Damien

Beast Mastery Hunter 6.2

84 posts in this topic

Yooz, Hunters are seeing crit builds give much more damage than haste. It's on Niix's guide in the Icy Veins hunter forum, Azerothian's guide in the MMO Champion forum, and has shown itself to be superior when I tried out 4 different builds on a target dummy yesterday. (I went through an agility build, crit build, haste build, and mastery build. Crit did 3X the damage of all the other builds). Please update the Icy Veins guide. People are buying the wrong gems, including my guildies. Thank you  ^..^

Edited by Lunaboreal

Yooz, Hunters are seeing crit builds give much more damage than haste. It's on Niix's guide in the Icy Veins hunter forum, Azerothian's guide in the MMO Champion forum, and has shown itself to be superior when I tried out 4 different builds on a target dummy yesterday. (I went through an agility build, crit build, haste build, and mastery build. Crit did 3X the damage of all the other builds). Please updated the Icy Veins guide. People are buying the wrong gems, including my guildies. Thank you  ^..^

You are absolutely correct. AskMrRobot had me replacing a lot of gems with Accurate Imperial Amethyst (haste and crit), Smooth Sun's Radiance (pure crit) and Rigid River's Heart (again with the crit). ShaZam! Should hit like a Mack truck now!

Yooz, Hunters are seeing crit builds give much more damage than haste. It's on Niix's guide in the Icy Veins hunter forum, Azerothian's guide in the MMO Champion forum, and has shown itself to be superior when I tried out 4 different builds on a target dummy yesterday. (I went through an agility build, crit build, haste build, and mastery build. Crit did 3X the damage of all the other builds). Please updated the Icy Veins guide. People are buying the wrong gems, including my guildies. Thank you  ^..^

You are absolutely correct. AskMrRobot had me replacing a lot of gems with Accurate Imperial Amethyst (haste and crit), Smooth Sun's Radiance (pure crit) and Rigid River's Heart (again with the crit). ShaZam! Should hit like a Mack truck now!

Thanks guys. The issue should now be fixed.

Stat priority says Multistrike > Agility, but below Agility is still said to be the primary stat "look for it in all your gear". The explanation text below needs updating.

Stat priority says Multistrike > Agility, but below Agility is still said to be the primary stat "look for it in all your gear". The explanation text below needs updating.

A primary stat is Agility/Intellect/Strength/Stamina, as opposed to secondary stats, which are the other stats. It's just how they're called.

To be entirely fair, Crit is wildly close to Haste and Mastery for every spec. These are the weights that I use, and I believe they are very very close if not exactly the same as Azor's.

MM:

Agility: 1

Weapon DPS: 2.07

Crit: .80

Haste: .75

Mastery: .74

BM: 

Agility: 1

Weapon DPS: 1.18

Crit: .70

Haste: .63

Mastery: .62

The difference in using a Crit > Haste > Mastery build for either one of the specs as opposed to a Mastery > Haste > Crit build ends up being very very marginal at best. 

I'm just curious why you say it's the top dos spec, after playing both BM and MM throughout SoO since patch i consistently do higher dps as MM.

In Section 5.4.3. Tier 4 Talents there is this in the "Thrill of the Hunt" section:

"It is also important to use these procs up quickly, so as not to have any new ones wasted. In such cases, you can give Aimed Shot a higher priority than your tier 6 talents."

Mentioning Aimed Shot in the BM guide might be confusing to some.

In Section 5.4.3. Tier 4 Talents there is this in the "Thrill of the Hunt" section:

"It is also important to use these procs up quickly, so as not to have any new ones wasted. In such cases, you can give Aimed Shot a higher priority than your tier 6 talents."

Mentioning Aimed Shot in the BM guide might be confusing to some.

Not only is that confusing, it's also wrong. My bad, it's easy to mix up the shots sometimes when editing all the guides one after the other :)

It should be fixed now. Thank you!

I appear to be missing something. As a BM Hunter, I have steady shot, and steady focus benefits Steady shot... Why would i want to switch over to using Cobra shot, since it does less damage, takes the same cast time, and the same focus generation?

Wouldn't crit pull pretty far ahead of Multi-strike in PVP since MS only ticks once instead of twice?  Unless that is reflected in this guide somewhere and I missed it.

Do you think you could give stat weights for all the stats? I know what I should be building with stat priorities and everything, however I would like to be able to put these stats into ask Mr. Robot to see how it compares. The stats Mr. Robot has atm do not seem to be correct according to your stat priority. Thanks.

too many mistakes for a single class guide....lots of trust is lost

Do you think you could give stat weights for all the stats? I know what I should be building with stat priorities and everything, however I would like to be able to put these stats into ask Mr. Robot to see how it compares. The stats Mr. Robot has atm do not seem to be correct according to your stat priority. Thanks.

That is really not something we can do. Stat weights depend greatly on each individual character, and the priorities we list in our guides have to be generally applicable. If you want exact stat weights, you really need to run your character through Simcraft.

Would you care to point out a few of them? I'd love to fix them! Thanks.

Wouldn't crit pull pretty far ahead of Multi-strike in PVP since MS only ticks once instead of twice?  Unless that is reflected in this guide somewhere and I missed it.

Perhaps it would, but this guide is intended purely for PvE, so we can't really discuss something like that.

This kind of comment is utterly useless. If you see a mistake, you are literally commenting on the thread to tell us about it, yet you list none.

Where is there a mistake in this guide, I would love to hear what you think is wrong.

It might be usefull to add a Macro for Kill Command. As you state during your guide that using kill command will be cast on the target of your pet, not specifically on yours.

An optional Macro should be plausible for BM's to have the pet attack first and then cast Kill Command. or is there an issue with making such a macro?

It might be usefull to add a Macro for Kill Command. As you state during your guide that using kill command will be cast on the target of your pet, not specifically on yours.

An optional Macro should be plausible for BM's to have the pet attack first and then cast Kill Command. or is there an issue with making such a macro?

I think the pet is pretty good now at being on the right target. I'm not aware of any such macro being popular in general, but maybe I'm wrong.

I think the pet is pretty good now at being on the right target. I'm not aware of any such macro being popular in general, but maybe I'm wrong.

Yeah the pet still takes a few seconds to switch, this macro is what you're looking for.

#showtooltip Kill Command
/petattack [target=target]
/cast Kill Command

Here is the macro to fix your problem.

#showtooltip Kill Command
/petattack [target=target]
/cast Kill Command

Focus fire is passive now that should be updated and the guide changed to reflect updated rotations.