FORUMS
Damien

Beast Mastery Hunter 6.2

Guest Nolan

I know there's going to be a wide range of answers to this question so I'll try my best to be as specific as possible.  I just got the mythic blackhand trinket and replaced the mythic imp one, only problem is, is that I'm lacking on haste.  Is there any sweet spot I want haste to be at?  Mastery is a God-stat and I've been trying to get my hands on as much as humanly possible, the BRF gear has been helping keep my MS relatively well off, but my haste (unbuffed, at least) is sitting just about 5%.  Granted, in a raid environment, and with 125 food, its at around ~12%.  Is this an issue for FF stacking?  My raid doesn't really need the added AoE, so I've been filling the niche of ST, but I don't wanna be slumpin' on the meters do to some, potentially, major oversight.

First off, you should be using mastery food, not haste food. Second, BRF gear isn't exactly overflowing with haste, so you're likely to have much less of it than mastery and multistrike. So really, if you are limited in what gear you have (meaning you aren't farming the content to no end), then don't worry about it too much.

• Haha 1

Guest Maajind

Can someone post an actual opening rotation please.  For single target I'm thinking:

Dire Beast, Bestial Wrath, Kill Command, Stampede, Focus fire, Barrage then Arcane/Cobra. 

Any thoughts?

Can someone post an actual opening rotation please.  For single target I'm thinking:

Dire Beast, Bestial Wrath, Kill Command, Stampede, Focus fire, Barrage then Arcane/Cobra. 

Any thoughts?

Not quite. I'm not sure why an opener isn't included, but I'll list them here anyways.

With Dire Beast:

Pre-Pot > Dire Beast > Stampede + On-Uses (Trinkets, Racials, etc) > BW > KC > Barrage > Focus Fire (at any number of stacks) > Arcane Shot spam > continue.

With Steady Focus:

Pre-Pot + Pre-Cast Cobra Shot > Cobra Shot > Stampede + On-Uses (Trinkets, Racials, etc) > BW > KC > Barrage  > FOcus Fire (at any number of stacks) > Arcane Shot spam > continue.

Guest lee_terry_jr

A few suggestions, first with the Deterrence Cancelaura Macro you can make it so it requires a mod to cancel (so it requires you to press shift + the button for example). This will make it so you can use the same button to cast and stop deterrence aura without making it easy to make a mistake. Just use the commands below in a macro

/cancelaura [mod] Deterrence
/cast Deterrence

Now as far as misdirection macro goes I find its sometimes better to do it like this

#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover,exists,nodead] Misdirection; [target=pet,exists,nodead] Misdirection

What it will do is cast misdirection on whoever the mouse is point at which makes it so you do not have to change your focus. That is better since allot of times when I am trying to cast it I am getting hit and when I get hit the game automatically targets the person who hit me making it annoying. Plus this way I can get back to killing faster after I cast it.

Guest Saraphan

Does Glyph of Stampede prevent loss of DPS, should you have "tank" pets in your stable?  I didn't see it listed on the guide and had to ask. 

Thanks.

Does Glyph of Stampede prevent loss of DPS, should you have "tank" pets in your stable? I didn't see it listed on the guide and had to ask.

Thanks.

The pets summoned by stampede act as if they were your active pet, however they only melee their target (no bite/claw/smack, JC, beast cleave, etc). The pet summoned by the 4pc acts the same way, but hits harder.

Guest Áva

Sorry the askion, but 5 stacks focus fire is up and BW comes off the cd too, shall i use both? or save Focus fire for when the BW is out?

Sorry the askion, but 5 stacks focus fire is up and BW comes off the cd too, shall i use both? or save Focus fire for when the BW is out?

You want to use Focus Fire at any number of stacks going into BW.

Guest Robert Kubichek

This thread is for comments about our Beast Mastery Hunter guide.

Do you have any data on Kihra's Adrenaline Injector   lvl 705 trinket?  213 agil 2130 mastey on use for 20sec 2 min cd

Hey,

Is BM stat priority Haste (until 19%) buffed or unbuffed btw?

Buffed.

Guest Snowbeard

Looks like the 100 level talents need updated. Missing Lone Wolf.

Looks like the 100 level talents need updated. Missing Lone Wolf.

spell_hunter_lonewolf.jpgLone Wolf is not available to Beast Mastery Hunters.  Instead, BM gets spell_hunter_adaptation.jpgAdaptation

Are the changed stat weights specifically the high priority till 19% to support to the t18 frenzy dependant set instead of t17? Or was there some other change?

Guest elizabeth farnum

I have no reason to think the information here is not accurate, but I'm disappointed that both the hunter experts you had review and give input are MM hunters, not BM hunters. I really needed to see their armory stat numbers and such, which (in their MM spec) are wildly different from mine, but I'm not sure how relevant their numbers are to me as BM. 

BM is currently a substantially worse raiding spec than MM.

As hunters who care a lot about our raid performance and play in somewhat competitive environments, we cannot afford to play a sub-par spec. You'll find pretty much no hunters in the top end playing the BM spec at all.

With that said, Niix and I almost exclusively played BM last tier when it was the best, both at the top of the rankings and the like, so it is not like we are totally clueless about the BM spec because we currently play MM.

