FORUMS
Damien

Beast Mastery Hunter 6.2

I've tested and seen the effects of the "Iron Hawk" versus "Spirit Bond" for BM hunters. For me at least, Spirit bond wins for every encounter, that constant 2% heal for me AND my pet every 2s surpasses the 'miserable' 10% reduction of the iron hawk, and you spare healing potions or healers mana for some raid damage. 'Overheal'? Better a passive overheal, than a 10% reduction on 200k boss damages, or any other big damage. That one would be useful for MM or SV with lonewolf talent IMO, since they wouldn`t in sane mind use a pet.

I rarely use Deterrence with it, and only on some exceptions, even then, there is still the backup healing tonic (which is healing more than the Healthstones, check for yourselves on that, dunno why blizz didn't fix it).

Posthaste I use mostly than other talents so that I have to movement Impairing effect remover (apart with Master's Call, for backup) and the speed buff. Again, Spirit Bond making less use of deterrence makes this more appealling to me.

Maybe (If people keep insisting on those talents) make that it would mean for 'Progression content' than those that may try old content.

I've tested and seen the effects of the "Iron Hawk" versus "Spirit Bond" for BM hunters. For me at least, Spirit bond wins for every encounter, that constant 2% heal for me AND my pet every 2s surpasses the 'miserable' 10% reduction of the iron hawk, and you spare healing potions or healers mana for some raid damage. 'Overheal'? Better a passive overheal, than a 10% reduction on 200k boss damages, or any other big damage. That one would be useful for MM or SV with lonewolf talent IMO, since they wouldn`t in sane mind use a pet.

The problem with Spirit Bond is, if your going to die in a raid setting, it's because of a big hit.  The 10% damage reduction on said big hit is going to be more effective and more likely to allow you to survive than a tiny 2% heal every 2s.  If you're dieing to small hits then that is your healers either not paying attention, you're standing out of range of them, or you're standing in fire, and in the last two cases you deserve to die.  To be honest, a lot of us recommend using Exhilaration for that talent tier, as it's a powerful 30% heal on a 2min cd, which can easily save your life in the case of a big hit.  Or in the case of multiple medium sized hits quickly (think Pound on Kormrok and IR), Exhilaration would be better here as well.

AND my pet

The only time healing your pet is useful is for soloing MoP content, where your pet actually takes damage because it's the one tanking.  Seriously, most 25H cata raid bosses can be killed within your opener for most classes at a decent gear level, healing your pet in these isn't an issue.  When I do (rarely anymore) go back and do MoP content, then yes, I will run BM with Spirit Bond, Mend Pet glyph, and MD to pet glyph, as that's where keeping my pet alive actually matters.

I rarely use Deterrence with it, and only on some exceptions, even then, there is still the backup healing tonic (which is healing more than the Healthstones, check for yourselves on that, dunno why blizz didn't fix it).

Posthaste I use mostly than other talents so that I have to movement Impairing effect remover (apart with Master's Call, for backup) and the speed buff. Again, Spirit Bond making less use of deterrence makes this more appealling to me.

Rarely using deterrence is bad.  Deterrence is one of the most powerful defensive cooldowns in the game, and allows for us hunters to "cheese" some mechanics by popping it and ignoring the mechanic altogether (Soaking Cavatation waves on Zakuun, doing Empowered runes on Kormrok, stacking doom wells on Gorefiend, etc).  For the level 15 talents, you should always in a PvE environment be taking CT;HC, as the cooldown reduction on Deterrence is too valuable.

Guest Sabs

The Pawn link in the Beast Mastery section for Add-ons leads to the same string used for MM. Sorry if I missed something where this was explained.

The Pawn link in the Beast Mastery section for Add-ons leads to the same string used for MM. Sorry if I missed something where this was explained.

That would be because Azortharion is no longer keeping up to date his BM and SV guides, and has instead chosen to focus entirely on MM.  The reason being that BM currently has no place in HFC progression compared to MM, however, if you wish to have stat weights for BM, these are what I use.  It's not a pawn string, but it's easy enough to put into pawn.

• Sad 1

Guest Angry

I was just curious, is the Beast Master info still accurate i.e. gems, enchants build etc.?  Everywhere I look it says to gem, enchant and gear for haste. "Agi > Haste >= Mastery >= Multi >= Vers"

Thanks!!

Angry

The difference between gemming haste vs mastery is incredibly small, but haste's strength lies in Beast Cleave, where there isn't very many opportunities to utilize. Mastery is always going to be a very powerful stat, and it is recommended to gem/enchant for it.

I have a question for hunters out there. I play bm in hfc in a heroic raid setting and sometimes mythic setting. Yes I am mid on the meters, but I'd rather not cater to the main raid groups by going mm. I still want to raid with my bm rather than mm Bc of the fantasy and who my character is. Does this cause problems within guilds or for people looking to pug? There have been times where I get into a Pug and they don't notice I'm bm until we pull and I'm holding my own in dps. They then wonder why I'm lower than other hunters and realize I'm bm. They either don't kick me because I'm doing decently or kick me even if I'm doing decently Bc I'm not doing the most optimal damage for a Hunter and prefer I spec to mm.

Also, it's a shame I only saw one other bm during a dungeon and one survival Hunter lvl 100 in orgimor in the last 2 months. I only see mm anymore because of the meters. I talked to a guildy too who said she rather play bm but have to play mm for the raid team and meters. Does this ruin the fantasy for anyone?

Edited by Aralnda

Guest el7cosmos

Why the class trinket including range? Is this mistaken for MM?

4 hours ago, Guest el7cosmos said:

Why the class trinket including range? Is this mistaken for MM?

It was a mistake, I fixed it :p