912 v 8640 .. unless you can guarantee that your manual placement will heal for 125%+ of the standard placement under a tank/stacking dps then your mana-negative

example 5m boss fight, mushroom on cd [10 uses] costs

Unglyphed -43% of total mana

Glyphed -54% of total mana

so your placement has to be worth the mana lost [2x Regrowth, 6x Rejuv, 2x Mushroom or 1.5 Wild Growth] + If your spamming mushrooms more than every 30s the difference will scale even higher

Guest DracMonster

What about the fact that using the glyph makes it cost 5.3% more base mana & 25% more mana than the unglyphed version? 6912 v 8640 .. unless you can guarantee that your manual placement will heal for 125%+ of the standard placement under a tank/stacking dps then your mana-negative

The thing is, without it, you don't have control over its exact placement - it will center on that player. Placing it centered on a boss for instance, is usually better for including both the tank and melee dps in its radius.

The pinpoint control just works so much better in practice. It's still very mana efficient as long as it gets to heal for most/all of its duration. (I don't bother using it on extremely mobile fights.)

Guest Guest

example 5m boss fight, mushroom on cd [10 uses] costs

Unglyphed -43% of total mana

Glyphed -54% of total mana

so your placement has to be worth the mana lost [2x Regrowth, 6x Rejuv, 2x Mushroom or 1.5 Wild Growth] + If your spamming mushrooms more than every 30s the difference will scale even higher

For example Imperator... you can spare every second mushroom, if you place it right for the range camp. That would be impossible without the glyph.

What about the fact that using the glyph makes it cost 5.3% more base mana & 25% more mana than the unglyphed version?

Never knew there was a mana difference, though that still doesn't change much. Having complete control over where you place it (example: right on top of butcher to reach tanks and the 2 melee groups) is much more useful and allow you to pick better positions.

The amount of Mana you lose is insignificant to the control you can have when placing it because you can always get the best placement.

• Like 1

Cheers guys pretty much all i needed to hear, now i've got better with spell priority / mana usage I can see that the difference in mana is minimal for the better control it gives

Another question [thats possibly stupid] Stat Weights, who "decided" what they are? Since Simulcraft doesnt work for healers

I've already suggested in another thread that WG Has breakpoints and anywhere between there points haste has a value of 0 for WG], Haste does Scale Rejuv but since it doesnt appear to with WG IMO Mastery is a vastly superior Stat

Assuming the AMR values of

INT = 2

Mastery / Haste = 1

Multistrike = 0.8

Crit = 0.7

Versatility = 0.6

Is this purely because the raw numbers you need to get 1%, or does somebody have "the working" that can show

2 INT == 1 Haste/Mastery == 0.8 MS == 0.7 Crit == 0.6 Vers

Haste Vs Mastery Here

Based on messing around with my own gear [swapping a 1/ +242 INT(ignoring the on use) Trinket for 2/ +175 INT / +175 Haste & 3/ + 159 INT / +159 Mastery] & Using Rejuv as it should Scale with both Haste & Mastery

Stat weights would suggest that 2/ would give me the greatest increase in healing but the numbers in game seem to say otherwise [Math below for output]

1/ 242 x2 = 484 [28946] == 100%

2/ 175 x2 + 175 x1 = 525 [28915] == 0.11% Decrease [8.47% increase expected on stat weights / GCD/Cast time is reduced]

3/ 159 x2 + 159 x1 = 477 [28823] == 0.42% Decrease [-1.45% expected based on Stat weight]

Also the tooltip for Rejuv is wrong, as it shows a number based on your final tick being 100% of the last tick when it is always a partial tick

1/ 3822 x 7 Partial Tick of 2192 Total = 28946 [Tooltip says 30578]

2/ 3763 x 7 Partial Tick of 2574 Total = 28915 [Tooltip says 30104]

3/ 3806 x 7 Partial Tick of 2181 Total = 28823 [Tooltip says 30448]

Shows that for output INT Is more than 2x Mastery & Mastery > Haste

#Help

I've already suggested in another thread that WG Has breakpoints and anywhere between there points haste has a value of 0 for WG

I agree with you, and went ahead and tested some of this myself using differing haste values on my own gear. In order for WG to properly scale with haste and not have breakpoints, it would have to scale the value of the final tick by how "far into" the next added tick you are with your haste values (e.g. - if you have haste for 8 ticks but not 9, the 8th and final tick would grow larger as your haste value rose, until you finally broke the barrier for the 9th tick). This is not the case, and in fact I found that the final tick of WG appears to scale only by its distance from the previous tick.