Finally, one does not technically need to know how to play a spec to give guidance of it. In a game of numbers and math, everything can be simulated or figured out through math. Of course, that is not a good idea at all since personal experience goes a long way in advising about a spec when you have played at a high level.

Despite the both of us playing MM, we've extensively theory crafted and previously played BM.

I think that the correct use of Barrage should be noted in the guide for BM hunter.

It needs to be known how a hunter must pay great attention to his position when using it. Plenty of times I've accidentally shot off a few bullets towards the next group of unpulled Iron Horde orcs using Barrage, typed out a quick "Crap crap crap sorry!", and stopped using it the rest of the instance. Heck, I even switched to Glaive Toss for awhile! (It didn't work out very well.) The comments on Wowhead's Barrage entry sum it up well (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=120360/barrage#comments):

"Speaking as someone who primarily plays a tank, I hear "Sorry, Barrage" Anytime I group with a hunter with this talent at least once a pull. Please stop using it at every possible oppertunity, at least save it for when there isn't crowd control or something delicate in progress." By Skullhawk13 on 2015/01/03 (Patch 6.0.3)

I brought it up in general chat in-game, and there were two kinds of people who responded: the pissed-off tanks and the experienced hunters. I got some good advice from the latter, such as to stand at just the right distance, so as to hit your guys and not the next, as well as to know the arc Barrage can hit and even to hold off on it completely at times. They said it was one of their most useful but wildly dangerous abilities, but when used well it worked them wonders.

This isn't mentioned in the Icy Veins guide (for BM hunter anyway) nor in this thread. I think it's important and worth bringing up in the guide.

The thing is, the guides are aimed at and are coming from a raiding prospective, where the only time you risk pulling something extra is on the trash in between bosses. In these cases, properly positioning yourself is important and knowing that you can go around and barrage back toward the group can save yourself from having to apologize to the group.

Guest GV

A minor thing, but loot competition for tier tokens currently says: "Tier Tokens Marksmanship/Survival Hunters, Monks, Shamans, and Warriors".

As Beast Mastery Hunter I too compete with Monks, Shamans and Warriors.

A minor thing, but loot competition for tier tokens currently says: "Tier Tokens Marksmanship/Survival Hunters, Monks, Shamans, and Warriors".

As Beast Mastery Hunter I too compete with Monks, Shamans and Warriors.

What that line is saying is that you as a BM hunter are competing for tier tokens against MM hunter, SV hunters, monks, shamans, and warriors.

Guest JEssica

Quick Question related to stats, does anyone know the caps for these stats? Back in the day, it was very simple to find/figure out the caps, but for some reason now I can't find the caps anywhere. For example, at what point does Agility rating become useless, at what point does haste no longer do anything?

Guest Fhina

The PAWN you link is for MM, not BM.....it's not just the wrong name, the stats don't match what you suggest at all.

Guest Iriador

a QUICK question WHY is the 6/6 Engineering Gun NOT on the list of weapons? It's a viable option!

Those Tournament Mode weapons are on there and you can't even use them outside of Tournament Mode. Remove them, it's confusing and not helpful to gearing up for end game content.

By BlizzardCS (15,776 – 5·24·160on 2014/11/16 (Patch 6.0.3)  
Hello all!

Just wanted to explain something about Pyxni Pennypocket. She indeed sells Tournament Gear for gold, and this is totally intended. However, please keep in mind that this gear will only work in Tournament Mode, so if you use it while being anywhere else your stats will be the same as if you were not wearing anything.

I think that the correct use of Barrage should be noted in the guide for BM hunter.

It needs to be known how a hunter must pay great attention to his position when using it. Plenty of times I've accidentally shot off a few bullets towards the next group of unpulled Iron Horde orcs using Barrage, typed out a quick "Crap crap crap sorry!", and stopped using it the rest of the instance. Heck, I even switched to Glaive Toss for awhile! (It didn't work out very well.) The comments on Wowhead's Barrage entry sum it up well (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=120360/barrage#comments):

"Speaking as someone who primarily plays a tank, I hear "Sorry, Barrage" Anytime I group with a hunter with this talent at least once a pull. Please stop using it at every possible oppertunity, at least save it for when there isn't crowd control or something delicate in progress." By Skullhawk13 on 2015/01/03 (Patch 6.0.3)

I brought it up in general chat in-game, and there were two kinds of people who responded: the pissed-off tanks and the experienced hunters. I got some good advice from the latter, such as to stand at just the right distance, so as to hit your guys and not the next, as well as to know the arc Barrage can hit and even to hold off on it completely at times. They said it was one of their most useful but wildly dangerous abilities, but when used well it worked them wonders.

This isn't mentioned in the Icy Veins guide (for BM hunter anyway) nor in this thread. I think it's important and worth bringing up in the guide.

An addon I use pretty much on every toon (specially ranged) is "Range Display". Easily configurable and you can track the distances from your toon to the target, mouseover, and focus target. As a hunter, while focusing the misdirection to the tanks, I always recheck my positioning and distance too with this addon, before pressing Barrage button. Some people complaint for us BM using the backpedal while barraging too. It helps when you don't want the toon to be 'turned' 100% to the target, but maintain the 'frontal cone' in a way you don't hit other adds and keep hitting the target.