I took some screenshots of this test so you can see the results yourselves- the first screenshot shows my normal haste value, which gives me 8 ticks of WG, rather than the base 7 (tooltip states it heals every 0.91 seconds). The second shows another WG cast with only half my gear on, and so a lower haste value. Note that it's still 8 ticks (in fact, even 1 haste rating will grant you an 8th tick- you can test this by removing all of your gear and equipping only 1 item with haste, and observing that you now have 8 ticks instead of 7). However, it's interesting that the 8th and final tick of WG with lower haste (but still within the 8-tick threshold) has practically the same healing value as the 7th. They also occur very closely together (if you test using no equipment except for 1 item with haste, you'll see that the 7th and 8th tick occur simultaneously, and once again have the same healing values). I apologize if this piece is well-known about WG, I've only just started reading about optimizing gear and stats for druid healing.

The big takeaway for this is that WG appears to not only have haste breakpoints, but scales negatively from haste by reducing the final tick amount and spacing it further from the 7th (you could say that an 8th tick that occurs simultaneously with the 7th would be a great thing, effectively just doubling the 7th tick's value rather than having to wait another normal tick interval).

On the other hand, the casted portion of WG still benefits normally of course, and all other spells don't appear to have this shortcoming, so I would never suggest that someone stay away from haste because of this. It is worth noting that there will be breakpoints though, for reaching 9, 10 ticks and beyond.

On a side note- does anyone know the actual formula used to determine the reduction in healing between WG ticks? It does not appear to be a flat % reduction between ticks, but each tick appears to be reduced in an accelerated fashion (although only slightly). If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it :)

Guest JP

You gotta fix the enchants part. At least for me Mark of The Bleeding Hallow does NOT work for heals. You have to attack your target with a spell or melee attack for it to proc. Should explain that or remove it as the best option

You made me panic for a few minutes after reading your post but it does proc from heals, after doing some research i found that it only proc if in combat (not necesarrily dealing damage, just heal in combat), agro any low stuff and heal yourself to check...something related to how rppm works...

On a side note- does anyone know the actual formula used to determine the reduction in healing between WG ticks? It does not appear to be a flat % reduction between ticks, but each tick appears to be reduced in an accelerated fashion (although only slightly). If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it :)

I have no theorycrafting experience / knowledge, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but here is my 'reasoning'

Either

1) (I think this is most likely) no such formula actually exists (because I would think it would be a bit more public if there was a way to figure it our) Since this actually isn't suppose to happen and is a bug.

2) (I think less likely because if it was such a huge deal it would have happened by now) No one has really tried because it isn't suppose to happen and expect it to get patched (so work is wasted and will lead new readers astray)

3) (way less likely) people who know how to do these sorts of things don't know about it (because they expect it to do something specific)

Welp, it looks like they fixed the breakpoint issue. This also means that that extra tick we were granted is definitely decreased tongue.png

But at least things are consistent.

Guest Thumble

Do you think the 11.1% buff to haste (90 rating gives 1%, down from 100) will significantly effect the stats priority?

Yes. With the haste change it now takes a resto druid 81~ rating for 1% and 88 mastery for 1%.

Haate should now be the better stat to use in any aoe heavy situation where hots are used extensively. 

Any other fight where you do more direct healing, mastery can be situational. 

Yes. With the haste change it now takes a resto druid 81~ rating for 1% and 88 mastery for 1%.

Haste should now be the better stat to use in any aoe heavy situation where hots are used extensively. 

Any other fight where you do more direct healing, mastery can be situational. 

Thats the exact numbers I was looking for, even with the changes I still think i'm gonna play odd-man-out and stick with mastery > haste, maybe its playstyle or I've not seen any convincing arguements to show haste > mastery

Thats the exact numbers I was looking for, even with the changes I still think i'm gonna play odd-man-out and stick with mastery > haste, maybe its playstyle or I've not seen any convincing arguements to show haste > mastery

Here

• Like 1

Thank you smile.png I see you also dont use the RG Glyph as well [thought I was lonely again]

Tranq is the big issue for me, that and the more haste you have the more spirit you need,

I'd like to offer more to the discussion, but after reading through that post I think the actual numbers shown are wrong [but right now i dont have the patience to try and work them out]

Surely 100 haste is 100 haste, regardless of whether you have 1% or 50% but he seems to be argueing that your 1.225% haste reduces in value the more haste you have and that 1.14% mastery < 1% healing

So for arguements sake if the maths is correct haste gives you 0.085% more output per 100 stats, so roughly 12% of stats to gain 1% extra healing with hots, factor in your losing 12% output on Healing touch / Regrowth / Tranquility. I'd argue that unless "hots" make up 92%+ of your total healing you actually gain nothing

This ignores the GCD reduction as that is another discussion [whether you use every gcd available, where to soft-cap haste to make the most use of it countered by the fact you cant possible have enough spirit to run that rotation [without reducing your output by stacking spirit] 

EDIT: Fixed Math

Edited by Brady84

Was going to run some actual calculations, But i dont think the changes are even live [so this will need to be updated] 

100 haste gives you 1.17% and 100 mastery gives you 1.14% unbuffed

the raid buff gives you a flat 5% haste increase +5% of your base haste (0.05%) giving you a total of 6.22%

for mastery it gives you 550 points (6.27%)  + your original 100 gives you a total of 7.41% [+ the 10% you start with]

if you have 1000 stats in each

Haste - 11.70% + 5% raid buff + 5% of base haste (0.5%) = 17.2% haste [adding 100 gives you 18.37%]

Mastery - 11.40% + 6.27% =  17.67% [adding 100 gives you 18.81%]

500 haste / 1500 mastery [on gear]

Haste - 5.85% + 5% raid buff + 5% of base haste (0.25%) = 11.1% haste

Mastery - 17.1% + 6.27% raid buff = 23.37 [+10% from harmony] = 33.37% [Total % 34.47 / 44.47]

500 mastery / 1500 haste [on gear]

Haste - 17.55% + 5% raid buff + 5% of base haste (0.75%) = 23.3% haste

Mastery - 5.7% + 6.27% raid buff = 11.97% [+harmony] = 21.97% [Total % 35.27% / 45.27]

so 1000 haste stat gives you 12.2% & 1000 mastery gives you 11.4% 

Mastery always gives you a 1.14% increase per %, Haste starts at 1.17% and scales upwards by 0.0005% for every 1 haste

In my current gear ~660 [28.93% mastery]

Regrowth heals for 18544, Healing Touch for 30706, Tranq for 16552*4 [66208]

so for every 1% mastery you lose your reducing the efficiency for RG by 185.44 / HT by 307.06 / Tranq by 662.08 [per person]

so using the 2 examples above 500/1500

Using the mastery build you lose 0.8% healing with hots but gain 2114 per cast of RG / 3499.8 per cast of HT & 7546.8 per per per cast of tranq [1 use per fight 30 man mythic = 226k]

Using this fight as an example [or somebody else post a different log] taking raw healing so as to not sway the arguement either way

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4R6b31NgjdKaGPTk#fight=5&type=healing&source=11&options=8

18x Regrowth = 38052

1x HT = 3499 [this should actually be 4x higher as well as its used with NS on CD]

1x Tranq = 120748 [this was 16m so in mythic your looking at close to double]

Total Lost from Mastery 162299 

Total Gained from Haste 74000 [taking the total healing from all haste effected spells and adding the 0.8% difference (assuming 100% harmony uptime)] 

So with the same rotation/spell use/spirit used, mastery heals for 88k more [0.5% of total]

TLDR: Unless i've messed up the maths somewhere the difference between haste and mastery is negligible at best currently, but haste will pull much further ahead at higher ilvl [once you can mix/match BRF & HM gear]

Taking Spirit trinkets over INT to support a much higher haste build negates ALL of the gains though, using the 2 imp trinkets as example, dropping 301int reduces output by ~6.75% for a gain of 398 spirit [796 mp5]

Edited by Brady84

Guest jakkob

i'm going to assume that even though it takes less haste rating for 1% haste, that mastery still is going to be a very strong if not equal contender due solely because the way it affects tranquility.  Since haste no longer affects tranquility, that was the major reason for choosing mastery over haste, but even still... if all you are doing is rejuve blanket, swiftmend, wild growth,  mastery still might be a tad stronger for progression healing phases, such as butcher stacks etc.  

Sign in to follow this